Sign in to follow this  
Irn Bru Canary

Is this the first time..........

that Lambert has aimed mild criticism at the fans? "The crowd expected us to win" "Maybe the fans need to stick with us a bit"

If it was it was entirely justified - I thought the crowd were over critical today. Remember where we were two years ago.

But the crowd and expectation can drive the players too. At least we got the point we deserved today

To be honest with you this annoyed me abit. Yes, Fulham are a good side with good players, but if we go to games expecting to lose or draw at best to sides like Fulham at home, then what''s the point of being in the PL? We have stuck with Norwich through thick and thin, what''s wrong with having a slightly higher expectation level than usual? He seemed really pi$$ed off with the fans Today, which seemed harsh and not really justified. PL has been immense since coming in 2 and a bit years ago, but this interview on SSN today did annoy me slightly

I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.

Fair criticism I think - fans are too quick to criticise the players and Lambert has always had good words to say about the fans. He understands that by fans sticking with the side, the team will be uplifted by this and push on. Some fans were booing our team at half time, as if we should be rolling Fulham over and beating them on our patch. They were in the Europa final in 2010, we were in League One!

Fulham recently got draws at Arsenal and Chelsea, yet idioys boo at Carrow Road because were we one nil down at half time. Also plenty of early leavers in the Jarrold walking out before the end rather than urging us on to equalize.

I thought he was trying to bring a bit of reality to the situation.He has in some ways created a monster that could devour him, lowering expectations a notch or two is no bad thing. I expect nothing from a game of football, there are those who do, they pay their money and want to beat teams below us. Results today are a timely reminder, sometimes in life you don''t get what you want. Ask Fergie, happy birthday Jocko!

H

I sit in the Jarrold, really have no idea why people leave so early. They know what we''re like, but it happens time and time again. It''s frustrating, never left a game early in my life! OTBC!

No there have been a couple of times in the past when he has got it wrong and the crowd has moaned, but notice one thing Lambert himself rolled the dice and realised it wasnt working out and changed it; that speaks volumes of him rather than the arrogant managers who will stick to their system because they know best.

[quote user="Prem1"]Lets see how long Paul Lambert sticks with the team once a bigger club comes calling , he will be off quicker than you can say On The Ball City.

[/quote]

If that happens he will go with my blessing and thanks for performing a miracle.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Prem1"]Lets see how long Paul Lambert sticks with the team once a bigger club comes calling , he will be off quicker than you can say On The Ball City.

[/quote]

If that happens he will go with my blessing and thanks for performing a miracle.
[/quote]

Spot on[Y]

And with some of our fans i wouldn''t blame him either.

I was watching on a live stream but our fans were quiet yesterday. It reminded me of when at the Blackburn game, there was no atmosphere or urgency of the fans to get behind the team in a critical game. Now I am a true believer of the fans react to the pitch, but yesterday from the 60th minute on there was no rousing noise from the home fans. It was as if, it was just something to do before a few drinks last night.

It was a critical game in my eyes that we should have been really up for but I felt that again the players were not and as usual we have had our terrible xmas spell. The manner of the draws at Wolves and Everton were annoying and although we went up a spot yesterday, we are the top of a big pack of clubs, rather than drifting above. I believe that result and the performances since the Swansea win gives Lambert plenty of clout to go into the board and say ok, we need some backing if we are to stay in this league.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="Prem1"]Lets see how long Paul Lambert sticks with the team once a bigger club comes calling , he will be off quicker than you can say On The Ball City.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same here.  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/king-033.gif[/IMG]

Why are some fans so pathetic they need to boo?

I agree with PL, we need to get behind the boys to get them playing. Look at the last 10 minutes, we sang and the players were piling the pressure on Fulham.

I think the stewards should block the entrances to stop people leaving early lol.

With all due respect to our players, our manager and our club, we should be languishing in the relegation zone worrying about our Premier League survival. The only people with Premier League experience here are the fans, and it seems the only people with unrealistic expectations are the fans!

[quote user="Largey24"]With all due respect to our players, our manager and our club, we should be languishing in the relegation zone worrying about our Premier League survival. The only people with Premier League experience here are the fans, and it seems the only people with unrealistic expectations are the fans![/quote]

Spot on. The players individually and as a team will get better with the experience of playing in the Premier League. I''m proud of every single one of them.

[quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote]He has never critised the fans since he has been here. Also the pre match interview he seemed peed off. I don''t like his body language ATM it is a bit concerning to me and i am wondering if he has had his head turned by a bigger club. Hope i am wrong but something does not seem right with him.

It''s the old story of who encourages who - the fans or the players.

Frankly I''m with Ryan on this. The team seemed tired and lack lustre in the first half. I feel supporters saw the team sheet, were concerned and this was confirmed in the first half. The booing whilst is wrong was borne out of frustration.

Second half we upped the game and Holt immediately lifted the crowd.

We are no different to any other crowd in the country and frankly I was disappointed at Lamberts comments. I hope that there is nothing to worry about re Lamberts immediate future but he does seem even more miserable than usual.

I hope and trust the board will support him to the hilt.

[quote user="morrisons black eye"][quote user="smiley"]I think he could be gone by the end of the season, and its his way of maybe disconnecting with the fans so to speak. If the club don''t give him the money in Jan i bet he''ll be gone by mid March. Hope i''m wrong.[/quote]

He has never critised the fans since he has been here. Also the pre match interview he seemed peed off. I don''t like his body language ATM it is a bit concerning to me and i am wondering if he has had his head turned by a bigger club. Hope i am wrong but something does not seem right with him.
[/quote]

It was around this time last year that similar things were said of Lambert; coincidence? The January transfer window is going to be a stressful time for many managers and Lambert may just be feeling  the strain or dare I say it,  reiterarting the fact if it was ever in doubt, that he needs to be backed as much as possible by the club, if he is to get his targets this January. I haven''t seen the interviews which people are referring to, but if Lambert does seem a little ''off'', it could just be a bargaining tool, and who could blame him? 

When Lambert is waiting to be interviewed on radio norfolk after the game can he hear the last caller while he waits ? He could be standing there and hear Rupert from Kings Lynn say that although he wasn''t at the game he thinks Morison is lazy and lambert got his tactics wrong. If I was in Lambo''s shoes and heard things like that I would feel pretty p1ssed off.

Some fans boo and some moan so why shouldn''t PL be allowed to moan?

Personally I don''t boo the team, I will admit I was having a moan about the effort Morison put in yesterday and was screaming at him to get in the centre as he is no good being out wide being a loan striker.

Lambert has often mentioned the fickle nature of football fans as a whole. I am sure he is well aware that if we go on a run of defeats the boo boys will be out in force and the previous two seasons will be forgotten. As a result if Lambert were to leave anytime soon I would not really blame him, his stock is at its highest at the moment and it can only really go down from here. Expectations get shifted and suddenly not beating teams like Fulham at home in the Premier League is met with disappointment. Its ridiculous in my view, but thats football. Rest assured that if more of the boo boys come out of the closet, Lambert wont stick around to put up with it.

I watched the Man U v Blackburn game yesterday, and I''ve never heard 70,000 people so quiet during the first half.  The only noise during the first 30 minutes were occasional chants of "Kean out" from the Blackburn fans (wonder how they feel now, after Kean''s team take 4 points out of 6 from Anfield & Old Trafford).  That''s what it sounds like when you expect to win.  By all accounts it was quiet in the first half yesterday at Carrow Road, perhaps because victory was expected.  I''d be surprised if that was the case, as I remember the 2006/7/8/9 seasons when we couldn''t expect anything from a game no matter who we were playing.  Maybe our fans have been spoiled and expect too much from games against the "lesser" Premiership teams (Fulham having been an established Prem team since 2001/2, so no mugs.)  Maybe the fans forget they have a part to play as well and that getting behind a team who have achieved near-miracles is better than booing.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I watched the Man U v Blackburn game yesterday, and I''ve never heard 70,000 people so quiet during the first half.  The only noise during the first 30 minutes were occasional chants of "Kean out" from the Blackburn fans (wonder how they feel now, after Kean''s team take 4 points out of 6 from Anfield & Old Trafford).  That''s what it sounds like when you expect to win.  By all accounts it was quiet in the first half yesterday at Carrow Road, perhaps because victory was expected.  I''d be surprised if that was the case, as I remember the 2006/7/8/9 seasons when we couldn''t expect anything from a game no matter who we were playing.  Maybe our fans have been spoiled and expect too much from games against the "lesser" Premiership teams (Fulham having been an established Prem team since 2001/2, so no mugs.)  Maybe the fans forget they have a part to play as well and that getting behind a team who have achieved near-miracles is better than booing.[/quote]I agree there about expectations. I think it is always going to be the case that fans are a bit slow to revise their expectation levels. Over the past two seasons we have been used to seeing a draw as a poor result, as two points dropped rather than one gained. Now we are at a higher level we need to look at a draw as a point gained, to see it as another step towards survival. [:D]On the sublect of Steve Kean, I wonder what Blackburn fans were realistically expecting from this season? If we had had a first half of the season like Blackburn''s, would we have been chanting "Lambert out"? I think not.

i just can''t understand the mentality of fans who boo their team. i thought the word for us is "supporters" but obviously there is a small percentage who are not happy if everything is not going smoothly. they are the people who, when having nothing to moan about, moan about having nothing to moan about.

I see the reporter in the Mail was not sympathetic with Lamberts comments re the crowd, suggesting he should recall the support over the last three years. Quite correct too!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I see the reporter in the Mail was not sympathetic with Lamberts comments re the crowd, suggesting he should recall the support over the last three years. Quite correct too!![/quote]Its easy to support when the club is winning every week, its the leaner times where real fans come to the fore.