Sign in to follow this  
M.E.B.O

Replace Ruddy in January, useless and overrated

New to the pinion but read this page a lot so few ideas to voice to start with.

Ok Ruddy has made the odd decent save, but we can''t show loyalty to anyone if we want to be taken serious now.

Ruddy is clumsy, slow off his line, legs seem to way him down, flaps at crosses, yes he''s a good shot stopper but he costs us more points than the 2 he gained us at Liverpool.

Even if you rate Ruddy a new keeper is essential as competition, and sent Declan Rudd out on loan before we waste his talent on the bench.

It''s ok building his confidence with complements like Dion Dublins ludicrous suggestion he is ''world class'' and a genuine England contender, but I really feel he needs the test of another keeper and find out how he copes. he seems to know he won''t get dropped no matter what he does.

So what suggestions have you lot got for a replacement/contender for the goalkeeper place?

Great 3 points today.

He criticized a player!! Cue mass hysteria and questions of OP''s Ipswich connections and or sexual preferences.

John Ruddy has done well for us and most supporters are happy with him. Top save today at 1-1 from the free kick when we needed him.

Get off his back he has done well for us you really have no idea on goalkeepers

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]New to the pinion but read this page a lot so few ideas to voice to start with. Ok Ruddy has made the odd decent save, but we can''t show loyalty to anyone if we want to be taken serious now. Ruddy is clumsy, slow off his line, legs seem to way him down, flaps at crosses, yes he''s a good shot stopper but he costs us more points than the 2 he gained us at Liverpool. Even if you rate Ruddy a new keeper is essential as competition, and sent Declan Rudd out on loan before we waste his talent on the bench. It''s ok building his confidence with complements like Dion Dublins ludicrous suggestion he is ''world class'' and a genuine England contender, but I really feel he needs the test of another keeper and find out how he copes. he seems to know he won''t get dropped no matter what he does. So what suggestions have you lot got for a replacement/contender for the goalkeeper place? Great 3 points today.[/quote]

ACTUNG ACTUNG BINNER ACTUNG. enjoy League one

By all accounts he kept us in it with a great save from Taarabt today.Anyway, proven Prem keepers have wages too high for us to pay, and any other keeper would be a gamble not worth taking as there''s no guarantee they would do better than Ruddy who has acquitted himself pretty well during the season so far.And I made that point without calling you an "Ipswich bummer".

[quote user="Phyxius"]He criticized a player!! Cue mass hysteria and questions of OP''s Ipswich connections and or sexual preferences.[/quote]Criticise?"Useless and overrated" <- referring to a goalkeeper who has been part of a team currently 9th in the Prem. That''s not criticism, that''s taking the fucking piss.

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]New to the pinion but read this page a lot so few ideas to voice to start with. Ok Ruddy has made the odd decent save, but we can''t show loyalty to anyone if we want to be taken serious now. Ruddy is clumsy, slow off his line, legs seem to way him down, flaps at crosses, yes he''s a good shot stopper but he costs us more points than the 2 he gained us at Liverpool. Even if you rate Ruddy a new keeper is essential as competition, and sent Declan Rudd out on loan before we waste his talent on the bench. It''s ok building his confidence with complements like Dion Dublins ludicrous suggestion he is ''world class'' and a genuine England contender, but I really feel he needs the test of another keeper and find out how he copes. he seems to know he won''t get dropped no matter what he does. So what suggestions have you lot got for a replacement/contender for the goalkeeper place? Great 3 points today.[/quote]

I would just stress that this is not me posting under any name, but the point highlighted in red is certainly valid; with a back-up keeper Rudd and Steer could be loaned out (with recall clauses). Rudd needs to get first-team games under his belt somewhere.

[quote user="tubby65"]

John Ruddy has done well for us and most supporters are happy with him. Top save today at 1-1 from the free kick when we needed him.

Get off his back he has done well for us you really have no idea on goalkeepers

[/quote]

Seriously?

I''m a Norwich fan but I''m not going to defend every player for the fact they play for us?

If I think we need a replacement would you rather people be a good quiet little Norwich fan and sit in the corner in silence saying Ruddys world class and should be number one at the Euros?

This is my personal option, if you disagree fine, discuss why.

Try and see it from an unbiased opinion, hes fumbled and flapped his way through the season in my opinion, dropping crosses, not very quick off his line, awkward.

Yes he has made some good saves but he''s cost us points through his lack of concentration.

If I can''t voice my thoughts on a Norwich forum, perhaps you would prefer if I post things like ''I reckon Simeon Jackson will score 30 goals this season,

There''s being a city fan then there''s just being ridiculous that I can''t say a word against a player without being called a scum fan.

Bet if he was sold tomorrow you would be saying you never rated him anyway.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I would just stress that this is not me posting under any name, but the point highlighted in red is certainly valid; with a back-up keeper Rudd and Steer could be loaned out (with recall clauses). Rudd needs to get first-team games under his belt somewhere.

[/quote]

I totally agree, if I rate Ruddy or not we seriously need competition for him and let the young keepers get experience on loan.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Obviously feeling a bit sore after a 3-1 defeat to struggling Forest [/quote]I think he/she/it might be one of Colin''s crew...''boo hoo hoo...I want to win but everyone hates me...I didn''t ask to be born''.

He is doing absolutely fine. He is solid, the majority of the time. He as played his part in a team that has got championship promotion and is currently sitting 9th in the Premier League. Teams with terrible keepers don''t do that.

He makes some errors but who doesn''t. Szcesezny had an absolute nightmare one of Arsenal''s goals today. De Gea had a shocker against Blackburn. It happens to keepers at top clubs as well. Who could you bring in who would be any better with our budget?

''If I think we need a replacement would you rather people be a good quiet little Norwich fan and sit in the corner in silence saying Ruddys world class and should be number one at the Euros?''

There''s a big difference between putting your point across sensibly and making stupid remarks like the one above. If you wanted people to have a discussion with you, I would''ve probably suggested using better terminology than ''useless and overrated''

I disagree with you because he is the goalkeeper who has been in goal when we got promoted from the Championship to the Premiership, and  is currently keeping goal for the 9th best team in the country, I actually see him as a commanding figure, who very rarely puts a foot wrong, but as always because he isn''t a home grown talent or Fraser bloody Forster, people have never really taken to him.

As someone has already stated, if we wanted a ''better'' goalkeeper than John Ruddy, it would cost us more money (on a limited budget) than what it was worth and the money would best be spent elsewhere on the team.

You are very quick to say Ruddy needs replacing but you are not so quick to tell us who with....

[quote user="Jacko"]He is doing absolutely fine. He is solid, the majority of the time. He as played his part in a team that has got championship promotion and is currently sitting 9th in the Premier League. Teams with terrible keepers don''t do that.

He makes some errors but who doesn''t. Szcesezny had an absolute nightmare one of Arsenal''s goals today. De Gea had a shocker against Blackburn. It happens to keepers at top clubs as well. Who could you bring in who would be any better with our budget?[/quote]Hold on, let''s not say anything rash here!Ruddy is nowhere near as disastrous as de Gea.

Oh no, I sit and watch the games on teletext and just assume made mistakes.

Yes we are ninth, but shall we say sod it we got to ninth doesn''t matter if we go on a bad run and go down. I feel Ruddy is a weak link, perhaps of calling me a binder your replays might have some substance or even sway my opinion if you attempt to reason why you beg to differ, but if your defense of Ruddy is purely must be a binder or doesn''t go to games it doesn''t say much for your iq that you can''t raise a debate.

Seems to me like a lot people remind of people who sit behind me going mad when a shot goes over shouting handball or corner and are actually being serious.

Football is a game to enjoy and discuss, but sod it if I can''t have an opinion without being called a binder it sums up the mentality and typifies the general stereotype we have to endure.

Realistically Schmiecal, Feilding, Sorenson, Martin Fulop, Carlo Nash, De Vries, Ross Turnall, Brad Jones, just a few suggestions off the top of my head.

Like I said even if you don''t think he needs replacing, surely you see we need competition in that area, Declan Rudd and Steer go on loan, Ruddy steps his game up or steps aside, we keep a clean sheet maybe and everyone''s happy.

Oh ok that''s that settled.

Clearly we never need to sign anyone or improve the team as this is the best squad we will ever so signing anyone would clearly be a step down.

Defense needs improving? Must be a binner

Holts shot went over? Must be a binner

He elbowed him in the face so deserved to sent off? Must be a binner

My seats looking a bit faded these days. Must be a binner

Did I join the under 12 forum by mistake?

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]Oh no, I sit and watch the games on teletext and just assume made mistakes.

Yes we are ninth, but shall we say sod it we got to ninth doesn''t matter if we go on a bad run and go down. I feel Ruddy is a weak link, perhaps of calling me a binder your replays might have some substance or even sway my opinion if you attempt to reason why you beg to differ, but if your defense of Ruddy is purely must be a binder or doesn''t go to games it doesn''t say much for your iq that you can''t raise a debate.

Seems to me like a lot people remind of people who sit behind me going mad when a shot goes over shouting handball or corner and are actually being serious.

Football is a game to enjoy and discuss, but sod it if I can''t have an opinion without being called a binder it sums up the mentality and typifies the general stereotype we have to endure.[/quote]

[quote user="M.E.B.O"]Oh no, I sit and watch the games on teletext and just assume made mistakes. Yes we are ninth, but shall we say sod it we got to ninth doesn''t matter if we go on a bad run and go down. I feel Ruddy is a weak link, perhaps of calling me a binder your replays might have some substance or even sway my opinion if you attempt to reason why you beg to differ, but if your defense of Ruddy is purely must be a binder or doesn''t go to games it doesn''t say much for your iq that you can''t raise a debate. Seems to me like a lot people remind of people who sit behind me going mad when a shot goes over shouting handball or corner and are actually being serious. Football is a game to enjoy and discuss, but sod it if I can''t have an opinion without being called a binder it sums up the mentality and typifies the general stereotype we have to endure.[/quote]

What country are you from M.E.B.O. ?

His getting out to crosses and catching need to be worked on and that does make Ruddy a liability, but as others have stressed commanding keepers cost money that the club wouldn''t be prepared to spend.

Same applies all over the pitch where we do need strengthening in order to stay in the top flight.

[quote user="Shyster"]His getting out to crosses and catching need to be worked on and that does make Ruddy a liability, but as others have stressed commanding keepers cost money that the club wouldn''t be prepared to spend.

Same applies all over the pitch where we do need strengthening in order to stay in the top flight.[/quote]

Nice reply.

How is it strange for a first post? What should my first post consist of in your eyes? Do I live abroad? How old are you for gods sake?

Say Lambert did sign a keeper this week will you be posting that it''s a waste of money, we don''t need him, and question his logic? It''s pretty clear if Ruddy got injured we would need a back up anyway, it''s January, we need to strengthen the squad.

If we buy a striker will you moan that Holt, Morrison and Jackson don''t need replacing?

You have to keep looking forward in football, sure if anyone did bid for Ruddy he would seriously consider it, look forward, look to improve all the time or stagnate.

Seems a funny time to come on and lay in to one of our players - who played well and made some good saves.   He has got better as the season has progressed.  He is coming off his line more - and yes occasionally he will get one wrong - name me one keeper that hasn''t - but generally his play -like most of the team has improved.

The whole squad is in development - why pick on Ruddy at this time?