Sign in to follow this  
JF

QPR are a joke!

Seems they are wasting their transfer window time on putting pathetic bids in for unrealistic targets. Have had a £5 million bid for samba turned down when clearly he would command a much higher price, And attract much higher interest. Offer for Andy Johnson rejected and after Junior Hoilett who again would have no interest in joining them. Keep up the good work Colin!

Also, the Mail is suggesting that Fernandes is getting cold feet about spending too much in case they go down and get saddled with a huge wage bill in the Championship. It just gets better!

Clearly the £5 million bid had no intention of getting the player as Blackburn would never sell to a relegation rival let alone for that price. If they were serious they should have gone in with £12 million. Can see another Portsmouth scenario coming here.

He would be a good signing for any of the top 6. I dont know if he''s got some sort of injury history that puts off sides like Arsenal or Man U but he was by far the best player on the pitch when we played Blackburn earlier in the season.

5m would be a joke, QPR maybe taking the chance to publicly unsettle a rival or make one of the bigger clubs jump and sign a competitors star player.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Also, the Mail is suggesting that Fernandes is getting cold feet about spending too much in case they go down and get saddled with a huge wage bill in the Championship. It just gets better![/quote]

I hope this is the case.  Apparently QPR have been linked with Samba, Alex, Andy Johnson, Alan Smith (from Leeds) Nedun Onouha and Jelavic.  Well they wont get Samba, Alex spends half the season injured, Smith is nowhere near what he was after that injury, Johnson could perhaps do a job for us at a reasonable price, but hes had his fair share of injuries and knocking on a little, Onouha would be a decent signing and Jelavic seems very overated in my opinion, for 6 mil or so, a big gamble.

QPR''s only saving grace this season, is that Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan and Wolves are all equally as dire...  Fulham, Sunderland, Swansea, Everton, WBA should all have enough to stay up and I think we should be safe, so i''d expect it to be out of the first 5 mentioned, all who I think would be mid table champ sides...

Just another example of QPR trying to convince everyone they are a ''big'' team. They seem to think that winning the Championship (by default) and having a few quid automatically makes them superior to the likes of us and Swansea. Making derisory bids just shows that they lack any class and their pathetic excuse for a home crowd won''t sustain their team. Their owner is a pauper compared to the big boys of the division. All they will buy is washed up players or bad apples so i wouldn''t worry about them. Warnock will be managing in the lower leagues come September (if not before) So nice to take 6 points off them

[quote user="Horse Manure"]Just another example of QPR trying to convince everyone they are a ''big'' team. They seem to think that winning the Championship (by default) and having a few quid automatically makes them superior to the likes of us and Swansea. Making derisory bids just shows that they lack any class and their pathetic excuse for a home crowd won''t sustain their team. Their owner is a pauper compared to the big boys of the division. All they will buy is washed up players or bad apples so i wouldn''t worry about them. Warnock will be managing in the lower leagues come September (if not before) So nice to take 6 points off them[/quote]

--

The real money (and it IS real money) is with the Mittal family. One can only get a sense of these things, but my suspicion is that the Fernandes/Mittal ownership will work out well for QPR in the long run. Providing the Mittals are happy to be the junior partner while providing most of the money. With Ecclestone and Briatore there they weren''t. But (based on an interview in the FT in September) they seem content enough with Fernandes for now. The other doubt is whether Fernandes, with his expanding non-football businesses, is spreading himself a bit too thin.

But if the partnership holds, and they move to a bigger stadium (probably at White City) I would be reasonably optimistic (if I were a QPR fan) over the club''s future, even if they go down this season.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]MK Dons are 8/5 to beat QPR today, pretty poor odds but may be worth a fiver.[/quote]

Worth a tenner :O

To be fair, MK Dons beat us in the cup earlier this season, and QPR are now nearly in the relegation zone, wouldn''t be surprised to see a youth team line up from them today.