Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Coker and Bennett the Younger?

According to Dodgy Rumours.[:)]

Norwich City are set to sign promising Colchester United left back Ben Coker for £350k.

Doncaster Rovers highly  rated midfielder/striker Kyle Bennett is going to spend next week training with Norwich City.Rovers are looking for around £400,000, a move which would see Bury pocket 25% of the fee as part of a sell on clause.

(Believable rumours are in short supply this month so I thougt I''d help out! [;)])

[C] 

OTBC

Elliott Bennett said the Kyle Bennett rumour wasn''t true on Twitter yesterday.

I also heard a rumour than Kris Commons might be coming from Celtic - but find that hard to believe. Commons is likely to leave Celtic this January but can''t see there being a need for him at Norwich currently.

Coker wouldn''t be a bad move... Although it''s not the no.1 priority right now, we do need another left back in the squad, both as backup and looking to next season/the future. Tierney is obviously playing as well as any LB in the country at the moment and I can''t see anyone dislodging him from the starting XI; but Drury, while he''s fine coming in for the odd game here and there, clearly isn''t up to playing week in, week out if Tierney were to suffer a long term injury. Plus Drury will surely retire when his contract ends in the summer, so we''ll need a replacement then anyhow...

Drury good for one or two games? Retire in the summer at what, 33?

He may be let go but he can still do a job at champs level. Maybe he will go to back to Petetborough for a season. Maybe he would go to Colchester as part of a makeweight.

Either way I could see him playing on for another two to three seasons. He is fit enough and rquitted himself well enough against spurs.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"] Plus Drury will surely retire when his contract ends in the summer, so we''ll need a replacement then anyhow...[/quote]It''s a bit early to retire if you ask me