Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Thinking caps on folks. Would you do this deal in January?

Sell the currently hot Steve Morison to a club willing to pay silly money for a big striker.

Use the proceeds (topping up as necessary) to buy Jordan Rhodes, Robert Snodgrass and Lewis McGugan.

I would. Such a deal would strengthen our midfield which is supporting neither defence nor attack adequately - and give us a  striker who will quite likely end up significantly more successful than Morison

How about you?

OTBC

I would do nothing to disrupt what we have. I''d just add to it.

Anyway, McNally said there would be no significant transfer income this year.

[quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]Just looking at your all time 11 in your signature. Jesus.[/quote]

He may have got a game if Barry Butler was injured[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]Just looking at your all time 11 in your signature. Jesus.[/quote]

[/quote]

Now how did you know that?

Cheeky!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Now how did you know that?

Cheeky!

OTBC

[/quote]

Well, I''ve seen him a couple of times and he''s better in goal.

I don''t see Robert Snodgrass and Lewis McGugan making a big difference to our midfield in terms of supporting our defence.I would also suggest we wouldn''t be able to afford all three from the price Morison was sold for.  And there is no club waiting to pay "silly money" because the top Prem teams won''t want Morison and the bottom ones don''t have the cash to pay "silly money".  What is "silly money" anyway?So many hypotheticals that it''s almost pointless really, isn''t it?I tell you what I''d do, Bly.  I''d sell Simon Lappin to Barcelona, I''d buy Stilian Petrov, Chris Brunt, Antonio Valencia and Darren Bent with the proceeds and I''d use the remaining money to buy a small island (let''s say Scilly) where I''d install my own dictatorship and pay for Fiona Bruce to dress in fetish gear and attend my every whim.How about you?

I mean legends is fine but old=good. Nah. The last time any of those played the half time show was the black knight jousting. Theres no way they would be able to match modern day players.

You must be on your ownsome lonesome again in not recognising the immortal Norwich City 1958-59 FA Cup team.

But then, maybe you started off as a Manchester United supporter [:$] - and recently jumped ship on to the Norwich City wagon.........Hmmm.

Still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

You must be on your ownsome lonesome again in not recognising the immortal Norwich City 1958-59 FA Cup team.

But then, maybe you started off as a Manchester United supporter [:$] - and recently jumped ship on to the Norwich City wagon.........Hmmm.

Still. One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

Lifelong city fan but no degree in ancient history i''m afraid 1958 is completely mental

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t see Robert Snodgrass and Lewis McGugan making a big difference to our midfield in terms of supporting our defence.

I would also suggest we wouldn''t be able to afford all three from the price Morison was sold for.  And there is no club waiting to pay "silly money" because the top Prem teams won''t want Morison and the bottom ones don''t have the cash to pay "silly money".  What is "silly money" anyway?

So many hypotheticals that it''s almost pointless really, isn''t it?

I tell you what I''d do, Bly.  I''d sell Simon Lappin to Barcelona, I''d buy Stilian Petrov, Chris Brunt, Antonio Valencia and Darren Bent with the proceeds and I''d use the remaining money to buy a small island (let''s say Scilly) where I''d install my own dictatorship and pay for Fiona Bruce to dress in fetish gear and attend my every whim.

How about you?

[/quote]

We need better ''attacking'' midfielders so we keep possession better and hence take off some of the sustained pressure on our defence.

Now on to more important matters........... like just who is Fiona Bruce? And would you show us a picture of her, pretty please?

OTBC

Try using google images, Bly.

Shes a news reader so just look for an image of someone who looks like they''re sitting behind a news desk reading the news. Chances are you''ll start to notice the same face appearing in the image results too.

But for the topic in hand I''m not sure I''d want to sell Morison and risk making a move which could likely break our premiership status.

But as others have quickly pointed out we wouldn''t realistically get enough money from selling him to buy all 3 of those targets. Even if we added what money we have spare for january to it we would struggle I think.

[quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]

Lifelong city fan but no degree in ancient history i''m afraid 1958 is completely mental

[/quote]

Let me guess........another young fan who thinks Norwich City did not exist before 1993.[:@]

[quote user="Mister Chops"] I''d use the remaining money to buy a small island (let''s say Scilly) where I''d install my own dictatorship and pay for Fiona Bruce to dress in fetish gear and attend my every whim.

How about you?

[/quote]

Me ?........Julia Bradbury everytime Mister C.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="not a moaning old boy canary"]

[/quote]

Let me guess........another young fan who thinks Norwich City did not exist before 1993.[:@]

[/quote]

It did but 1958?? lets look forward or we''ll end up like Leeds. 1958 is the land before time. It''s in the sands of time and if you can remember it. You have my condolences.

Would rather we kept morison, bought In mucgugan n gunter for £3m as I''m sure we have the money without selling if we need it.

In fairness, the 1958 team would more than likely be trounced by our current one due to vastly improved fitness levels and the fact that the game has advanced significantly in 50 years.

Anyway back to the original point, no, I would not do that, we wouldn''t get that much for Morison anyway and besides, he''s been our player of the season.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d use the remaining money to buy a small island (let''s say Scilly) where I''d install my own dictatorship and pay for Fiona Bruce to dress in fetish gear and attend my every whim.How about you?

[/quote]I''d stick to the Fiona Bruce plan if i were you.I''d look terrible in fetish gear