Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Chris Martin

and the Palace fans are less than overjoyed......

Really can''t see a future for Chrissy Martin at Norwich

He has scored 1 great goal but also seems to be finding it hard to get a game for them, often being on the bench. This does give concern to his long term future. He was good in league 1 but made a modest impact with us in the championship. He has gone on loan to try and force his way back into our team or put himself in the shop window. At the moment he is not doing either. He needs games and performances whether that is on loan at palace or somewhere else

Judging by this thread they''ve been playing him as a midfielder not a striker. I reckon if they stick him up top he''ll be good for them.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227256&page=12

I thought it was odd how Chris Martin went through a spell of starting games but then got dropped and not even making the bench in most games with Wilbraham the preffered option; Martin wasn''t injured as he was still playing reserve games. I hope he still has a future with us, he is a gifted footballer but with a troubled past; hopefully he is over this now though and proves why he was so highly rated as a youngster. I do feel though that above League 1, his style of play is more suited to an advanced, attacking midfield role as opposed to a striker. Does anyone know which positon Martin has been playing at Palace? As I wonder if that''s the reason behind his loan move - to get more experience in that position. If not, it just seems slightly odd that he was loaned out in the first place, with Wilbraham on the bench; no disrespect to Wilbraham but I believe Martin could make more of an impact if needed.

I presume that the extra month is the final period. By the end of the month we may have signed a striker, or not, and Vaughan may be nearly back, or not. PL will be in position to know whether we need CM back at the ranch.

Be interesting to see what happens to Chris Martin. I''ve always considered him to be a good player but have also always doubted his ability to score goals regularly or make some kind of consistent impact at a high level.

He''s got some nice touches but it''s hard to see him doing the business in the Premier League, particularly when he hasn''t really done it in the Championship.

Argh, Chrissy M is so frustrating. I really think he still has a lot to offer. I hope his loan spell works for him as well as his last loan spell did. I guess others have given up on him, i haven''t. Yet.

Everytime i''ve seen Palace play on telly this year they look like they''d be better with forwards who harry and chase everything, C.Martin has his strengths but thats not what he''s good at.

I''m not sure what to make of the loan extension, what happens after the loan is finished for him, also it must suggest that Lambert is not planning on selling him in the transfer window, so does he get into the 25 man squad here still?

To anyone still deluding themselves Chris Martin is not going to do anythign else with us cause he isn''t good enough. If he was good enough for us he''d of done more for Palace!

Done great for us in League 1 and was a useful squad player last season but he is ordinary Championship player at best!

[quote user="Salopian"]I presume that the extra month is the final period. By the end of the month we may have signed a striker, or not, and Vaughan may be nearly back, or not. PL will be in position to know whether we need CM back at the ranch.[/quote]......or not

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

To anyone still deluding themselves Chris Martin is not going to do anythign else with us cause he isn''t good enough. If he was good enough for us he''d of done more for Palace!

Done great for us in League 1 and was a useful squad player last season but he is ordinary Championship player at best!

[/quote]

I might have to concede defeat on CM[:''(]

(But not yet!)

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

[/quote]he may not of done much at palace because he hasnt had much game time?! just coming on as a sub majority of the time.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]I love him to prove me wrong and comeback to us and make a massive impact at 1st team level but thats very unlikely to happen![/quote]

I actually think he''s a decent player, although cant see how he''s going to get in our side this season. But it looks like he''s staying with us until the summer which suggests Lambert still see''s a future for him, otherwise why not try and shift him in an over-inflated Jan transfer market?

One of the biggest casualties of our success. Never rated Chris Martin too highly in all honesty. No pace at all, but to be fair to him he can strike a ball, which is about all he has.

Rather than loan him out again I''d have been tempted to punt him around the Championship with a 500k-750k price tag to see what happened. If we remain a Premier League club at the end of the season I feel certain he will be sold.