Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Morison posts? where are they all tonight?

so come on wheree are all the people slagging him off tonight then? Or is it that we have to find a new scapegoat now!!!well done Morison for ramming your critics words down their throats just as Holt did earlier in the season!!!

As I said earlier, I''ll need to see the highlights before I decide how I feel.  Yes, I suppose I am quite pleased Morison scored a winning goal

but I want to see how he celebrated the goal and who with.  If he

celebrated too much and made it all about Morison then I have an issue

with him.  If he didn''t celebrate enough then I have an issue with him because he doesn''t care. 

If he celebrated with his team mates then he''s trying to look like a

team player but won''t fool anyone, and if he celebrated on his own it''s

because he''s got another £10k on his weekly wage when he moves in

January to a bigger club because he''s Charlie Big Potatoes and thinks he''s better than everyone else, which you can usually quite clearly see from his body language.I also want to watch in freeze frame to see whether I can detect any sweat on the man''s brow as a lazy man can still score goals just by being in the right place at the right time.  For all I know, he turned his back and shrugged his shoulders and the ball deflected off a QPR defender, hit him on the elbow and bounced in.

So he''s not out of the woods yet, and don''t think

coming off the bench and scoring a goal is going to wipe the slate

clean.  Get me?  [8o|]

I must admit I have worried about his body language at times plus my Millwall mate, told me when he signed that he would split support and he didn''t like him!

There is no doubt he has fantastic potential particularly when his first touch improves. I was particularly pleased how he celebrated with supporters after his goal today.

An important part of the squad.

Well Morison didn''t look disinterested today, so why would people be moaning about him?

You really need to stop with these posts. Do you really think Morison''s performances against Everton, Spurs and Fulham (and some say Wolves as well) don''t deserve some comments? (Most) people aren''t saying he''s useless and get rid of him, the majority of the comments I saw were very sensible and outlining the obvious problem, and how to possibly address it. You come on here and start having a go at anyone who dares suggest one of our players isn''t a world class player immune to criticism.

Morison had a couple of off games, everyone does, people were just slightly concerned because we need our strikers to be scoring goals. He''s now come back and scored the winner today, and i''m sure will be back to his best against WBA (doubt he''ll play against Burnley).

Just a quick one but people forget Morison was a non-league not so long ago. He is still quite raw really and I think the 4 games in two weeks

has caught up with a few Norwich players Morison included

Ginger, the point is that a lot of the criticism was way over the top!! EVERY player has bad performances but the level of criticism aimed at him was ludicrous! I agree he was poor against spurs and on saturday but a lot of others were poor v spurs but nobody got the criticism he did, he plays for city so should be backed whatever he does. i remember ted MacDougall being quite lazy at times but as long as he scored goals nobody cared!!!! Morison is joint top scorer but still gets slated!! he has played poorly yes but he also needs decent service something which at times he has lacked. as for wolves, a mate of mine who went and is a Wolves fan said he was man of the match!!!!

Great that he got the winner today. But stand

by my comments and opinion that he needed to be put on the bench for today as his work rate had been poor the last few games. Appears that a gentle reminder that it''s all about the team and the team ethos at NCFC worked immediately!

Didn''t hear his name mentioned once on the wireless during the first hour of the game, turned out the lazy so and so was sitting down watching some bloomin'' football match just letting the others do all the work on the pitch, I mean talk about lazy, he''s no better than that Argie chappie who went all the way to the match then couldn''t be bothered to play, probably too busy talking to his agent on the mobi, trying to get himself a move ......   It was clear from the wireless that his body language stinks at the moment, I couldn''t help but notice he had his kit on under his other clothes I mean what sort of message does that give out?

Did anybody on this thread consider that the ribbing from the fans against Fulham coupled with a b*llocking from Lambert might''ve helped improve Morison''s performance? Obviously not - all I see is school-yard, tit-for-tat mentalities that one has come to expect from the dubious brainpower of the average football supporter.

Thank God we''re not all the same.

Like I said in a thread I started the other day, theres nothing wrong with constructive criticism!

All I said was Morisons effort and body language in the games against Spurs and Fulham wern''t nowhere near good enough and he should of been dropped for the Fulham game. This was proved cause we were better after he was subbed. Today he deserved to be on the bench but fair play to the bloke he came up with the goods today when he came on!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]As I said earlier, I''ll need to see the highlights before I decide how I feel.  Yes, I suppose I am quite pleased Morison scored a winning goal but I want to see how he celebrated the goal and who with.  If he celebrated too much and made it all about Morison then I have an issue with him.  If he didn''t celebrate enough then I have an issue with him because he doesn''t care.  If he celebrated with his team mates then he''s trying to look like a team player but won''t fool anyone, and if he celebrated on his own it''s because he''s got another £10k on his weekly wage when he moves in January to a bigger club because he''s Charlie Big Potatoes and thinks he''s better than everyone else, which you can usually quite clearly see from his body language.

I also want to watch in freeze frame to see whether I can detect any sweat on the man''s brow as a lazy man can still score goals just by being in the right place at the right time.  For all I know, he turned his back and shrugged his shoulders and the ball deflected off a QPR defender, hit him on the elbow and bounced in.

So he''s not out of the woods yet, and don''t think coming off the bench and scoring a goal is going to wipe the slate clean.  Get me?  [8o|]

[/quote]

Who the hell are you? What an idiot!

Chops...why you absolute cad and all round bounder! you nearly had me there but in fact just made my day. ;0)

SM is my POTS of the season so far BTW

Great posts Chops and Baldy. As for ''BringBackAndyHughes - you heard Lambert tell Morison what you insinuated then did you mate? 10 squid that conversation never took place, or needed to!. Ginger - I think many people, myself included, are fed up reading the harshest posts criticising (to put it mildly) our players for 2(?) not so great performances out of 18 excellent ones - bit premature to start steaming into him don''t you think!? Morison is a human being, not a robot, and any decent supporter will realise that before getting instant hysterical ''sand in the sausage wallet'' with him. As for that brand new Ruddy basher on the other thread... ''USELESS'' ... God give me strength! How can anyone say that is acceptable criticism?!

[quote user="Buckethead"]Didn''t hear his name mentioned once on the wireless during the first hour of the game, turned out the lazy so and so was sitting down watching some bloomin'' football match just letting the others do all the work on the pitch, I mean talk about lazy, he''s no better than that Argie chappie who went all the way to the match then couldn''t be bothered to play, probably too busy talking to his agent on the mobi, trying to get himself a move ......   It was clear from the wireless that his body language stinks at the moment, I couldn''t help but notice he had his kit on under his other clothes I mean what sort of message does that give out?

[/quote]

[Y]

Alex, whilst there are some peculiar posters on here, many many post with tongue firmly in cheek.

We all want our players to do well but message boards are like this.

Morison came on today and I noticed he even smiled at one point. No, honestly he did!!

Envy where you live btw. Have cousin in Christchurch and lived in Salisbury in my early years

For any of you that are feeling a little smug, did you happen to notice that Paul Lambert seemed to agree with those of us suggesting Mr. Morison spend a little time on his bum, before letting him on, beacause it was clear that QPR were giving as good as they got with 10 men in the second half. Well done to the boys. I have to say. In all honesty, the most reassuring thing I was pleased with was not Steve''s goal, but rather the chase back he made along the touchline to steal the ball back when QPR looked poised for a late threat. That''s what I want to see because that determination ongoing by all the players is what will see us achieve what we all want.   

Yes Moro did well and scored today, I for one couldn''t be happier about that.

I criticised him vs Wolves, Spurs and Fulham, Doesn''t mean that I want him to fail.

He is not above criticism, and there''s no reason he should be.

He has put in some very lacklustre performances recently, and just because he did well today doesnt mean that he didn''t have a poor game in the previous few.

Some people on here have very little grasp of reality and don''t seem to understand the concept that just because Moro is a decent player and has put in some great shifts for us, doesn''t mean he shouldnt be criticised when he doesn''t perform to his own standards.

Morrison did well today - no surprise to  me - he has worked hard all season - whatever happened he needed a rest - but came on fresh and scored!

"and body language in the games against Spurs and Fulham wern''t nowhere near good enough"I think this is an area the coaching squad could work a bit better at as this will soon be another of these great stats that are now produced to help us understand who played well. If dressage, figure skating and syncronised swimming can be judged in such way, why not football ?I''m sure a lot of the happy clappies would enjoy this far more than all that boring running off the ball and tight marking stuff that can be all too confusing for these folk. Perhaps we could also bring the game up to date and get rid of that silly result word and replace it with ''an outcome'' - decided at the end by the audience.

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Mister Chops"]As I said earlier, I''ll need to see the highlights before I decide how I feel.  Yes, I suppose I am quite pleased Morison scored a winning goal but I want to see how he celebrated the goal and who with.  If he celebrated too much and made it all about Morison then I have an issue with him.  If he didn''t celebrate enough then I have an issue with him because he doesn''t care.  If he celebrated with his team mates then he''s trying to look like a team player but won''t fool anyone, and if he celebrated on his own it''s because he''s got another £10k on his weekly wage when he moves in January to a bigger club because he''s Charlie Big Potatoes and thinks he''s better than everyone else, which you can usually quite clearly see from his body language.

I also want to watch in freeze frame to see whether I can detect any sweat on the man''s brow as a lazy man can still score goals just by being in the right place at the right time.  For all I know, he turned his back and shrugged his shoulders and the ball deflected off a QPR defender, hit him on the elbow and bounced in.

So he''s not out of the woods yet, and don''t think coming off the bench and scoring a goal is going to wipe the slate clean.  Get me?  [8o|]

[/quote]

Who the hell are you? What an idiot!

[/quote]

You''re the idiot for not picking up on sarcasm.... [:D]

I only have an issue with what to me seems like an overreaction.

Maybe lots of people are being very harsh, but I haven''t seen it myself. Morison doesn''t deserve harsh criticism, but what I saw wasn''t harsh criticism. And unless I missed 90% of the posts on Morison, I don''t think there is enough people being idiotic to warrant a thread moaning about them.... Just ignore them, if there really that stupid they think Morison is rubbish, or wants to leave to a bigger club, just let them get on in their deluded world...