Sign in to follow this  
olster

Crow

Wondering what everyone thought of crow when he came on ? thought he looked direct and played like a real centre forward considering he was playing against one of the best central defensive partnerships in the league

I know him and jarvis are still players for the future but why not give them more of a chance ?

Thought Crows first touch was superb and was a lesson for Leon.

Jarvis too - great strike from someone full of confidence and belief in himself.

I hope they both start v West Ham

I think both of them deserve to stay on bench ahead of the likes of Mulryne, McVeigh .

Everyone will be "Raven" about Crow in the not so distant future!

A young prospect who will go far, he didn''t look out of place against Liverpool and was comfortable on the ball. Deserves a crack against "Worst Ham" alongside Jarvis. OTBC ;~)

Emperor''s new clothes? he was on for less than 30 mins and yes he looked sharp and keen (not surprising for a youngster keen to make an impression). Didn''t Leon look very good in his early season cameos and now everyone''s going for the jugular. how many goals has Hucks scored from open play ? from the radio commentary it appeared that leon ran his socks off in the portsmouth when we were down to 10 men and he played no small part in the result.

Yes Leon is always full of running and 100% committed, but his confidence seems shot. Perhaps a few games in the reserves, with hopefully a few goals, will help restore his confidence?

For me he has had a long time to make his mark, we just haven''t seen enough goals from him. He isn''t showing the composure in the box like Jarvis did yesterday. I think its time for the youngsters to show what they can do, but believe Jarvis is ahead of Crow right now. Both have been scoring well in the reserves, have a great first touch and don''t seem overawed about playing first team premiership football, Jarvis has shown he has the finish to go along with that!

i thought he done very well. he didn''t give the ball away once and manage to hold off hypia aswell! if he did play upfront, i feel he wud need support, therefore changing the system against west ham.

Considering their age I think they are both good prospects. Crow seems to have better ball control to me- but what a strike for a goal from Jarvis. Good for the future, not so sure about now though.

Leon did work his socks off at Pompey and has never been doubted in that department. He does seem to be struggling to get into goal scoring positions though. Needs more service, but also to create more space for himself. Easier said than done! I still rate him, though and am glad to have him in the squad.

I dont think people are going for the jugular. Mckenzies work rate and commitment are not to be faulted, and hes as honest as the day is long. People simply have to stop taking an honest opinion on whether a player should be playing or not, or criticism of a player as a personal attack on the player. Mckenzies goal tally simply isnt good enough. You cant keep blaming service, hes had chances, from the very beginning of the season. Its time for a change.

well there will have to be a change now mckenzie is injured. if he''s pulled a hamey, he''s got to be out for a few weeks.