Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wanderer

Simon Lappin & Aarron Wilbraham

Just wondering if Sir Paul gave Lappin & Wilbraham their chance to play a game in the Premier League to thank them for their efforts in helping us get promoted last year - prior to maybe them both leaving in January. He is that sort of manager and wouldn''t you want to play for him if you were thinking of coming to Little Old Norwich - Discuss.

No not at all, I don''t think Lambert is going to put sentiment over points. He has played them because we have needed them and we may need them again this season, no reason to sell.

No, he picked them because he thought they could do the job he wanted them to do & were fresher than the players who have already played a lot of games in a very physically demanding league.Giving players a run out just to say "thanks" would be completely against Lambert''s professional ethics (and most managers, I reckon).

[quote user="Herman "]

How did Lappin play?

[/quote]

He played well, probably see him again on Saturday,

Where the hell do these people get their scripts from

I thought Lappin did ok - put himself about and didn''t shy from tackles - it was shaping up to be a good contest between Lapps and barton. He probably lacked a bit of quality at times if truth be told, but he wasn''t the only one. Certainly not our worst performer today.

Yep, I can see the soft hearted McNally agreeing to a player possibly incurring an increase in wages to ... err, thank themLambert risking losing points ..... to thank a couple of playersThe rest of the team losing a possible win bonus to thank two players who are leavingone saving grace, we appear to have accrued a few more points this season than the OP has brain cells

[quote user="NWC"]I thought Lappin did ok - put himself about and didn''t shy from tackles - it was shaping up to be a good contest between Lapps and barton. He probably lacked a bit of quality at times if truth be told, but he wasn''t the only one. Certainly not our worst performer today.
[/quote]

Cheers for that.Honestly didn''t think he would get a game this season.

i must have been watching the wrong game today as i definitely didn''t see wilbraham, so don''t see how he is included in this suposition.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="NWC"]I thought Lappin did ok - put himself about and didn''t shy from tackles - it was shaping up to be a good contest between Lapps and barton. He probably lacked a bit of quality at times if truth be told, but he wasn''t the only one. Certainly not our worst performer today.
[/quote]

Cheers for that.Honestly didn''t think he would get a game this season.

[/quote]

You were not alone - but given that he impressed the manager sufficiently on joining the club to play more games than anyone else in the climb out of League 1, there always had to be a chance. He works well with Drury and he is probably an inexpensive squad player (He joined us on a high wage I think because his transfer fee was low - less than £100k I think - but Gunn gave him a new contract which would have been on much lower wages). He enjoys his game too.

That said, I''d love to know what Glenn "Lappin knows his future lies elsewhere" Roeder makes of our position now.

Lappin looked solid enough if unspectacular today, and has the versatility to be a very useful squad player as the second half of the season starts to take its toll. Definitely someone I hope will stay in the squad, although I doubt he''ll get many starts at this level.

Wilbraham, I honestly never understood the point of signing. He''s an average League 1 striker at best - a million miles off Premiership quality, and I can''t for the life of me understand why he''s still here, even less so why he''s making the bench... If PL feels the need for extra cover up front, then give one of the academy players a chance on the bench - The experience will do him good even if he doesn''t play.

all of us think at times our middle name should be "Jose" but in truth PL and his team must see things in training that force/prompt him/them to make these decisions. At Bolton away I nearly spat out my poorly prepared pie when I heard RMart was playing at Cback and 90mins later I saw us win our first game away in the top flight since a cold night 17 years before in S.London.

...And today I nearly choked on my neatly folded crepe when I saw SLappin was back in the team...but he did a very good job offering his fellow midfielder''s an option whilst covering Drury when he went forward. THAT my friends is my we shalt sample average "street food" and why PL is the manager of our football team.

Lappins been a good squad player under Lambert, totally commited to the cause and a steady but unspectacular performer!

Wilbraham I agree would be weak at Championship level but hes still better than some academy kid whos nowhere near ready!

[quote user="spencer 1970"]all of us think at times our middle name should be "Jose" but in truth PL and his team must see things in training that force/prompt him/them to make these decisions. At Bolton away I nearly spat out my poorly prepared pie when I heard RMart was playing at Cback and 90mins later I saw us win our first game away in the top flight since a cold night 17 years before in S.London.

...And today I nearly choked on my neatly folded crepe when I saw SLappin was back in the team...but he did a very good job offering his fellow midfielder''s an option whilst covering Drury when he went forward. THAT my friends is my we shalt sample average "street food" and why PL is the manager of our football team.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Canary Wanderer"]Just wondering if Sir Paul gave Lappin & Wilbraham their chance to play a game in the Premier League to thank them for their efforts in helping us get promoted last year - prior to maybe them both leaving in January. He is that sort of manager and wouldn''t you want to play for him if you were thinking of coming to Little Old Norwich - Discuss.[/quote]

Yeah, great idea! Field both of ''em against Chelsea and Man Utd just by way of saying thanks http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-40.gifThere are times I wonder why I bother reading and contributing to this forum.

Its called man management. 

The message is seen to go out to ALL the players in the squad that they are trusted and valuable members of that squad and will have a role to play in the course of the season. 

This gives increased sense of self-worth to the members of the squad that don''t play regularly - and allows them to buy into the fantastic togetherness of the squad - which again is down to the man management skills of our beloved leader. 

Long may we continue to have such good management.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]Wilbraham, I honestly never understood the point of signing. He''s an average League 1 striker at best - a million miles off Premiership quality, and I can''t for the life of me understand why he''s still here, even less so why he''s making the bench... If PL feels the need for extra cover up front, then give one of the academy players a chance on the bench - The experience will do him good even if he doesn''t play.[/quote]Same opinion here, I''d rather see Chrissy Martin given a runout and a chance to see what he can do. With Jackson, Chris Martin, Holt and Morrison here there''s just no place for passengers.

Watching MOTD and was happy to see Lappin not putting up with Barton''s nonsense[Y]

Chris Martins not good enough for the Premiership which was proved in his few fleeting performances earlier this season!

Wilbraham isn''t either but I think he offers more than Chris Martin caue hes stronger in the air and can hold the ball up better!

"

all of us think at times our middle name should be "Jose"Only if we have a constant need to preen and pout, to prance about like a petulant nine year old girl

Lappin had a decent game, retained possession for the team and was solid but not spectacular. Really pleased for him that he got a start.

If Sir Paul deems them good enough for the squad over others I deem them good enough for the squad over others.

Lambert''s record speaks for itself and who am I to doubt him?