Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Barton denies it all - twas not me guv!

[quote user="cityangel"]Shame that everyone is talking about Barton, his twitter account and Warnock when the most important thing about yesterday which we should be talking about is a great away win and 3 massive points.[/quote]Might be a good thing though (certainly in terms of the media) as it keeps us firmly under the radar when it comes to our results and our position in the league.  Whilst the spotlight is firmly on a crumbling QPR and their increasingly barmy manager.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]At no point has Barton said he is going to sue anyone, I know a lot of people don''t like him but fans exaggerating things like this is exactly why footballers get bad reputations (further to their actions on the pitch).
[/quote]

Who is exaggerating it?

of course, headbutt apart, If Joey Barton wasnt an agressive thug he wouldnt have advanced on Johnson.Had he of walked away he''d have stayed on the pitch... Warnock should concentrate on the fact he is losing every week to teams better than his... not because the world and his wife hates him.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]At no point has Barton said he is going to sue anyone, I know a lot of people don''t like him but fans exaggerating things like this is exactly why footballers get bad reputations (further to their actions on the pitch).[/quote]He tweeted suggesting he maybe the first one to sue. Anyone with sense realises he talks sh!te, that''s how his reputation is evolving.  He''s doing it all himself.  MOTD & Talksport (both I know of ) have asked him to explain it all outside of ''twitterworld'' and guess what, nothing.  He''s just hot air, bluster and contradiction.

there was a qpr fan on 606 who made an interesting point... saying that for the last month all warnock has been on about is how he can''t wait for january so he can sort things out and all that does is demoralise the players that he''s got... i tend to agree [:D]

I saw someone on Twitter earlier make a great point about Barton. If anyone remembers, Barton appeared on Sky''s Goals on Sunday programme the day after the Klasnic-Tierney incident at Bolton. Barton''s view was that Tierney was right to go down as he''d be "letting his teammates down otherwise". Maybe he was covering himself so soon after his incident with Gervinho, but it''s strange that he seems to have changed his views so much since then (considering Johnson didn''t even go down). [:D]

Just goes to show that Warnock and Bartons words over the weekend have done one thing, to show them up as complete knobs.

For me Lambert and Johnson have come up smelling of roses, Lambert by not being concerned by any of it and keeping well out of it, and Johnson''s reactions, first during the game by not going down or trying to ''con'' anyone, and secondly with the picture at the Darts.

That was classic as Barton has been coming out all high and mighty and self righteous on Twitter and Warnock with the pathetic, whiney sore loser comments, not too mention borderling slander on Johnson. The picture just says give it a rest you couple of proper knobbers.

Lambert and Johnson just made them two look like two plonkers, which they were already doing a good job of themselves on Twitter and Sky Sports interviews etc.

Lambert said nowt. Johnson said nowt. Then the picture. Just the perfect way to play those two fools.

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="ncfcstar"]At no point has Barton said he is going to sue anyone, I know a lot of people don''t like him but fans exaggerating things like this is exactly why footballers get bad reputations (further to their actions on the pitch).
[/quote]

He tweeted suggesting he maybe the first one to sue. Anyone with sense realises he talks sh!te, that''s how his reputation is evolving.  He''s doing it all himself.  MOTD & Talksport (both I know of ) have asked him to explain it all outside of ''twitterworld'' and guess what, nothing.  He''s just hot air, bluster and contradiction.
[/quote]

I''m sure his first name should be DICK, he''s acting like one, He has only himself to blame for this, he has built this hard man reputation and everyone knows how easy it is to wind him up, and he bites every time Not saying Johnson did this but footage clearly shows the conflict to all what happened, Dicks appeal will probably go from 3 to 4 match ban for the arm shuvving shoulder bardge and the head does without any doubt move in the direction of Johnson''s nose, had he not moved back like he did he may well not have been playing the rest of the match but having stitches put in.

BARTON IS A THUGG

Tired of all the Johnson bashing and the continued Neil Warnock and Joey Barton claims, we''ve explored just how credible they really are.

The answer? Not very!

http://www.ontheballcity.com/look-a-little-closer-to-home-neil/

Barton hasn''t got a leg to stand on with his past and Warnock is fine when he''s pointing the finger, though when he''s in the wrong everything is all fine! And Oliver Holt, please, our SP is a better journalist than you will ever be!

OTBC!!!

dunno if this has been mentioned before but he said on Sky yesterday that the assistant DID see barton headbutt Bradders BUt made a mistake by just screaming in the refs ear to STOP PLAY instead of putting the flag up as per instruction. So hopefully Barton and Colin will eat a large piece of humble pie laced with arsenic and stop trying to accuse Bradders of cheating!!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]dunno if this has been mentioned before but he said on Sky yesterday that the assistant DID see barton headbutt Bradders BUt made a mistake by just screaming in the refs ear to STOP PLAY instead of putting the flag up as per instruction. So hopefully Barton and Colin will eat a large piece of humble pie laced with arsenic and stop trying to accuse Bradders of cheating!!!!
[/quote]

Thats interesting as I wondered why he didn''t flag, who said that?

Dermot Gallagher, he is now a ref assessor in the Prem. he said the decision was 100% correct as the intent was there regardless whether he connected or not.

Seems we are all wrong. MoTD, Graham Poll, Robbie Savage all say the Red Card was unacceptable.

None of the pundits saw Bradley not fall to the ground, none of them saw Barton''s head move towards Bradley''s.

I''m afraid we''re on our own with this one, next thing Colin will be trying to get the points taken off us!

MOTD has crap pundits on, Poll is a constant headline seeker, and savage, well he is just an idiot, who cares what they think anyway? fact is in the eyes of the authorities as I quoted Mr Gallagher, he got it 100% right, and if that is the way the appeals panel feel then his appeal could well end up ADDING to the ban!! Now that would be sweet!!!

Baldyboy is spot on for me. Barton''s head moves toward Johnson who at the same time moves his away. I also heard what Gallagher said. FA may take a dim view of twitter as well. At the end of the day QPR are far too tinpot to have the FA in their pockets like the big boys do. I''ll be amazed if the appeal is successful.

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]Seems we are all wrong. MoTD, Graham Poll, Robbie Savage all say the Red Card was unacceptable. None of the pundits saw Bradley not fall to the ground, none of them saw Barton''s head move towards Bradley''s. I''m afraid we''re on our own with this one, next thing Colin will be trying to get the points taken off us![/quote]

Well, I blame John Ruddy myself...[;)][:D][;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]Seems we are all wrong. MoTD, Graham Poll, Robbie Savage all say the Red Card was unacceptable. None of the pundits saw Bradley not fall to the ground, none of them saw Barton''s head move towards Bradley''s. I''m afraid we''re on our own with this one, next thing Colin will be trying to get the points taken off us![/quote]

Well, I blame John Ruddy myself...[;)][:D][;)]

[/quote]

[;)]

Well I blame Grant Holt. If he hadn''t continually upset QPR last season none of this would have happened. But at least we now know Holty isn''t good enough to make the step up and upset him in the Prem!

While Johnson''s stunt at the darts wasn''t the brightest (albeit understandable and amusing), the fact is that the more this rumbles on, the more likely it is that Barton/Warnock/QPR will digger bigger holes and face greater punishment. Our club and manager have kept a dignified silence which does them great credit, while the pantomime act that is Colin continues to witter on in defence of his scumbag of a captain. The FA don''t take kindly to being told what to do and, coming hot on the heels of Colin''s inference that Van Persie is handy with his elbows (another game they were mugged in, presumably) this could well lead to some heavy punishment.

Having seen the highlights again, our SP has got it spot on in his article. So has Dermot Gallagher. The heads touch, the contact is minimal but the intent is there and Barton was rightfully sent off. Barton and Warnock do not have a leg to stand on! Now, I don''t believe we should worry about QPR anymore. Their manager has no respect for anyone but himself, Barton is one of the most horrible footballers around - why give them the time of day?