Sign in to follow this  
Loopzilla

Ayala...

Looks class, we could have a real player on our hands judging from what I saw today, very composed and confident on the ball. Don''t forget this is a young lad just back from injury with very little gametime with hid new club behind him. Very impressed so far! :)

Thought him and Zak played well today. Ayala looked composed and confident - Zak seemed to get his head on everything. Looks like it could be a good partnership.

Apologies for starting another thread on Ayala, I''ve only just found the other thread! Glad to see I''m not alone in my views though.

Was very impressed with him on Saturday and he put in another good performance today! If he can be this consistent then he will a top player for us!

See Pacheco''s tweet - does he have a reputation for bookings?

Daniel Pacheco

Amazing result for Norwich !!!! Ayala played ( he got a yellow card, as usual haha ). So happy for both things !!

[quote user="shefcanary"]

See Pacheco''s tweet - does he have a reputation for bookings?

Daniel Pacheco

Amazing result for Norwich !!!! Ayala played ( he got a yellow card, as usual haha ). So happy for both things !!

[/quote]

We really made an impression on Pacheco didn''t we. Great to see he follows us so closely still.

Wouldn''t be entirely surprised to see Pacheco back in the summer - he''s currently been loaned by Liverpool to Atletico Madrid, who have in turn loaned him out again (didn''t know that was even possible!) to Rayo Vallecano... but he''s only made a handful of appearances for them.

Hard to imagine he''d turn us down if Lambert were to come knocking...He clearly still cares about the club and his friendship with Ayala won''t hurt either.

agreed. I thought DA was potential MOM today but can we judge him on 2 games when both times the opposition has played 1 up front?

just a thought.

[quote user="NWC"]Thought him and Zak played well today. Ayala looked composed and confident - Zak seemed to get his head on everything. Looks like it could be a good partnership.[/quote]

Zak had a great game, as you say got his head to everything, and from where I was sitting, behind the goal at the other end, put in a header to deflect a shot that was heading for a goal in the second half.

Looks a very solid defender indeed and has done remarkably well since coming back from a scrotum injury.

Was Ayala not criticised by a large number of people on here after the MK Dons game? I thought Barnett/Whitbread/Martin were all supposed to be better centre backs than Ayala?

[quote user="Truth-Seeker"]Was Ayala not criticised by a large number of people on here after the MK Dons game? I thought Barnett/Whitbread/Martin were all supposed to be better centre backs than Ayala?
[/quote]

A lot of people were critical of him, mainly due to that shocking pass that led to a goal, though he was the only NCFC player to make a tackle during that game and that got him injured!! Presumably you were on here defending his honour, pleading for time and saying that you recognised his potential?

In fairness I''ve been massively impressed by him, very composed and plays with his head up. Lambert continues to pull rabbits from hats in terms of team selection, Ayala and Lappin being two cases in the last couple of games, long may he continue to do so.

The last time we bought a centre back from relative obscurity at Liverpool, it was Dave Watson.

If Ayala can be as good as he was for us, well...

Maybe said local publication have not been given permission by the Godfather to bless Ayala with a high

rating yet? Could it be that the Godfather and his henchmen need to deem Ayala deserving of their praise first?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

The last time we bought a centre back from relative obscurity at Liverpool, it was Dave Watson.

If Ayala can be as good as he was for us, well...

[/quote]

I''m with you on that one! Ayala looks very classy and was particularly impressive at QPR. He''s got decent pace, a good touch and is very cool. It''s very early days but he could well develop into something special and seems to fit the City mould of footballing centre backs exemplified by Zak Whitbread.

Having a little knowledge of  him from his Liverpool days, he always looked a decent prospect for the future.   One of his earliest outings for the first team was in a European game vs Fiorentina when Liverpool fielded almost a youth team and he coped admirably with the pace of the game.

I think (and hope) that time may show Ayala to be a very sound investment...

[quote user="Plastic Scouser"]

Having a little knowledge of  him from his Liverpool days, he always looked a decent prospect for the future.   One of his earliest outings for the first team was in a European game vs Fiorentina when Liverpool fielded almost a youth team and he coped admirably with the pace of the game.

I think (and hope) that time may show Ayala to be a very sound investment...

[/quote]A Liverpool fan I know says he''ll be a great signing...and based on saturday''s performance...I think it''s true. Composed defending, good passing and understanding with Whitbread.

Lambert and his team get very little wrong. This lad is the only one i can ever remember at Norwich being given a 4 year deal so they are confident he has massive potential