Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Barton denies it all - twas not me guv!

[quote user="ron obvious"]....sorry, should have added a big Thank You to Beau. Cheered up a wet Thursday no end![/quote]

No problem mate. I love The Mash, but that was an absolute gem!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

This is brilliant!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/barton-denies-existence-of-fa-201201054731/

[/quote]

Thanks, Beau. Apropos QPR fans and Barton and their (very Nitzschean) sturm und drang over the supposedly spineless FA, they seem to have quietly forgotten that they are only in the Premier League because of the FA''s lack of backbone when adjudicating on the Faurlin Affair.

WTF has Lampards tackle got to do with the Barton incident? Colin may have a point on that one but that''s no excuse or defence for Barton. I think he''s lost it!!

His comments on Johnsosn were verging on slanderous. Last week it was RVP and the new victim today is Grant Holt. The man is an embarrassment and a liar and it''s about time the FA pulled him up on his comments. Why is it unacceptable for a manager to criticise officials, yet they can make up lies about players and get away with it?

The entertainment value of Mr Warnock is wearing a bit thin.  His innacurate assessments of players, officials, situations - are so off the mark - you wonder how long he will stay on as manager at QPR.    I started off this week laughing  at his antics but its beyond a joke now - he can''t stop self-incriminating himself with untruths and fabrications - and he says it all in such a believable way, hoping people don''t see through him.  

I wonder how long they''ll put up with him at QPR now after the latest series off gaffs?

Dermot Gallagher said on Sky Sports News that the red card was right. He said the way the officials handled it, by not flagging immediately and allowing play to continue for a few seconds, was incorrect, but he agreed with the red card. The man is clueless.

And I put a lot more stock in Gallagher''s opinion that Graham "3 yellows" Poll.

We each have our own individual ‘goodwill accounts’ with others; in the cases of Neil Warnock and Joey Barton they are both seriously overdrawn. They take out of the game far more than they ever put in – they simply have nothing of any real substance left to draw upon.

It’s little wonder people prefer to think so poorly of them! (or ‘guilty until proven innocent’ if you like!)…

[quote user="lake district canary"]

The entertainment value of Mr Warnock is wearing a bit thin.  His innacurate assessments of players, officials, situations - are so off the mark - you wonder how long he will stay on as manager at QPR.    I started off this week laughing  at his antics but its beyond a joke now - he can''t stop self-incriminating himself with untruths and fabrications - and he says it all in such a believable way, hoping people don''t see through him.  

I wonder how long they''ll put up with him at QPR now after the latest series off gaffs?

[/quote]

The time has long since passed that anyone of any standing in the game takes what Colin says seriously, LDC. Sure, the media love to wind him up, because they know they''ll get a reaction from him, and it will be quotable, and that sort of thing sells newspapers etc. Much the same applies to Mr Barton. But, anyon with any nous knows that he''s something of a buffoon who, before long, gets found out at whatever club he''s managing at the time. As you say, anyone can spout garbage, but in a believable way for so long, but eventually they get rumbled . There was a bit of that about Glenn Roeder, of course.

Like you, I doubt if he''ll be at Loftus Rd for much longer.

[quote user="Mike Hunt"]The man is an arse, and he knows it! Barton is an even bigger prat.[/quote]

Give him some more rope, he''s treading on thin Ice, the FA won''t take to kindly to that 

But, for all his snideness and foolishnesss, the problem with Warnock is that he hits upon some essential truths. He is right about the dog''s breakfast of a process between the referee and the linesman, he is right that Barton (or indeed Holt) would have a red card had they done what Lampard had done and he right that referees are inconsistent and that the appeals process is a farce. True, we had reds for Holt and the Doc overturned but equally bad ones against Russell and Dion were upheld.

It is easy but dangerous to dismiss Colin as a complete idiot. An idiot savant perhaps!!

Loved the way he entered the press conference joking about the Darts and cards and what they said.  He even said he took the photo of Bradders and his bad breath one!  Definitely shows his opinion of it all - team letting off steam.  ILWT!