Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Spurs want Pilkimgton

Have heard that Spurs are after Pilkington and want to sort out a swap deal with Naughton signing for us. Let''s hope that Lambert would much rather keep Pilkington.

Maybe that''s why Lambo said the Naughton deal is a no-goer, because he wants to keep Pilks.

Can''t see us selling him anyway

Dont see there being any mileage in this but I could be wrong.

Naughton is out of contract but to his age compensation would be set by tribunal. This is a gamble Harry wont want to take but is one I think we would take.

I would value Pilks in the £5-6million bracket due to his age and the fact he has shown he can play wing or tip of the diamond or even striker. He has also scored some cracking goals and assisted others.

In tribunal I guess Naughton would cost £1million maybe.

I hope its not true and wont come to anything as I think Pilks has a part to play in us staying up.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Let''s hope the Norwich first team is more attractive than Tottenham reserves. [/quote]

Or, quite possibly being punted out on loan to some Champ team.

This story re Pilkington also ran in November, with Liverpool being the club "interested". It''s all part of the January rumour mill designed to sell newspapers, another example being the imminent "sale" of Rooney by MU.

Can''t imagine Pilks seeing a role as understudy to Gareth Bale as being all that tempting!

Unless Spurs are selling Bale.........

Ulp.

[quote user="Wishbone"]Rumours grow...he aint in the squad today![/quote]That''s it then.....Ruddy and Tierney must be off too! [:S]

Find this rumour pretty laughable - Pilkington is having a decent season, but Tottenham are looking at bringing in players like Klasnic. They are operating at a higher level and building a team to push on in the Champions'' League next year.Also Harry loves his wingers to have incredible pace, something that Pilkington doesn''t have.

[quote user="chicken"]Dont see there being any mileage in this but I could be wrong.

Naughton is out of contract but to his age compensation would be set by tribunal. This is a gamble Harry wont want to take but is one I think we would take.

I would value Pilks in the £5-6million bracket due to his age and the fact he has shown he can play wing or tip of the diamond or even striker. He has also scored some cracking goals and assisted others.

In tribunal I guess Naughton would cost £1million maybe.

I hope its not true and wont come to anything as I think Pilks has a part to play in us staying up.[/quote]If Charlie Adam was worth £7m....

he was at Carrow road watching the game (confirmed on snorefolk) which i am guessing wouldnt be the case if he was off...we''ll swap him for Van der Vart and 3 million.

Yawn yawn!

Rumour mongers who probably don''t know anything putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 35,000! (the boards intended future capacity of Carrow Road!)

Why don''t people say the same thing about Ruddy not being in the squad today?

Another point is we don''t even have a player called Pilkimgton!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Have heard that Spurs are after Pilkington and want to sort out a swap deal with Naughton signing for us. Let''s hope that Lambert would much rather keep Pilkington.[/quote]

You have to admit he''s a glass act.

not one to normally get involved in all this rumour/ conspiracy theories BUT .....

not only not in squad but also no comments on twitter from him tonight which is strange. pilks obviously loves twitter and after every game even when he is not involved there is some sort of well done lads comment

tonight nothing but sure just coincidence ( or at least certainly hope so!!)

I was only winding up earlier. It''s easy to put 2 and 2 together. There are no hard facts other than he''s doing very well in the premiership sofar! I''m pretty sure we wouldn''t sell our better players in this transfer window...risking our premiership status.

Is he really Tottenham class ? they played a rarely used Dos Santos today and i would rate him head and shoulders above Pilkington .