Yellow Messiah

Team V QPR (Lappin returns)

Ruddy

Martin       Whitbread    Ayala     Drury

Pilkington   Johnson      Lappin   Bennett

Holt            Jackson

Any thoughts ?

Yes!

No Fox, no Wes, no Naughton...QPR will be very happy with that line up.

Hell of a game for Lappin to come in for-big game for BJ now as well as he''ll need to protect him.

Thats a very tender looking starting XI, if Barton gets amongst them and starts bossing the midfield, we''ll be in a spot of bother.

Wouldnt be surprised to see a diamond midfield here.

I know Lappin won''t let us down, I hope there is enough quality in this side to go for the victory.

[quote user="Ncfc123"]

Ruddy

Martin       Whitbread    Ayala     Drury

Pilkington   Johnson      Lappin   Bennett

Holt            Jackson

Any thoughts ?

[/quote]

Yeah, you have got players out of position in that line-up.

[quote user="Largey24"]Wouldnt be surprised to see a diamond midfield here. I know Lappin won''t let us down, I hope there is enough quality in this side to go for the victory.[/quote]

A diamond? How will that work? Despite having three left-sided(ish) midfielders I think it is a simple case of 4-4-2.

Surprised at Lappin, and with Drury, there doesn''t look like much pace or attacking threat down that side, perhaps more to deal with SWP.  Jonno has his work cut out containing Barton and Faurlin who is just as dangerous.  Looking again, i''d expect Lapps and Jonno to be cm''s.

No Crofts???

Only positive is that our bench looks fairly strong.  Lamberts gambled today, he got away with when we played QPR at home, but i''ll be surprised if we get anything out of todays game...  Hopefully they''ll prove me wrong.

I hope i''m wrong but that team doesn''t look capable of a point today.

No Wes, no chance.

Holt

Lappin Johnson Bennett Jackson

Pilkington

Ayala Martin

Whitbread

Drury Ruddy

How about that Joanna?

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Surprised at Lappin, and with Drury, there doesn''t look like much pace or attacking threat down that side, perhaps more to deal with SWP.  Jonno has his work cut out containing Barton and Faurlin who is just as dangerous.  Looking again, i''d expect Lapps and Jonno to be cm''s.

No Crofts???

Only positive is that our bench looks fairly strong.  Lamberts gambled today, he got away with when we played QPR at home, but i''ll be surprised if we get anything out of todays game...  Hopefully they''ll prove me wrong.

[/quote]

SWP isn''t even starting, but with Faurlin, Taraabt and Barton, with Derry holding, I have to think their midfield is stronger than ours....

Gonna be very tough today...

I think this is a pretty good line up. Surprised by the inclusion of lappin, but we know he can string a pass, can tackle and has a good engine. Great for Lappin, never thought he woudl grace a premiership game, but this could be a good game for him. He has also leadership qualities and a voice which we have needed. Yes it is a big surprise, but I prefer the 4-4-2 and believe that S. Jacko deserved a start and again this is an ideal game for him.

Great news for Lappin, to be honest after seeing Fox''s ineptness in running back to challenge the midfield that ran through our midfield with ease in the Fulham game, I am glad a change was made.

Think again the midfield changes show that Lambert is not afraid to rotate but also that no-one player has pinned down that position. Looking forward to seeing two genuine wingers who can create a great deal.

Defensively, no idea why Naughton is out. But I hope he is possibly signed up because I believe he can be here for many years under Lamberts tutelage.

I don''t want to see the diamond, think the bank of 4 in the midfield is very much needed and we need to get back to that. Changes to a team that needs a few changes, Morison I am sure will be introduced, as will hoolahan, but certainly Hoolahoops should be that creative spark from the bench.

So glad the window is open and so we can look for players to pin down these starting places.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]Holt

Lappin Johnson Bennett Jackson

Pilkington

Ayala Martin

Whitbread

Drury Ruddy

How about that Joanna?[/quote]2-1-2-1-4-1?

CDMullins, I was implying that Holt would start in goal!

When we have the ball benno and pilks go wide and tuck in without the ball.

If we can get benno and pilks the ball i think we can win however if we cant supply them and they go missing, may be a tough day in the capital.

First 15 mins always crucial, there confidence is low, so starting well is crucial

Very attacking, although perhaps not the strongest team out - is Lappin better than either Hooly or Surman?

I''m a little worried by a midfield which consists of two wingers plus Lappin and Johnson. With both Bennett and Pilkington told to get forward to supply crosses, I think that we shall struggle to contain their midfield.

We expected Morison to be rested, as he has seemed to be lacking energy recently, but is Jackson, whatever his talents, going to supply anything like the passess and knockdowns provided by Morison?  Or is Jackson to be the out-and-out striker with Holt the target man his supplier, so we play 4-4-1-1?

I know that players are tired after so many recent games, and PL made it clear that he would try to give games to more of the squad, but I am a little worried by the team selection.

Bit of a weird line-up, but only time will tell, I guess there needs to be some rotation, but 5 players?

Our squad has replaced a 25k man with a 75k man. We are looking now at why our team does need strengthening. I think it is a good set up, all will want to put in an impression many haven''t started games at all and so will be fresh and if it goes belly up then Lambert has a very good reason to go to the board to say we need to release whatever funds we can to strengthen our squad.

I personally think we do have enough, don''t think it is a team I woudl want playing an established prem team, but a promoted one it could work. We need a win today, think with good substitutions and hungry players starting this game we could pinch it.

Harsh on surman - only prem player to cover more than 7 miles on Sat - and has been playing well.

So many key players dropped - Naughton, Fox, Hoolahan Surman & Morison. All 5 are big calls by the manager.

Fingers crossed.

OTBC

[quote user="Salopian"]

Very attacking, although perhaps not the strongest team out - is Lappin better than either Hooly or Surman?

I''m a little worried by a midfield which consists of two wingers plus Lappin and Johnson. With both Bennett and Pilkington told to get forward to supply crosses, I think that we shall struggle to contain their midfield.

We expected Morison to be rested, as he has seemed to be lacking energy recently, but is Jackson, whatever his talents, going to supply anything like the passess and knockdowns provided by Morison?  Or is Jackson to be the out-and-out striker with Holt the target man his supplier, so we play 4-4-1-1?

I know that players are tired after so many recent games, and PL made it clear that he would try to give games to more of the squad, but I am a little worried by the team selection.

[/quote]

Almost certainly a factor in that line-up, possibly along with injuries we don''t know about. At least with - presumably - four in midfield we have more of a chance of combating QPR there than we would have done if we''d gone with Hoolahan behind two strikers and only three properly in midfield.

No Naughton after his game the other day? He didn''t play against Spurs so he must surely be carrying an injury?Surprising line up in a game we cannot afford to lose.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Lappin? FFS... is it April 1st? Please please prove me wrong, but this could be a disaster [:''(][/quote]

Nothing wrong with Simon Lappin!

[/quote]Hmmm... at this level i have my doubts, i had my doubts in the Championship. But as said, please prove me wrong, just remind me, when did he last score?

I like that team selection, PL has taken the chance to rest some players and still put out a very strong side, I can honestly see 3 points heading back to Norfolk tonight.

[quote user="Hog"]Lappin...3 points lost[/quote]

Delighted I was wrong!