Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Barton denies it all - twas not me guv!

The BBC seem to be QPR fans as well..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/16331299.stm

Not sure it was a red would like to see a better angle for it. But I have no time for Barton so couldn''t give a toss. He will have plenty of time on his hands to tweet over the next 3 matches now.

Contrast what he says today with what he said after the incident with Gervinho when he was playing for Newcastle at the beginning of the season. Laughable!!

QPR''s Joey Barton on Twitter: "Well feel for the officials, they''ve been conned. Admitted to me at HT they never saw it. I was pulled back 1st, then kicked 2nd!"

What a lot of bollocks, he and Johnson tried to slow each other down, Barton reacted and pushed his forehead into Johnson''s face - not strictly a full powered Glasgae kiss, but the intent was there.  He is an intelligent guy, but his neural wires are obviously screwed somewhere?

Take it like a man - don''t use Twitter as your defence!!!

Joseph Barton

Hopefully referee sees it retrospectively and sees he''s been conned. Its no consolation for us right now but at least its something......

[quote user="shefcanary"]

QPR''s Joey Barton on Twitter: "Well feel for the officials, they''ve been conned. Admitted to me at HT they never saw it. I was pulled back 1st, then kicked 2nd!"

What a lot of bollocks, he and Johnson tried to slow each other down, Barton reacted and pushed his forehead into Johnson''s face - not strictly a full powered Glasgae kiss, but the intent was there.  He is an intelligent guy, but his neural wires are obviously screwed somewhere?

[/quote]

As if all the officials admitted they hadn''t seen it! Clearly the linesman did even if the ref missed it.

Spot on Sheff ........ he knew exactly what he was doing. He just thought he could take it that far and get away withit.As to the guff about what the officials said I would take that we a HUGE pinch of salt. Officials are highly unlikely to comment in that way. More so, given that Colin has stated that Barton was sent off for a headbutt - as seen by the linesman.As to what the ref actually saw, the live stream showed the refereee facing directly in their direction

"who said cheats never prosper""Barton wouldn''t have gone down if it was the other way round and that''s the difference" - AHEM Gervinho...

I''ve got an idea. As the majority of us will have seen this though a grainy internet feed or at the ground some sixty yards away from the incident why don''t we wait until we get a decent view on MOTD before we pass judgement?

The funny thing is that everyone from press to QPR fans will say that the decision cost them but us City fans know that we would have won the game even if the card hadn''t appeared.

QPR haven''t won at home for two months and we''ve come very close to winning our last two away matches.

When you consider that we beat them at Carrow Road this season and last and that we could have turned a draw into a victory if Wes hadn''t missed his penalty at Loftus Road last time round a win for Norwich was always likely red cards or not.

I quite like this guy Andrew Pinnington on twitter, who said:

"Joey barton: remember gervinho? let''s say sympathy for you will be minimal. "

Another QPR fan was also complaining that Joey was only sent off because of his reputation. Well, that''ll teach you to buy players with a reputation for picking up red cards then. In much the same way we struggle to get freekicks for fouls on Holt because of his reputation. It always comes back to bite you in the end.

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-01-02-video-qpr-vs-norwich-city-highlights-premiership/3

I must admit Johnson probably over reacted but by doing so alerted the ref that something had happened which meant he had to talk to the lines man. Cheating or not?

The look on warnocks face was worth it though

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

The funny thing is that everyone from press to QPR fans will say that the decision cost them but us City fans know that we would have won the game even if the card hadn''t appeared.

QPR haven''t won at home for two months and we''ve come very close to winning our last two away matches.

When you consider that we beat them at Carrow Road this season and last and that we could have turned a draw into a victory if Wes hadn''t missed his penalty at Loftus Road last time round a win for Norwich was always likely red cards or not.

[/quote]Couldn''t agree more, when they scored I got 17/2 on bet365 for us to win....all in all it has been a very profitable day![:D]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.[/quote]But we would have done because we always do well against them...if nothing else we love taking points of Colin.

[/quote]

Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.
[/quote]

We were better than them before they scored and I''ve little doubt we would have beaten them (yet again) without the red card. 

We are 9th in the Prem they are one place above relegation ... a City victory was always likely.

[/quote]

Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.
[/quote]

Which match were you watching, ? now waiting for the well it was only qpr, still all that money Tony think he went to the wronge club

C''mon, he''s just had someones forehead pushed into his face and his nose has got hit, at least he didn''t do the dying swan, he did what decent person would have done, checked that there was no blood (blood during a match and you have to get it sorted).  Once he saw there wasn''t he actually ran back into position. 

Well, Johnson made less of it than Barton himself when Gervinho was sent off, so what goes around comes around.  A thug with a Twitter account is still a thug.

[quote user="smiley"]http://theoriginalwinger.com/2012-01-02-video-qpr-vs-norwich-city-highlights-premiership/3 I must admit Johnson probably over reacted but by doing so alerted the ref that something had happened which meant he had to talk to the lines man. Cheating or not? The look on warnocks face was worth it though[/quote]

He didnt react at all, just stepped back and held his nose, couldnt see clearly from that if there was any contact.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[/quote]Im sorry, but up until the sending off, we never looked like scoring.[/quote]

We were better than them before they scored and I''ve little doubt we would have beaten them (yet again) without the red card. 

We are 9th in the Prem they are one place above relegation ... a City victory was always likely.

[/quote]Your joking me arnt you?Your not actually telling me that, we should beat them purley because we are above them in the league?

First time i have seen it and Brad barely reacts.A lot of players would be rolling around on the floor.Fair play to him and well done Joey[:D]