Sign in to follow this  
Brum Uni Canary

Mr Carrow

No - not our revered poster and the other one formerly known as Mr.Carrow, but the announcement.

Call me ignorant, but what exactly does "(Chime) Mr Carrow is in the City Stand" / "Mr Carrow has left the City Stand" mean? I know it is a coded message for stewards to go to a particular stand or something but what is the relevance?

I''m sure it has been mentioned on here before but a search yielded no results and I have never heard it over the tannoy before.

this is a message to inform the stewards that a person has been delt with .ie, a trouble maker ,drunk,etc, in that area of the ground.

''Mr Carrow'' is legendary. Much better than the Liverpool anouncement which is ''OPERATION ANFIELD STANDBY'' and then ''COMMENCE OPERATION ANFIELD'' in a VERY loud voice..At least ''Mr Carrow'' has some personality!

[quote]''Mr Carrow'' is legendary. Much better than the Liverpool anouncement which is ''OPERATION ANFIELD STANDBY'' and then ''COMMENCE OPERATION ANFIELD'' in a VERY loud voice..At least ''Mr Carrow'' has some pers...[/quote]

I thought a bomb was about to go off or something when I heard that at Anfield.

I work as a Golden Goal seller at the ground and have been told by people working in the bar areas that it is a code for a fire alarm going off.

[quote]''Mr Carrow'' is legendary. Much better than the Liverpool anouncement which is ''OPERATION ANFIELD STANDBY'' and then ''COMMENCE OPERATION ANFIELD'' in a VERY loud voice..At least ''Mr Carrow'' has some pers...[/quote]

At Middlesborough on the 28th we were called an "Echo 2 situation".

[quote]At Middlesborough on the 28th we were called an "Echo 2 situation".[/quote]

Blimey, Echo 2 situation? That sounds like something on the Enterprise has gone wrong... what with the bomb scare tactics at Liverpool anyone would think we were under attack (or doing the attacking..)!

It''s an alert warning message to the stewards to take their positions, either for the entire ground, or a particular stand, for a potential emergency situation. It can cover any situation, not just fire alarms.

Apparently, the City and Barclay stands both have power capacity problems, which results in safety switches tripping. This results in the usual coded warning.

After the abandoned Brighton FA Cup game of a couple of seasons ago you''d have thought/hoped the power supply issues might have been resolved by now!

Mr carrow was all over the ground that afternoon I recall - could do with him in midfield alongside Franny!!