Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week seventeen of the Rays Funds for FONCY season We have a quick change over this week so to avoid confusion I’m not putting the stats on the previous thread. For what it’s worth they show what a difficult job Tilly had. If you take away the two bankers, Gent and Man. Utd, it was very difficult to find another four selections to complete the bet.

So we move on to the New Year fixtures and we have another real star in Graham Humphrey in charge and making the final selections. Graham has been with us since the start and has been one of our most consistent PUPs throughout. Overall he has 111 correct picks from his 147 made 76%. This pretty much reflects his record this season which is 12/16 75%. His selections are always well thought out and often offer another alternative to the PUP in charge. Graham is also a previous winner with his name proudly in Ray’s signature due to his excellent win last Christmas. Graham always comes to our social events where he is great company.

But good as he is Graham will need all you PUPs to be on top form if he is to record his second win. The fixtures we are considering are those played on Saturday and Sunday. Not those on 2nd or 3rd because that is a different round of fixtures.

Don’t forget we are asking for your very best “nap” selection. The result that you think is most likely this weekend. Remember we can only consider matches that are listed by Bet365 for the final selections. This is imperative because I will be placing the bets there online. Bet365 website is here but you can just as easily check by using our old favourite odds checker.com. If you’re unsure ask on the thread and I’m sure one of us can help you.

Here is the league table following the Christmas fixtures. Jed still has his perfect 100% record with Broadslim right there with him having selected in one less week. : -

Jed Exodus 16-16 100

Nrflkbroadslim 15-15 100

Dogger 15-16 94

Kathy 15-16 94

Mr. Bump 15-16 94

Statto 15-16 94

Trent Canary 15-16 94

Beauseant 14-16 88

Fonejacker 14-16 88

Herman 14-16 88

Hughesy 14-16 88

Til 1010 14-16 88

SD - Pete 13-15 87

Davo 12-14 86

Legend Iwan 11-13 85

Twitchy 11-13 85

Devon 13-16 81

NCFCStar 13-16 81

Fellas 12-15 80

Inch High 12-15 80

Scooby 12-15 80

methcanary 11-14 79

NWC 9-12 75

Chelle 12-16 75

Cityangel 12-16 75

GMF 12-16 75

Graham 12-16 75

I''m A Banana 12-16 75

Leedscanary 12-16 75

Mister Chops 12-16 75

PurpleCanary 12-16 75

Yankee Canary 12-16 75

Shack Attack 11-15 73

Excited Canary 10-14 71

Jellytot 9-13 69

Cosmic Twin 11-16 69

Ginger Pele 11-16 69

Newyorkcanary 11-16 69

Norfolkchance1 11-16 69

SWP=PMRF 11-16 69

Duncan 8-12 67

Shyster 6-9 67

Hissing Sid 10-15 67

Diesel Doris 10-16 63

nutty nigel 10-16 63

Mandie Moo 9-15 60

Boyo 7-12 58

Muddy funster 8-14 57

1st Wazzock 9-16 56

Mear Kat 9-16 56

Gregt 7-13 54

The G Drinkell 6-12 50

Ruddy Future 4-8 50

Now I’d like thank all you PUPs for your help and support during 2011. It’s been a real pleasure to look after this for you. Here’s to a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year for all of us.

Ill hand the thread over to Graham now. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get x2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... take it away Graham ... the free bet is yours.......[:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, yes Norfolkchance1 £1476 for the Academy,so far.

At the risk of getting told off for getting the wrong day again, I''m going to go for Southampton to beat Bristol City on Friday night. Good luck Graham. Hope you havent been led astray and corrupted by some of my friends over the last few weeks [A]

Heading to the mighty Saudi Arabian league for this week,

AL HILAL       v           Hajer Club

10-2-1 +16                     3-3-7 -18

Good luck Graham and all PUPS.And happy New Year to all.

This is probably the most difficult week I have seen. At first glance the only game worth napping is Man United; So I am stretching a bit to Saudi Arabia with Al Hilal Riyadh to beat newly promoted Hajer.Al Hilal are second, 10/2/1 in the league, 4/1/1 at home. Hajer are 10th (Out of 14) and are 1/2/3 away - However Hajer have been spanked 6-0 and 7-1 in two recent away fixtures against teams towards the top.In the corresponding fixture at Hajer''s ground, Al Hilal won 2-1.In my book this is far from a cert, but this is the best bar Man U that I can find.Best of luck GH - A win here would be most impressive.

I was also going to go for Man Utd as they will give Blackburn a good festive beating, but I will risk something a bit more adventurous for New Year''s Day.WREXHAM are top of the Blue Square Prem, 9-2-2 at home.Telford are 18th, 1-5-7 away from home.Wrexham also beat Telford 2-0 away from home this week, so will be looking for more of the same.Finally, 2nd placed Fleetwood play 3rd placed Southport so Wrexham will want to win this one as their nearest rivals may drop points.My only hesitation is that I don''t wholeheartedly trust the Welsh ever since a summer holiday fling with a girl from Llanberis went sour.  Still, her loss.[8o|]

Manchester United to beat struggling Blackburn for me as well please.Man Utd - Home Win.Guess I won''t be alone with this one, and 1/7 odds says it all.Good luck all - and Happy New Year.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Man Utd to beat Blackburn.

Good luck Graham and pups [:)]

[/quote]

Man U to beat Blackburn please. Good luck Graham and all the Pups!

To the Conference North.

Guiseley to win at home against Harrogate.

Guiseley in good form and with an 8-2-1 and 29/10 home record.

Harrogate in poor form and with a 2-1-8 and 14/27 away record.

The last game for both (on Boxing Day) was the reverse fixture, with Guiseley winning 4-0 at Harrogate. The current odds are 1/3.

Bonne chance a tous![Y]

I''m only just in the top 40 :O Not having a great season, Chelsea have let me down twice now. So i''m going to do something very silly and go for a Norwich win.

Norwich vs Fulham- Home win.

Good luck :)

ANOTHER tough week!! Heading to League One for:

SHEFF UTD  -v- Hartlepool  HOME WIN

Good Luck GH and all you Lovely PUPs[:)] and although I said it last week I''ll say it again "Happy New Year" everyone![<:o)][B][D]

A Sunday offering from the Blue Square North this week.

Guiseley vs Harrogate - Home Win

Guiseley are 3rd (7 wins in a row and W8 D2 L1 F29 A10 at home) Harrogate are 16th (4 defeats in last 5, W2 D1 L8 F14 A27 away)

Best of luck Graham, and all you PUPs.

Before i get to my pick can i just say that unfortunately Graham may not be around for some time yet and indeed this weekend may be a big ask of him as last night he was taken to that pit of depravity on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich called Chicagos by none other than Nutty''s son and daughter after the game.For those of you not aware of this establishment it is a flesh pot of loose women who have been drinking when they are not even thirsty and i am sorry to say young Graham was smitten at the surroundings and at the end of the night did not know if he was on foot or horeseback.[;)]

Now moving on good evening to you Nutty,good luck Graham(if he surfaces before Saturday) and good luck to all you other PUPs out there.

Another well dodgey weekend has me very cautiously selecting a HOME WIN for Reading v The Scum.

Thanks Nutty for the intro and once again for handing me the opportunity to pick.  I''ve been looking forward to this for a while now, especially after registering a victory last year - and once again I will need the help of all you PUPs to do the same on what is another very tough-looking weekend.  Not only due to the relative lack of games but at this time of year, with such a quick turnaround of fixtures, some very odd things happen (as we have already seen).  However I''m sure with everyone''s help we can nail this one - thanks to all who have picked so far, thanks in advance to those who will, and once again I am impressed with the variety of selections coming in already.  Every single one will be given serious consideration and I will make my final selections sometime on Friday.And I would just like to add I will be consuming no alcohol between now and when I make my picks as I am the model professional when the situation arises.Tilly - you will be hearing from my lawyer [;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Thanks Nutty for the intro and once again for handing me the opportunity to pick.  I''ve been looking forward to this for a while now, especially after registering a victory last year - and once again I will need the help of all you PUPs to do the same on what is another very tough-looking weekend.  Not only due to the relative lack of games but at this time of year, with such a quick turnaround of fixtures, some very odd things happen (as we have already seen).  However I''m sure with everyone''s help we can nail this one - thanks to all who have picked so far, thanks in advance to those who will, and once again I am impressed with the variety of selections coming in already.  Every single one will be given serious consideration and I will make my final selections sometime on Friday.

And I would just like to add I will be consuming no alcohol between now and when I make my picks as I am the model professional when the situation arises.

Tilly - you will be hearing from my lawyer [;)]

[/quote]

As was the case, when I was young man, with every young lady standing alone on a corner at the end of Price of Wales Rd. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Before i get to my pick can i just say that unfortunately Graham may not be around for some time yet and indeed this weekend may be a big ask of him as last night he was taken to that pit of depravity on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich called Chicagos by none other than Nutty''s son and daughter after the game.For those of you not aware of this establishment it is a flesh pot of loose women who have been drinking when they are not even thirsty and i am sorry to say young Graham was smitten at the surroundings and at the end of the night did not know if he was on foot or horeseback.[;)]

Now moving on good evening to you Nutty,good luck Graham(if he surfaces before Saturday) and good luck to all you other PUPs out there.

Another well dodgey weekend has me very cautiously selecting a HOME WIN for Reading v The Scum.

[/quote]

I''d just like to make it clear that "Dad" was safely on his way home from the Nelson before the three muskateers conquered POW Road. My only other thoughts on the matter are "Chicagos today, Catherine Wheel tomorrow..........

After yet another winning away selection paying better than even money I will stick to my looking for value approach and will turn to one of our old boys to help our youngsters.

Nottingham Forest who can''t buy a goal against Malky''s  free scoring Cardiff side and although the Forest drought has to finish some time I can''t see Cardiff not being able to score more.

Notts Forest v Cardiff Away win - (probably better than 1/7 odds as well)

Good luck Graham. and I wish all fellow PUPs and NCFC fans a very happy new year

I''m with Purple and Sid this week. Guisely look a good thing at home to Harrogate. They have already provided the stats. I''ll just add that Guisely score and average of 2.6 goals per home game while Harrogate concede an average of 2.5 each away fixture.

Guiseley        V       Harrogate          Home Win

Well I am back from Carrow Road. While there I got to do the 2 things I most wanted to: 1) Meet Paul Lambert and 2) Meet Eddie in person. I accomplished both within 10 minutes of one another. After the match, the Club were thrilled to have NY Canaries over so they let me into the Press Room. On my way down, who do I hear at the Gunn Club entrance trying to page me but none other than Nutty and Jellytot!

Needless to say I was thrilled to finally meet them. It was too bad the 2nd half didn''t turn out as we had hoped, but in speaking to MoM after the game, Zak Whitbread, he said they would be chomping at the bit to play better vs. Fulham. I gave a NY Canaries shirt to Paul and invited him over to NY. His response was. "If I don''t win any more games, I''ll be able to spend a lot of time in New York." I thanks him for everything he has done and continues to do and assured him he will win many more with us.

Because of that, I will go with a higher odds pick (~6/4) and back the Canaries to Win on Saturday over Fulham. I am sorry I didn''t get the chance to meet as many PuPs as I would have liked that trip but there will be other trips and I welcome any PuPs to come to NY and we''ll have a few at Keeleys.

Thanks!

Justin (newyorkcanary)

You''ve got a really tough week, Graham.

I think there''s a good pick in the Northern Irish Premier League, unfortunately there are no odds available on Bet.365! [:(]

So I''m going to have to be really unimaginative and go for a home win for Man Utd.

Good Luck, Graham!

And a very Happy New Year to all PUPs! [D][<:o)]