Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

An immense win.

Whilst a draw would have been acceptable, to take all 3 points is absolutely terrific for us. I feel that in the final reckoning come May, we will look back to the fortune favouring us today.

I know many will say it was down to the triple substitution, but another day Barton would have stayed on the pitch to be pivotal in getting something out of the game.

What was immense was not any twaddle about beating relegation rivals (something you didn''t say Daz) as it must be clear to even the biggest whingers that we are not in any relegation dogfight or likely to be but that we were able to bring in squad players who many had written off (certainly me) such as Lappin and Drury and still turn out a good performance.It is this excellent work being done by the coaching staff that is of immense importance. If both Lappin and Drury had been January signings we would be raving about more excellent work by Lambert.What is also obvious is the strain Premier League football puts on players, more so with 3 games in less than 7 days - so to be able switch the team around and still grind out a result should point a few of the whiners towards why we are comfortably mid table ... and have been for most of the season.

big big win agree!

We are + 8 from wolves and qpr who even not last 3 at moment.Now things is much more relaxed.I watch it live on sky italia so must say we not look danger until Barton off but after that controlled the game and after 65 min totally go for win it.keeper + deffence very very good game for them also Pilky man of the match for me great come back really quality boy Johnson was very imp role too also Bennett impressive display.Jacko and Lappin was not so good game from the first 11

Until any team, excepting the big guns, is mathematically safe from relegation, effectively they are in a relegation battle. However, I have faith that we will not be relegated, and I have faith that we will finish comfortably out of the relegation zone, but this is by no means a given, there are 18 matches and a plethora of what if scenarios to be played out before that.

What is very heartening is the tenacity of the team as instilled from Lambert, and the fact that he is the genuine article as a Manager and Coach.

You also make a very good point about the demands of the Premier league, a point that wasn`t lost Geoff Stelling, who pointed out that relatively, we have depth to our squad, which is evident in Mr Lambert`s team selections.

"Until any team, excepting the big guns, is mathematically safe from relegation, effectively they are in a relegation battle."If the ''big guns'' are exempt then that must be due to a ''degree of probabilty'' - which must therefore extend to ALL the teamsie we were 5-1 down at Man City and by that reasoning until the final whistle blew we were in a win battle and Man City were not safe from a defeatTherefore WE ARE NOT in a relegation battle. We are 9th. We have been there or thereabouts for almost ALL the season. Todays game demonstrated that we have strength in depth to cover any further injury losses - we also have the possibility of new players coming in and the return of Vaughan.It should also be noted that at this stage last season the bottom three teams had 4 points more, that is equivilant to us sitting on 29 points this season.

Possibly obscure fact. That is our first Premier League double since we beat Ipswich home and away in the 1994/95 season. A season in which - at beyond halfway through - we looked totally safe from relegation...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Possibly obscure fact. That is our first Premier League double since we beat Ipswich home and away in the 1994/95 season. A season in which - at beyond halfway through - we looked totally safe from relegation...[;)]

[/quote]yes i remember all this after we won 3-0 ipshit we not win any game till end and relegated played terrible really.