Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Dear Delia, The spine is simply not good enough. You have to push out the boat.

I think that it is fair to say that all the best City teams over the past 45 years have been anchored by a strong spine - goalkeeper, centrebacks (2) and centre forward/principal striker.

It is quite evident that in these positions only Robert Green is up to scratch.

In order to stay up we need at least one commanding central defender as well as a strong, mobile skillful striker.

Quickly Delia before it''s too late!!!

OTBC

How can you say that Greeno is the only good player within those positions? I think that Doherty has been superb at the back for us and has taken his chance well, apart from one or two mistakes. I am first to admit that i was wrong to criticise him earlier on this season, and i believe he has become a key player in our back line. I also believe that Fleming has done very well and is always there to make the blocks and gets those crucial challenges in, although his lack of pace is his downfall.

I agree on the striker front and i would more than welcome a strong, commanding centre-back, but i won''t be disappointed if worthy chooses to stick with Flem and the doc. 

Hardly any games are televised down here... So I have to rely on the radio link, and I must admit... when theres a shot on our goals and it''s blocked, the names that usually follows is Flemming... Mckenzie''s name is usaully followed by the words...

"IS OFFSIDE"

I have to disagree - on current form the inclusion of Flem in the team for the rest of the season will mean certain relegation. Doc looks like he should keep his place though and in general I agree with Blys comments - a partner for Damo, a striker and a partner for Doc are needed but simply not that likely to arrive.OTBC

at the moment i wud have to say fleming is the weak link in our defence at the moment. worthy took a brave decision by taking drury out the team, now i think it should be done with fleming. as we''ve got west ham on sat, its a good time to try out a new back 4. edworthy has to come back in, even tho helveg done exellent against liverpool.

so..

......................green.....................

edworthy...helveg...doherty...charlton

Would agree that given the lack of option we could move Helveg to the middle of the defence - but who will then support the Dam in central midfield? Either way I agree that it looks like Eddy should be recalled for sat...