Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Barton denies it all - twas not me guv!

"If you raise your hands to players faces, you should be off. Ref got it right.."

And who said this? Joey Barton of course after he''d got Gervinho sent off in the first game of the season.

Just swap the words "push your head in someone''s face" for "raise your hands to players faces" and you''ve got today''s incident.

Guilty as charged Mr. Barton - take him down.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

The funny thing is that everyone from press to QPR fans will say that the decision cost them but us City fans know that we would have won the game even if the card hadn''t appeared.

QPR haven''t won at home for two months and we''ve come very close to winning our last two away matches.

When you consider that we beat them at Carrow Road this season and last and that we could have turned a draw into a victory if Wes hadn''t missed his penalty at Loftus Road last time round a win for Norwich was always likely red cards or not.

[/quote]

Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.
[/quote]

We were better than them before they scored and I''ve little doubt we would have beaten them (yet again) without the red card. 

We are 9th in the Prem they are one place above relegation ... a City victory was always likely.

[/quote]

Your joking me arnt you?

Your not actually telling me that, we should beat them purley because we are above them in the league?

[/quote]

No.

We were likely to beat them because we are better than them (as the league table before and after the match shows).

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

The funny thing is that everyone from press to QPR fans will say that the decision cost them but us City fans know that we would have won the game even if the card hadn''t appeared.

QPR haven''t won at home for two months and we''ve come very close to winning our last two away matches.

When you consider that we beat them at Carrow Road this season and last and that we could have turned a draw into a victory if Wes hadn''t missed his penalty at Loftus Road last time round a win for Norwich was always likely red cards or not.

[/quote]Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.[/quote]

We were better than them before they scored and I''ve little doubt we would have beaten them (yet again) without the red card. 

We are 9th in the Prem they are one place above relegation ... a City victory was always likely.

[/quote]Your joking me arnt you?Your not actually telling me that, we should beat them purley because we are above them in the league?

[/quote]

No.

We were likely to beat them because we are better than them (as the league table before and after the match shows).

[/quote]You should start betting

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.[/quote]

[/quote]Your joking me arnt you?Your not actually telling me that, we should beat them purley because we are above them in the league?

[/quote]

No.

[/quote]You should start betting

Aparently Gorehams 1st reaction to the incident was Barton tryed to headbut Johnson - and 1st reactions are normally the right ones!

Bartons beena 1st class t*at for years now and his stupidity cost QPR bigtime today although whether they''d of won with him is debatable!

This did make me laugh when you wrote "just swap the words."

"How do you plead?"

"innocent"

"Just swap the words and we''ve got a guilty plea."

Haven''t seen the incident in detail yet so will reserve judgement until I see it again. My initial reaction was that he pushed his head into Johnson''s face.

Watch this from 1:18 - how long after Barton was slapped did he fall down like being hit by a sniper?

I spoke to a couple of QPR fans outside South Africa Rd stand and they were pretty pissed off with the Muppet as they reckon he had spat at Johnson...

I thought Stoke would win the award for filthiest team of the year but QPR topped them today - they were closer to Greco-Roman wrestlers than footballers at times!

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="dhickl"]

Watch this from 1:18 - how long after Barton was slapped did he fall down like being hit by a sniper?

[/quote]

Would help if I put in the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KniNzbCiJkk

[/quote]

can we put that link on his twitter account??? I dont have one

Barton is a convicted criminal, racist, homophobic, regularly violent both on and off the field. It''s clear that he hasn''t ''reformed'' or ''grown up'' and lacks the capacity to ever do so. With a rap sheet as long as his, he deserves a life ban from professional football, let alone a sending off.

No question today he deserved that red card - if you make an aggressive move towards another player off the ball, you''re asking to get sent off. Simple as.

At the end of the day, he should have been booked about 5 minutes before anyway. At the very least, it was worthy of a second yellow, so a red is just what he deserved.

Either way, I couldn''t care less. A nasty, spiteful little man who has got his just desserts. Couldn''t happen to a nicer bloke - despite this fake ''intelligent'' persona he''s attempting...

[quote user="smiley"]http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-01-02-video-qpr-vs-norwich-city-highlights-premiership/3 I must admit Johnson probably over reacted but by doing so alerted the ref that something had happened which meant he had to talk to the lines man. Cheating or not? The look on warnocks face was worth it though[/quote]

Looks like he went to head butt him, can''t tell if he made contact, and I think Johnson hardly reacted.

Good link - I was at the game but as we were behind the goal I hardly saw it live.

Great goal from Pilks, and it was such a relief when Morison put the second away after all the pressure we''d had.

How does Warnock get away with those sorts of comments?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Well, Johnson made less of it than Barton himself when Gervinho was sent off, so what goes around comes around.  A thug with a Twitter account is still a thug.

[/quote]

Exactly. Perhaps there is someone up there after all.

Barton could just as easily have been sent off for smacking Zak in the face, the second blow which missed Zak and caught BJ as the head incident. We know it was Barton, we know it was in the centre circle, all that was left to guess is: Was it the head, the elbow or the hand?

So, a few of the lads have stayed in London and are having a night out at the Darts...

https://twitter.com/dtanti7/status/153959740769173506

Ill adived? Possibly.

Hilarious? Definitely.

I was in the QPR stand and saw the incident which was a headbutt.  It was a clear sending off offence and the only thing that puzzled me was how long it took the ref to decide to send Barton off as he was facing the incident when it happened.