Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

QPR fan's 2nd most hated team , apparantly?!?........

Every forum has its pointless threads (this one being no exception !) , but ,in the  immortal words of Chris Goreham, this QPR one TAKES THE BISCUIT.

The very idea of running a poll to dredge up other clubs to hate....well ,risible doesn''t even begin to describe it .  Perhaps they  know the truth; ie that they are on their way back to the Championship where they belong, and are looking around for potential whipping boys after they''ve had season alongside Chelsea and Fulham ?

I wonder just how strongly Norwich  featured on this "chart" before Mr Barton''s little performance on Monday ?

Haha jesus. One quote:" I was at Carrow Road on that fateful sunny

afternoon in April ''76 standing at the river end, and the piss taking

that took place that afternoon as we were losing and Liverpool were

stuffing Stoke 5-2, will remain in my memory forever. Hate the bastards,

hate Delia, hate that cockskin Dick Menace, hate yellow and green

together, looks like the contents of a rather bad sneeze, hate mustard,

hate that f****** stupid song, hate Phil Boyer, hate that fat cwunt

Grant Holt, that cheating little bastard Johnson, hate the smug manager

and people with six fingers."Jesus calm down man! How someone can hate a club that much is beyond me. I mean I dislike Ipswich, Leeds, and Glory hunters but not hatred really. I hate voilent fans but that cannot be generalised to any one team, sadly every team has them! [:(]

Just ignore them, Neil Warnock and Joey Barton are two of the most hated people in football. QPR are trying to buy their way to success, nabbing a team of egos with a manager who doesn''t have the capability to manage them all. He''s constantly deflecting blame, they seem to have grown rather obsessed with us at present. There are some fans on there who admit we''re doing well and have a good manager on our hands, are a bit bitter by the Johnson incident but looking at their own shortcomings. A lot of them appear to have developed Warnock syndrome which is to blame everything but yourself. That thread is the perfect example, an excuse to have a dig at us!

Let''s draw a line under this now ladies and gents, we have a cup game tomorrow with a crowd of 22,000 plus according to McNally which is fantastic. We don''t have to worry about QPR anymore, let''s enjoy the rest of the season. Lambert has been very dignified about everything, making absolutely brilliant comments today making Warnock and Barton look rather thick. We''ve had an incredible rise and perhaps, at the end of the day, QPR are just bitter as they won the league and we''re doing better than they did. Who knows! They''re not a problem anymore, if they stay up well done to them, but things are looking a tad bleak for them at the moment. So, shutting up, BRING ON THE BURNLEY!!!

They are simply taking up the role Leeds have had the last couple of years, and the role Colchester had before them.

Namely the club that is most jealous of us, because we seem to continually inflict misery on them. Meanwhile, they themselves lurch along, not really doing much.

No interest to me. We won''t be playing them next year.

[quote user="Barnett is King"]Haha jesus.

One quote:

" I was at Carrow Road on that fateful sunny afternoon in April ''76 standing at the river end, and the piss taking that took place that afternoon as we were losing and Liverpool were stuffing Stoke 5-2, will remain in my memory forever. Hate the bastards, hate Delia, hate that cockskin Dick Menace, hate yellow and green together, looks like the contents of a rather bad sneeze, hate mustard, hate that f****** stupid song, hate Phil Boyer, hate that fat cwunt Grant Holt, that cheating little bastard Johnson, hate the smug manager and people with six fingers."

Jesus calm down man! How someone can hate a club that much is beyond me. I mean I dislike Ipswich, Leeds, and Glory hunters but not hatred really. I hate voilent fans but that cannot be generalised to any one team, sadly every team has them! [:(]

[/quote]

The thing is that most Norwich fans would probably have preferred QPR to win the title, rather than Liverpool again. And we had done our bit by winning 3-1 at Anfield, not to mention being so gracious as to lose 2-0 at Loftus Road.

I''m not sure what QPR fans expected us to do in that last game - keep kicking the ball into our own net?  Which actually is what happened just before the end. We were cruising at 3-1 and Tony Powell helpfully lobbed Keelan to try to give QPR a lifeline. 

Thinking along same lines as Purple, what did they expect us to do, go easy so they won and got the title?

FFS, if they were a good side, one deserving of winning the title, they would have come here and won. They didn''t. So they deserved what they got: nothing.

I think all of the years they''ve spent rivalling Palace for the title of  sixth biggest team in London is starting to get to them.

Still, if they gotta hate, they gotta hate. I think its going to be one of those scenarios where-by they hate us and we just sort of look down on them with indifference. Much like Leeds.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]They are simply taking up the role Leeds have had the last couple of years, and the role Colchester had before them.

Namely the club that is most jealous of us, because we seem to continually inflict misery on them.[/quote]Bingo. Every season there''s a team like this.

I''d hate a team that are supposed to be our equals but whom smash us every time we play - last two years we have played 4 games, won 3 and drawn 1 (with a missed penalty by us)...not exactly a record to endear us to them.

I simply take it as a compliment. You only have to look at our recent record against them to see why this is the case.

I like to call them Colin''s Park Rangers as this neatly shifts the emphasis on to the word ''park'' rather than ''rangers'' and thus conjures images of men dressed in day glo picking up leaves in the park.

As others have said, QPR are just this year''s Leeds and Colchester''s. As some of the QPR fans have stated as well, were a bogey team for them like Palace are for us. It will fade.

Ipswich are and will always be are only rivals.

Wolves are rivals are for specific incidents rather then a traditional rivalry.

God forbid should a supporter of another club come on this site and take it to be the general opinion of the Norwich City fans.

With the most polite intentions get a grip. Meet some ''real'' Hoops fans and see what they say.

As far as I am aware their considered local rovals are Fulham and then Chelsea I believe.

Dont take what could be their version of wotb or 1st wiz as gospel.

Also, to the people of respectful Norfolk such as I, do not react to the inbred insults or those illuding to it. Let them believe it so we can keep this county as fair as we know it is.

Having lived in London I can assure you that therr is plenty of inbreeding going on in some of the estates. The less people who know its nice here the less will want to be here. Thats how I would like it to remain!

I doubt most QPR fans really hate norwich that much, give it a couple of weeks.

Anyway they can hate us as much as they like thank you very much for the 6 points

Bigger club!

Bigger fanbase!

Better team and players!

Better manager!

We don''t moan like they do and don''t think we''re better than what we are!

Oh and we normally get the better of them more often than not!

I won''t lose any sleep over them not liking us!