Sign in to follow this  
M.E.B.O

Replace Ruddy in January, useless and overrated

[quote user="M.E.B.O"][quote user="tubby65"]

John Ruddy has done well for us and most supporters are happy with him. Top save today at 1-1 from the free kick when we needed him.

Get off his back he has done well for us you really have no idea on goalkeepers

[/quote] Seriously? I''m a Norwich fan but I''m not going to defend every player for the fact they play for us? If I think we need a replacement would you rather people be a good quiet little Norwich fan and sit in the corner in silence saying Ruddys world class and should be number one at the Euros? This is my personal option, if you disagree fine, discuss why. Try and see it from an unbiased opinion, hes fumbled and flapped his way through the season in my opinion, dropping crosses, not very quick off his line, awkward. Yes he has made some good saves but he''s cost us points through his lack of concentration. If I can''t voice my thoughts on a Norwich forum, perhaps you would prefer if I post things like ''I reckon Simeon Jackson will score 30 goals this season, There''s being a city fan then there''s just being ridiculous that I can''t say a word against a player without being called a scum fan. Bet if he was sold tomorrow you would be saying you never rated him anyway.[/quote]

Well you got something right!

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]Realistically Schmiecal, Feilding, Sorenson, Martin Fulop, Carlo Nash, De Vries, Ross Turnall, Brad Jones, just a few suggestions off the top of my head. Like I said even if you don''t think he needs replacing, surely you see we need competition in that area, Declan Rudd and Steer go on loan, Ruddy steps his game up or steps aside, we keep a clean sheet maybe and everyone''s happy.[/quote]

You really know what you''re talking about don''t you. Jesus!

Strange time to bring it up? Well of course, being the start of transfer window is a ludicrous time to suggest where we need strengthening?

And people are saying I don''t know what I''m on about.

Club cabbage members by any chance?

Master Legend makes more sense than some of you.

"Costs us more points than the 2 he gained us at Liverpool" - Yeah ok, except we got a draw at Liverpool and therefore 1 point - have u ever watched Ruddy play? He''s a decent keeper and made a blinding save today from Taarabt''s free-kick amongst others.

People aren''t calling you a scummer because you''re criticising a player by the way, it''s because your opinion is useless and overrated and if you genuinely believe the tosh you''re spouting then you have clearly never seen a Norwich match.

Match of the day now and world class keepers to watch.

All I will say is when Fraser Forster was here everyone was saying he was the best keeper we have had, he leaves and suddenly he''s overrated and Ruddys the next England number one.

Seriously I love this club but if you get offended by saying we need to replace a current player, you do need to get a grip.

There''s being a city fan, but for christs sake I''m suddenly a binner when I think someone''s overrated.

Soon as he leaves can''t wait for people to say what I have said tonight but will be ok as he will be an ex player.

No doubt whenLambert moves on, which I wouldn''t begrudge him one bit after what he''s done it will be ''oh he inherited Gunns team''

Nothing against fellow city fans but seriously the replys some up the simple childish mentality of some city fans. So much for ''discussion'' board. Binner is the only discussion bar one or 2.

Night all, better not sign any players this year would be disgusting way to treat a squad that''s got us 9th, heaven forbid ambition. I thought those days were gone.

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]Realistically Schmiecal, Feilding, Sorenson, Martin Fulop, Carlo Nash, De Vries, Ross Turnall, Brad Jones, just a few suggestions off the top of my head.

Like I said even if you don''t think he needs replacing, surely you see we need competition in that area, Declan Rudd and Steer go on loan, Ruddy steps his game up or steps aside, we keep a clean sheet maybe and everyone''s happy.[/quote]Christ on a bicycle! You point has been rendered virtually invalid by most of the names that you have cited. I especially like the suggestion of Carlo Nash, who incidentally has made 10 appearances since leaving Preston in 2007.. You do have a point about getting Rudd out on loan.

Yes your entitled to your opinion afterall its a free Country but when your opinion is as ridiculous as this instance then your going to get ridciuled!

If Ruddy was useless we wouldn''t of got promoted and wouldn''t be where we are at present in the Premiership!

In my opinion he can''t be too far off an England squad place cause I can''t see too many quality English keepers about!

Fraser Forster was very good for Norwich but he made a few mistakes so wasn''t the Godlike wonder person hes made out to be!

Feel free to post your opinions on here but unless you come out with some sensible posts and sound you know just a little bit about football then your going to get plenty of flak on here if your opinions continue to be this far out!

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]Match of the day now and world class keepers to watch.

All I will say is when Fraser Forster was here everyone was saying he was the best keeper we have had, he leaves and suddenly he''s overrated and Ruddys the next England number one.

Seriously I love this club but if you get offended by saying we need to replace a current player, you do need to get a grip.

There''s being a city fan, but for christs sake I''m suddenly a binner when I think someone''s overrated.

Soon as he leaves can''t wait for people to say what I have said tonight but will be ok as he will be an ex player.

No doubt whenLambert moves on, which I wouldn''t begrudge him one bit after what he''s done it will be ''oh he inherited Gunns team''

Nothing against fellow city fans but seriously the replys some up the simple childish mentality of some city fans. So much for ''discussion'' board. Binner is the only discussion bar one or 2.

Night all, better not sign any players this year would be disgusting way to treat a squad that''s got us 9th, heaven forbid ambition. I thought those days were gone.[/quote]Mate, put your toys back in your pram. You have hardly made an inciteful post; going well over the top stating that Ruddy is useless and overated backed up by fairly flimsy observations - then you go on to question the `mentallity` of people posting on this thread. In response to the thread, I think that you are right in so much as I`d like some experienced cover for Ruddy whilst allowing Rudd to get some games under his belt, with an instant recall clause within the loan.. I genuinely don`t think that any of the names that you have mentioned are anywhere close to Ruddy in terms of (recent) top-flight experience. Schmiecal is and will allways live in his dad`s shadow and has Stockdale has half the amount of Premier starts that Ruddy has already made, the difference is that Stockdale made them 3 years ago.... Sorensen would be good cover but his wages are beyond us and he is pushing on a bit.

Shockingly bad judgement. Thank God you are not the manager. ''his legs seem to weigh him down?????????'' Shall we get rid of Holt, he seems a bit broad in the beam. Morison seems slow, clumsy. Blimey the list is endless. How does a team like this manage to get 9th in the prem. Maybe you think we should be taken seriously as title challengers in our first season???? I get the point about needing competition and maybe that will be rectified.

Don''t really agree with the OP on this one, for me Ruddy''s been a good signing since joining. He''s made a few errors but that''s part of Goalkeeping.

It''s all well and good chucking a load of money (that we don''t have anyway) at a ''Keeper but even then that doesn''t guarantee results... David De Gea for just under £20 million anyone?

The only thing I vaguely agree on is loaning out Declan Rudd to get him so valuable match time which then yes leaves us needing another ''Keeper.

Righty, on reflection, my first post and topic headline was a bit brash and possibly done in the style of The News Of The World.

I honestly do not rate hi, and stick to that, and firmly believe that we need competition for him, as there is currently only one genuine option for that position, and Rudd and Steer need loan experience.

Apology lies for being rash or offensive in first joining, I was probably offensive, and my original intention was to have a serious discussion about a topic I have barely seen mentioned on here, but clearly I went about it the wrong way, so apologies and will start again.

Just a few replys to some comments though.

1. ''Cost us more points than the 2 he gained''. I do apologies but was using IPad and when I type quickly now and again on the touch board, it is possible to accidentally click on the number/letter next to the one I am hitting, called a typo, sure not the first person to do such a thing.

2.''''ive clearly never seen a Norwich game''. We''ll feel

Free to email me, I will happily meet you for a pint before the game before intake up my seat with my season ticket I have had since I was 14.

3. Carlo Nash has only made 10 premiership appearances in the premiership in 3 years''. True, Ruddy made 1 in 6 years for Everton so your point there has little weight.

4. ''Frazer Forster wasn''t the godlike keeper he was made out to be'' No he wasn''t, he came along at the right time, done his job, loan ended and moved on, this is my argument, Ruddy is not this godlike keeper who everyone believes him to be either.

5. Stockdale made his appearances 3 years ago'' not sure that''s quite true mate, but again like with Ruddy, 1 Premiership appearance in 6 years hasn''t doubted your belief in Ruddy has it? Also Stockdale actually did get called up to the England squad, rather than former players to suggest he should.

5. Sorenson would be good cover but his wages would be too much'' I seriously wouldn''t bring a keeper of Sorensons experience just as cover, he would be serious competition.

6. Chucking money at a keeper doesn''t always work'' look at De Gear'' True it doesn''t always work, Msn Utd have also purchased players such as Juan Sebastion Veron for a snip at 30m but nobody stopped buying midfielders.

Well that''s my thoughts, bad start to my time here, however short it may be, and I do apologies for the over the top start to this but hey no you live and learn.

Will just say Morrison is possibly the hardest working forward I have known us to sign in my lifetime since a certain couple of hustlers in the 70s, great to see that a player like him can make an impact on the premiership in the days of pounces and playboys, very talented and prepared to chase everything, perhaps looking tired but superb investment as is Pilkington.

Still not got any confidence in him, doesn''t command his area. But there''s ya luck, saved us numerous points this season with his shot stopping (which is his main attribute, and rightly so).

Much Better MEBO....Had you started with that yesterday you may of got some more respectful replies rather than tarnishing everyone on here with the same brush.

I think much like a lot of the other players in the squad, Ruddy deserved his chance to shine after getting us promoted and in my eyes he hasn''t let us down, yes you can say he hasn''t made a clean sheet but that is much more down to the defence than him and its looking more and more likely that clean sheet will come sooner rather than later, with the improved performance of our defence.

My opinion is we should stick with Ruddy now and review it in the summer....but that''s just my opinion and I appreciate yours is different

Cost us points?

Last minute save at Liverpool, last minute save at Wolves. 6 points gained. The free kick save at QPR. Countless others.

Any bashing of a player is admittance that you know better than Lambert. You dont.

Your an idiot.

Time to lay off with the slanging matches, the original poster has admitted the tone of the original post was harsh, and is making constructive arguments now.I still disagree, but I think we can have a proper debate

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Cost us points?

Last minute save at Liverpool, last minute save at Wolves. 6 points gained. [/quote]Did we beat Liverpool and Wolves?[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Your an idiot. [/quote]Okay.

[quote user="M.E.B.O"][quote user="tubby65"]

John Ruddy has done well for us and most supporters are happy with him. Top save today at 1-1 from the free kick when we needed him.

Get off his back he has done well for us you really have no idea on goalkeepers

[/quote] Seriously? I''m a Norwich fan but I''m not going to defend every player for the fact they play for us? If I think we need a replacement would you rather people be a good quiet little Norwich fan and sit in the corner in silence saying Ruddys world class and should be number one at the Euros? This is my personal option, if you disagree fine, discuss why. Try and see it from an unbiased opinion, hes fumbled and flapped his way through the season in my opinion, dropping crosses, not very quick off his line, awkward. Yes he has made some good saves but he''s cost us points through his lack of concentration. If I can''t voice my thoughts on a Norwich forum, perhaps you would prefer if I post things like ''I reckon Simeon Jackson will score 30 goals this season, There''s being a city fan then there''s just being ridiculous that I can''t say a word against a player without being called a scum fan. Bet if he was sold tomorrow you would be saying you never rated him anyway.[/quote]BUT IN FAIRNESS,WHEN HAVE YOU PRAISED A CITY PLAYER?....He was brill against everton/bolton away and yesterday,saving us points!

Some people need to realise that you CAN criticise players without being a binner or wanting the club to collapse. Criticism is healthy, it shows people care.

Fair play MEBO, that''s how you react when you''ve obviously gone about things the wrong way on here - kudos for having the balls to admit you were wrong in your phrasing etc.

In response to your points, I don''t think Ruddy is the real problem - I can think of maybe 3 goals I would put solely on him all season, our defence is the issue and makes Ruddy look worse than he is as he is constantly under pressure (which in turn, blame can be passed to midfield from defence etc).

I agree, he is not the greatest in gathering crosses, but Greeno had a habit of flapping at crosses too and I didn''t hear anyone saying he was a bad keeper!

The shot-stopping of Ruddy is top notch in my book, no complaints there.

His distribution is generally ok too.

I think he''s a solid Prem goalie. Nothing spectacular, but certainly worthy of his place in the Prem.

I totally agree about Rudd needing a loan before he stagnates though.

Well Motty knows what he''s talking about doesn''t he? Been watching games forever.

I personally have no issue with Ruddy, I doubt we would get a better keeper without spending a few million. What I would love to happen, is sign an ''old'' GK, who is happy with staying on the bench, and loan Rudd out for the whole of next season to get first team football. I think it is quite a lot to ask of a young GK to get thrown straight into the prem for an extended period with little experiance at any level (apart from youth/reserves, which don''t really count). You would like to think that either Rudd or Steer have the potential to be at least back up keepers in the prem, but being back up keeper means you may have to play quite a bit if your GK gets injured. At the moment, if Ruddy gets injured for 3 months, we have a seriously inexperianced GK, who could potentially make quite a few mistakes and cost us points...

Quite a fair comment regarding Motty, but I would say away game I stream recently Gary Birtles mentioned when Ruddy failed to punch a cross away that quote ''he''s done that a lot this season when I''ve seen him'' unquote. Birtles did actually play the game, to be honest I have only been to 4 away games this year, being a season ticket holder I haven''t missed a home match, but again free to discuss it.

Would say again, rate him yes or no regardless, we need competition for every place, we don''t have that for goalkeepers, and I rate Declan but he needs loan experience as does Steer.

There is no harm in wanting to improve our squad and improve competition for places. Every club does it from Crawley to Man City, it is not an attack on my love for the club to suggest we need strengthening.

Don''t see how the vast majority of these signings would improve us. Turnbull is a complete disaster and made a series of errors in reserve matches with no genuine pressure attached to them. Carlo Nash is very old and hasn''t played a regular and high standard of football for years. Schmeichal was part of a Leeds United backline that leaked 70 goals last season. By contrast Norwich only conceded 58. He is really the answer, just because his father was a cracking goalkeeper?

The one area I agree with you completely is that we do need to get Declan Rudd out on loan somewhere if possible. That is the only way he can really develop and we can see whether he will become the top class keeper he has been touted as. So we would need an option to tide us over during that period.