Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We're doomed I tell ye, we're doomed

With Palace and Blackburn winning, more injuries, bad luck and other matters I can''t speak of yet, I think we''re doomed!.

At the moment, despite all the team''s hard work, I can''t see were the vital points we need to stay up are coming from, I have to accept our fate, and remain pessimistic about our premiership status this year.

The FA cup doesn''t hold much hope for me either, you can just see Malky nodding the winner 5 minutes before the end, can''t you?.

Keep the faith if you like, but I''ll keep reality if you don''t mind!.

Still, On the ball City!.

Excellent post!
You enjoy your pessimism and I''ll keep my optimism thanks.

Just over half the season gone, 3 points from safety, and Wizard has thrown in the towel.

Well how gutsy of you! Imagine if Ali had you in his corner during the "Rumble in the Jungle". You''d have told him not to come out for the second.

Underestimate the power of positive thought at your peril!

It''s green and yellow blind optimism in the face of adversity here too!! I''ll keep cheering regardless!!

1st Wiz - I''m not quite with you on this one yet but if you see my earlier posting (getting worried now) you will see that I have said there is now a gap forming between the fourth from bottom club and us (which is currently 5 points with Fulham to play on Wednesday).  If this gap gets to say 9 points then I am afraid I will be in your camp as I think with only two wins this season that that sort of gap would be too much to pull back.  That would be three wins without reply from the other teams.  I must admit I am now swaying on the more realistic side of relegation and getting increasingly frustrated at the boards lack of ambition considering that fans have been through hell and high water for this football club what with buying shares and not cashing them in.  Still Norwich has always been a club of 40 thieves (from the Arthur South era) so dont expect much to change now. It is so frustrating though that somebody of Ashton''s class could be obtained for a measly sum of 3 mill (which is measly compared to prices in this day and age) and yet the board state he is too expensive.  Complete and utter rubbish and it makes me wonder if they deserve the support that us fans give them. 

[quote]With Palace and Blackburn winning, more injuries, bad luck and other matters I can''t speak of yet, I think we''re doomed!. At the moment, despite all the team''s hard work, I can''t see were the vital p...[/quote]

Shame on you Wiz, stooping to realism and such pessimism, tut ! 

Looks as though I''ll have to carry on being the cheerful optimist on my own now.

O T B C

You''ll be back ! 

It''s gonna be a damn hard fight Wiz mate, but we''re not doomed.  I''ll review the situation on my birthday (Feb 1st, when the window slams shut) but I still think we''ve got a fair chance of staying up

Nothing has changed since we won promotion in those heady far away days of May...The squad remain short of ability by high on spirit and effort and we are closer to survival today that at any intervening time. Where we are better off is that at no stage through the season so far have we been riduclously outclassed and had we had an ounce of luck we woul dbe sitting above Fulham by now. Unlike every other side we have not had our ''good'' run yet we are still in touch with a couple of teams who are not playing we either.Its all there to play for and a win will simply make us euro contenders again OTBC

I agree again with Zipper. Strangely, I feel more optimistic than I have done for a while. We are only two points behind Palace, I think the players are actually coping better with the Premiership now than at the start- rather than hanging on desperately from time to time we are giving teams a good run for their money now and competing for a full game. Only some stupid mistakes are now costing us dear. Liverpool looked no better than us yesterday and we confined them to some long range stuff from Gerrard until the first goal.

We now have 6 games, any of which could be winnable with the players form at the moment. Villa and Everton both now sem to be in runs of poor form and we have WBA and Man City at home. Bolton are heading suth fast and Fulham and Blackburn not yet out of range. Soton have just sold Beattie.

It''ll be tough, but we have the mental strength to do it. Mix in a bit of well deserved luck and some decent referees and we might just be OK.

Wizard, can you start cheering up please?

[quote]1st Wizard,Do you remember me?I''m the person who had a go at you for being nothing but a doom and gloom master a month or so ago...Yet again you fail to disappoint.[/quote]

Dom Jay: Well at least I didn''t disappoint you!!. 

To be serious, after rereading my post today, I must agree with all of you, depression is my middle name, yes?.

Whilst I didn''t expect City to beat Liverpool, I was ''shattered'' when we lost. Mainly I suppose, because yet again, we didn''t deserve to lose.

Still, you know me, cometh a new day, cometh a new wiz!.

DD and Nav Man, always talk good sense, and if they ain''t chucked it in quite yet, then maybe I should follow their excellent example.

Although I still can''t see where the next points are coming from mind.

Keep the faith, Ouch, that bloody hurt!.  

Hello Wiz.......sir,

You obviously have not been taking your medication as I ordered before I went away on my chrimbo holiday! shame... I will have to have a stern word with Igor!! Time to buck up!! I''ve been working on my spells whilst away, and I have a few modifications just waiting for a test subject!!

Good to be back, still got five days left, but am well into that "END OF HOLIDAY" feeling mode (listen to me havin a whinge after nearly a month off)!!

Jim:

Fear not... the master apprentice of blind optimism has returned...

Hope you are both in good health, and ready for our season to really begin...

ONWARD NORWICH CITY!!!

We are surely going to get a break/some luck/some decent refereeing etc at some point and that might just be the catalyst.

I agree that on paper finding the 24 points we still need to hit 40 looks hard, but our goal has to be still within spitting distance of 17th spot come mid April asour run-in reveals the games that can be won to stay up a la Pompey last season. Feb is the month to keep the gap tight.

I too was pessimistic driving back yesterday and listening to Palace and Blackburn winning, but I also know what I''ve been seeing with my own eyes which is a side getting better, working harder and not getting the breaks and rewards they deserve. If you have any faith in fairness then this will come.

only 3 pts ahead of wba and some very tough home fixtures to come. doesn''t look promising but if we haven''t slit our wrists by April the run-in doesn''t look too bad.much depends on transfers and injuries. not just ours but our rivals too.