Sign in to follow this  
Jarrold Lad

Jarrold Stand no noise ......

Could we please have some more noise when we play Chelsea at home on the

21st please? I find it disgusting when I am singing OTBC to be told to shut up

or to sit down. It would be good to see some passion from my fellow people who

sit in the Jarrold. If not I will go and sit in the Barclay End. Rant over.

FFS.

Who would tell you to shut up? You must be making that up. And yes you should sit down, its the rules. I would love to be able to stand up, but its policy to sit down, so until (if ever) standing is allowed (or just happens like away fans do), you should do as your told, when you buy your tickets, you are agreeing to the club rules.

And also, you can''t tell people they have to sing, you can''t say they don''t have any passion. People show passion in different ways. These posts annoy me a lot more than people not making noise in the Jarrold.

If you are that ugly simpleton who keeps getting up and singing the wrong words then I don''t blame people. There''s far too many ugly folk going to football nowadays and far too many who don''t know it is the South Stand, just as it is Carrow Road.

[quote user="City1st"]If you are that ugly simpleton who keeps getting up and singing the wrong words then I don''t blame people. There''s far too many ugly folk going to football nowadays and far too many who don''t know it is the South Stand, just as it is Carrow Road.[/quote]Funny enough I am not. Infact I am qualified up to university level.

Double Edged sword there mate, you complain that people arn''t singing them and are asking them to sing, then moan when they don''t sing and ask you to stop.

Unfortunatly while you have your right to sing & chant, they have theirs to sit and watch the game silently or have a 90 minute kip if they so choose.

Thats why I sit in the Barclay

Thats true I guess. I had to sit in the upper Barclay for the Swansea game but the atmosphere from below was unreal. I will be trying to get seats in the lower Barclay from now on but the Jarrold has the best view in my opinion.

For the record though, I really don''t see the point in going to games to sit their silently for 90 mins.

Not my idea of fun

[quote user="Gingerpele"]FFS.

Who would tell you to shut up? You must be making that up[/quote]I''ve been told to shut up in the Barclay, and at an away game!

"Infact I am qualified up to university level"I am not sure how that relates to whether you are ugly or not, but who am I to question someone ''qualified up to university level'', whatever that is.

I have to agree the lack of noise is disappointing because as Lambert and the players have said many times- the noise makes a difference. He said we were flat against Fulham first half and that affects the player.

So

More Noise=Better performances

So therefore the more that sing make noise the better. But I''ve been told to be quiet when unfortunately I had to sit the Barclay and was dragged into my seat whilst I was on my feet as we attacked against Stoke after the penalty save. I must say I turned around and blew my lid- probably over reacted but it''s a football ground. Fortunately that was only for one game and I usually sit in the Barclay. But if people want to sit in silence, sit in the N&P.

But Jarrold Lad- just sit in the Barclay next season it''s cheaper season ticket anyway and the atmosphere is much better.

[quote user="Jarrold Lad "]Im not going to argue with a idiot. Be quiet your boring me now.[/quote]Is grammar taught at University now? Sorry, had to log in for that.

Funny enough I am not. Infact I am qualified up to university level.

Best quote of the year so far!!! ''Funny'' should surely read ''Funnily''?

What University did you qualify from? The University of DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

LMAO

I have sat all over the ground as a super member buying tickets.   Sitting in the Jarold is a great view, but very open so the sound can''t build so easily.    For me the best atomosphere for noise is in the city stand next to the snakepit where the low roof holds in the sound.  Best view and atomosphere - brilliant.  

Apparently neither punctuation nor grammar are required up to university level any more but that''s another story.

In M Block there is some singing and chanting though sporadically so. I have never seen anyone object. I have seen plenty of objections when people stand but since I paid to watch the game and not your behind, I fail to see any problem with that.

Can we finally remove one myth. It is said that there is no noise in the Jarrold. Rubbish!! What people may mean is that there is little or no singing which has some truth. But since when does noise mean singing?   There is a huge amount of noise in the Jarrold; cheering, shouting and booing the ref and the opposition.   A lot does get lost in the roof perhaps but the Jarrold is rarely quiet. 

Oranges are not the only fruit and singing is not the only noise.

You wil find most of the Jarrold supporters are of the more mature persuasion and unlikely to indulge in what is likely to be considered moronic chanting.  As a twenty something I was quite happy to indulge in such chanting, however now 30 years later such would be unthinkable.

However I try to get tickets in the Jarrold was too late for Fulham game had to go into the Community Stand lower level full of geriatrics who although more mature than myself sang OTBC with great gusto, it was quite unsettling.  The view was terrible hope to get back to row CC Block H in Jarrold for some peace and quiet and can sleep if I want. 

In the Jarrold stand there are the K blockers and another group near the back and towards the Community stand who sing.

By their normal standard, the Barclay sounded quiet up to the first goal v Newcastle and during the first half v Fulham.  I dont know if its the cold having an effect or what........ 

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"][quote user="Jarrold Lad "]Im not going to argue with a idiot. Be quiet your boring me now.[/quote]Is grammar taught at University now? Sorry, had to log in for that.[/quote]

No it isn''t.... Otherwise I might be able to use it correctly :P

One thing I will say, is that in my area (N) about 70% of the people around me are probably 60+ (And then 25% 40+), not that that should really make a difference, its the old school fans who know all the real songs.... (I remember my first away game, Ipswich away, Makay put us ahead but they equalised, Notman got injured in that game, when he charged down a free-kick, he also got booked for doing it twice.... Never recoverd from that did he... But that game, there was constant singing, and origional singing, proper chants, it was wonderful)

I sit in the Jarrolds block O and i do find a lot of the people near me just want to watch the game rather than sing all game. There is a few in the area where i sit who sing OTBC and other chants me included but it will never be like the Snakepit or Barclay as the majority of people sit in them stands to sing and give out banter.just my opinionnewbie rob