Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

First Division where leaders Charlton, (9-2-1-23-10) who have lost only one game all season, are at Leyton Orient (3-3-6-12-18) who are just one point above the drop zone.Leyton Orient v Charlton........away win. Good luck Graham and a happy and prosperous new year to PUP''s everywhere. [Y]

Evening pups

This week, i''ll be mostly going for Crawley (9-1-2 28f 11a) to beat lowly Barnet (2-2-7 11f 22a)

I wanted to pick a team nobody else has yet, and, while i''m sure Man U will beat Blackburn, with half the picks already going that way, I thought i''d go for one of the other ''bankers''.  Crawley lost their 15 match unbeaten run last time out against Gillingham, but the had to play around 3/4 of the game with 10 men.  They have 2 players in the top 5 scorers in Tubbs and Barnett.  Barnet do have the league leading scorer themselves in Mcleod (A player we were regularly linked with 4 or 5 years ago, ah how times change) but they lost 3-0 to dag and red last time out, a team only now 3rd from bottom, sooooo Crawley should really have too much for Barnet.

Good luck GH and good luck pups...

Happy new year as well guys and gals...

Also

Nutty, can you tell me what my winning streak is upto and including the back end of last season please?  Also, is their a record for most consecutive winning picks please?

Thanks mate...

Anyway for my pick...

Charlton to Beat Leyton Orient.

Charlton have won 9, draw 2 and lost 1 away.

L.O. have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 6 at their HQ!

Good luck Graham - Nice Chap and also like your Facebook Statuses! [y]

Although I follow the Posh, I can only see one result here......Middlesbrough vs the Posh - home win.Feel free to prove me wrong though.Good luck everyone!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Before i get to my pick can i just say that unfortunately Graham may not be around for some time yet and indeed this weekend may be a big ask of him as last night he was taken to that pit of depravity on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich called Chicagos by none other than Nutty''s son and daughter after the game.For those of you not aware of this establishment it is a flesh pot of loose women who have been drinking when they are not even thirsty and i am sorry to say young Graham was smitten at the surroundings and at the end of the night did not know if he was on foot or horeseback.[;)]

Now moving on good evening to you Nutty,good luck Graham(if he surfaces before Saturday) and good luck to all you other PUPs out there.

Another well dodgey weekend has me very cautiously selecting a HOME WIN for Reading v The Scum.

[/quote]

I''d just like to make it clear that "Dad" was safely on his way home from the Nelson before the three muskateers conquered POW Road. My only other thoughts on the matter are "Chicagos today, Catherine Wheel tomorrow..........

[/quote]

Another report has come to my notice that your daughter got young Graham on to the dance floor Nutty.Apparently he had liquid hips and rubber legs and as he had been drinking no doubt was talking with loose fitting teeth.[H]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Before i get to my pick can i just say that unfortunately Graham may not be around for some time yet and indeed this weekend may be a big ask of him as last night he was taken to that pit of depravity on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich called Chicagos by none other than Nutty''s son and daughter after the game.For those of you not aware of this establishment it is a flesh pot of loose women who have been drinking when they are not even thirsty and i am sorry to say young Graham was smitten at the surroundings and at the end of the night did not know if he was on foot or horeseback.[;)]

Now moving on good evening to you Nutty,good luck Graham(if he surfaces before Saturday) and good luck to all you other PUPs out there.

Another well dodgey weekend has me very cautiously selecting a HOME WIN for Reading v The Scum.

[/quote]

I''d just like to make it clear that "Dad" was safely on his way home from the Nelson before the three muskateers conquered POW Road. My only other thoughts on the matter are "Chicagos today, Catherine Wheel tomorrow..........

[/quote]

Another report has come to my notice that your daughter got young Graham on to the dance floor Nutty.Apparently he had liquid hips and rubber legs and as he had been drinking no doubt was talking with loose fitting teeth.[H]

[/quote]

Tilly are you suggesting Graham may be Dean Coney''s love child!!!

Jed ..

I was also going to pick Crawley until I noticed it was tonight. You can hold on to that pick if you want but Graham can''t put it in his six. It''s up to you buddy.

Sorry I didn''t get back to you about your winning streak. You''ve asked me twice now and my only excuse is age!! [:)] Your winning streak is 21 including the last five weeks of last season. Two years ago Mr Bump picked correctly in the first 31 weeks of the season. He finished the season on 39/40 and incredibly five other PUPs  finished that season with over 90% correct.

Norfolkchance1.. I haven''t forgotten your update to the all time stats. I will hopefully have more time next week.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Jed ..  I was also going to pick Crawley until I noticed it was tonight. You can hold on to that pick if you want but Graham can''t put it in his six. It''s up to you buddy.

Sorry I didn''t get back to you about your winning streak. You''ve asked me twice now and my only excuse is age!! [:)] Your winning streak is 21 including the last five weeks of last season. Two years ago Mr Bump picked correctly in the first 31 weeks of the season. He finished the season on 39/40 and incredibly five other PUPs  finished that season with over 90% correct.

Norfolkchance1.. I haven''t forgotten your update to the all time stats. I will hopefully have more time next week.

[/quote]

Ok, thanks NN.  That was some run Mr Bump was on and what a season!!! 

I''m probably gonna jinx the whole thing now, but, if Crawley dont count, i''ll change to Man United then please, unoriginal, but at least it''ll count towards the final selections...

Cheers mate

Quick and easy one this week....

Sheffield Utd v Hartlepool...Home win.

The best of luck to Graham and all my fellow pup''s.

Good luck Graham, I''m sure you must have recovered by now... [:P]My pick this week is Reading to beat the scum.Happy new year to all [<:o)]

Right, time to make my picks for this week and what a horrendously difficult task we have here folks.  Thanks to everybody who has picked for giving me as much to choose from as possible, it''s been a good effort considering the lack of choice we have.  So (with the aid of some suitably obscure music playing in the background) here''s my final six:Man Utd v BlackburnSheff Utd v Hartlepool (also my pick for this week)Swansea v TottenhamLeyton Orient v CharltonWrexham v AFC TelfordGuiseley v HarrogateI would have had Crawley if it wasn''t for a technicality (i.e. they''re playing tonight).  I was tremendously tempted by Reading (top marks for those who picked them by the way) but our Suffolk fiends have a habit of throwing spanners in the works at the most inconvenient moment.  And Cardiff, too, but I''ve already gone for two away wins and I can''t imagine netting three in one week.So there we have it - I feel that''s the best I could muster in a very tricky week so I''ll be keeping my fingers crossed from 12.45pm tomorrow (in between sessions of drinking cider, natch) and hope that somehow it''ll all turn out fine.  (Oh, and thanks to ''Nana for his nice comments - I appreciate it and the money will be in your account tomorrow [;)].  Also, I can''t help but notice my squeaky-clean reputation has taken something of a battering from everyone else in recent months - I can''t possibly think why, what with my always-impeccable behaviour and all...)

Great set of picks from a difficult fixture list Graham. I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is £99.70.

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Man Utd @ 1/8
Tottenham @ 4/6
Sheff Utd @ 8/15
Charlton @ 10/11
Wrexham @ 4/11
Guiseley @ 1/3
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
30/12/2011 19:22:2410.000.00

Man Utd get us underway at 12:45 tomorrow followed by Sheffield Utd at 1pm and Tottenham at 3pm. Charlton start at 5:15pm and hopefully we will be undefeated over going into Sunday when Wrexham and Guisely kick off at 3pm.

Good luck everyone...[:)]

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Ah crapballs, just noticed Crawley game is tonight...  Well if I cant have Crawley, i''ll have Man U then...

Thanks

[/quote]

Lol. Plenty of thought gone into this one.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]
Man Utd v Blackburn
Sheff Utd v Hartlepool (also my pick for this week)
Swansea v Tottenham
Leyton Orient v Charlton
Wrexham v AFC Telford
Guiseley v Harrogate
[/quote]

Hurrrah!!! An all English 6! Graham you''ve made this my favourite 6 picks this year!! [;)]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Hurrrah!!! An all English 6! Graham you''ve made this my favourite 6 picks this year!! [;)][/quote]Except - oh no! - Wrexham are Welsh.  But, er, we can always pretend they''re English.