Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Tired? In need of a rest?

Have always found this argument a load of old tosh really... after physical activity the body needs time to recover, to come back stronger. If it doesn''t get enough time, you will gradually wear the batteries down.

Funnily enough that thing the players do between games called training is also a physical activity (where anyone worth having will be doing their upmost to push themselves and improve their game - especially when we''ve taken a load of players from the lower leagues).

[quote user="Gibbo"]

Have always found this argument a load of old tosh really... after physical activity the body needs time to recover, to come back stronger. If it doesn''t get enough time, you will gradually wear the batteries down.

Funnily enough that thing the players do between games called training is also a physical activity (where anyone worth having will be doing their upmost to push themselves and improve their game - especially when we''ve taken a load of players from the lower leagues).

[/quote]

What batteries?

OTBC

Like I''ve said, you should take this argument to Steve Morrison directly and see how he feels about it. I very much doubt anyone on this site has the balls or the legs to do what he does week in week out so support him when he needs it.

Same Mongs that were having a go at Holt will have a go at morrison now. If you don''t understand about players going in and out of form based upon factors on and off the pitch then you really are in trouble.

He needs our support and he''s got mine for sure, we are very fortunate to have a player of his talent playing for us.

[quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]

Like I''ve said, you should take this argument to Steve Morrison directly and see how he feels about it. I very much doubt anyone on this site has the balls or the legs to do what he does week in week out so support him when he needs it.

Same Mongs that were having a go at Holt will have a go at morrison now. If you don''t understand about players going in and out of form based upon factors on and off the pitch then you really are in trouble.

He needs our support and he''s got mine for sure, we are very fortunate to have a player of his talent playing for us.

[/quote]

Nobody mentioned Morison on this thread until you.

Hmmm....

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]

[/quote]

Hmmm....

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh Noes I''ve been ensnared in your epic trap! you can dine out on this for many a year

I notice you haven''t included any training or international duties in your irrefutable and well researched figures <DOT DOT DOT SMUGFACE SCRATCH CHIN>

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]

[/quote]

Hmmm....

OTBC

[/quote]

Oh Noes I''ve been ensnared in your epic trap! you can dine out on this for many a year

I notice you haven''t included any training or international duties in your irrefutable and well researched figures <DOT DOT DOT SMUGFACE SCRATCH CHIN>

[quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]

[/quote]

Hmmm....

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, but I didn''t set any trap; you stepped in it all on your little ownsome lonesome.

[:S]

OTBC

[quote user="Gibbo"]

[/quote]

You probably have a point Gibbo, but the fact is that this "resting" phenomena is a fairly recent factor in the game. Also, training is actually quite light once the season is in full swing and I always assumed that it was intended to expand tactics and solve or exploit weaknesses rather than be an actual fitness thing. Hence the conception of "match fitness" which is applied to players out for a while.

Recovery time, as you mention it should not be necessary for a young athlete who looks after himself plying his trade. Thus spake somebody who gets breathless climbing the stairs.

Personally, I think it may be as much of a mental thing. The pressures that come with supporter''s expectations and constant exposure in the media, where every dot and comma of performance is the subject of clinical analysis ,has to weigh. Footballers, having become highly paid super-stars have to cope with an exposure that must take some handling.

If the likes o f Morison need a "rest" it is, IMO, as much a result of this as of physical fatigue.