Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Wycombe v Huddersfield 7.45 KO

[quote user="paul moy"]I think that''s more because Wycombe are carp !!  [:D][/quote]

And Rhodes is having a whale of a time.

Sorry pm, couldn''t resist. Good typo.

The Beeb have said the first goal was scored by

Gobern?

I think we should push the boat out and sign him, could be a star!

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[quote user="paul moy"]I think that''s more because Wycombe are carp !!  [:D][/quote]

[/quote]

That was not a typo. I always use ''carp'' if the website has a check on dodgy words !! [:D] 

[quote user="Hog"]I think we should push the boat out and sign him, could be a star![/quote]

I think his game is actually quite limited as he is a goalhanger so I have my doubts about him making it in the Prem.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]

That was not a typo. I always use ''carp'' if the website has a check on dodgy words !! [:D] 

[/quote]

Apologies. 

Scoring goals is not a problem we have, if we''re going to spend money this month it needs to be going towards us keeping them out at our own end.

Rhodes is a good player no doubt but not what we need at this point in time with our limited funds.

Interviewer to Jordan Rhodes - "The fans keep chanting you''re not for sale, is that right"?

Rhodes - "That''s not for me to comment on.  I just try and do my best whenever I pull on the shirt" (words to that effect).

Read into that what you want.  It speaks volumes to me...

He has hit 33 goals in 29 games for club and country this season and 12 in the last 5. Yes we need to tighten up at the back but goals win games, Look at Swansea, they can keep clean sheets but can''t hit the net as we can, hence we are higher in the league.

GP,

Holt had only scored goals at League One level, knowing what you know now would you pay 4 Million for him?

Also, Lambert doesnt pick the team based on fairness

Huddersfield are very determined to hang onto him and who can blame them. If we had agreed to sell any of Hoolahan, Martin or Holt at the time, there would have been outrage. The championship is the priority after all. Chairman like Dean Hoyle and Delia Smith certainly have not done it for the money!

You also need to consider that Joe Jordan and Clive Allen were there tonight. I doubt Redknapp would send his two top men unless he was pretty serious about potentially signing him. That gives Huddersfield some massive bargaining power if they know Spurs are in the background. Based on those two factors I doubt they would come to the table to starting talking for less than around £6 million to begin with.

Realistically can we afford that? I dont think so. Realistically can we take the risk? He is a class act and I am pretty certain he can produce the goods at this level but that is a staggering sum of money for a player in the third tier (even if the scoring record is freakish and impossible).

''''Rhodes has nothing to his game he''s just a goalhanger"

The same could be said about Ruud Van Nistelrooy, Raul, Inzaghi, Hernandez etc.

If you score 25 goals in any division half way through the season, you can certainly do it at a higher level.

Before tonight we may have had an outside chance (bookies quoted as as 7/1) but not after last night.