Sign in to follow this  
Leedscanary

They'll be in trouble now...

Looks like Liverpool could be in a huge spot of bother, taken from BBC live text of FA cup game against Oldham2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then

turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is

seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks

close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard

has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear

more about that one.About time the FA stepped in big time. Liverpool have created a huge mess with their Suerez support.

I just read that, lets hope it wasn''t racial. How is Tom doing tonight on the pitch btw?

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I just read that, lets hope it wasn''t racial. How is Tom doing tonight on the pitch btw?[/quote]What if it wasn''t? What difference does it make?  If it''s that bad to have upset him, but it wasn''t racial does that mean it doesn''t matter?

No, it still matters a lot. I was just saying in relation to the whole Suarez situation, it would be a massive shame for English football if it WAS racial.

I hope whatever it was gets fully investigated and the fan delt with appropriately, whatever the offence was.

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]No, it still matters a lot. I was just saying in relation to the whole Suarez situation, it would be a massive shame for English football if it WAS racial.

I hope whatever it was gets fully investigated and the fan delt with appropriately, whatever the offence was.[/quote]No worries Twitter''s gone mental saying it was racist chanting!! FFS

This is the the problem these days. Living and working in a diverse society. Racism is wrong. But whenever something happens to a black man its suddenly " racist" when its to a white person Que the female labour minister! It''s ok! Before anyone has a go I''m not racist. I have black friends aswell as white. I just hate the fact people assume. Racists are a minority.

Well, Milliband failed to sack Diane Abbot so I suppose certain folks think a bit of racism is ok. [:@]

5live suggested it was a racist chant as well

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, Milliband failed to sack Diane Abbot so I suppose certain folks think a bit of racism is ok. [:@][/quote] 

That didn''t surprise me one bit.

Wow - if what is written here is anywhere near the truth....[url]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html[/url]especially the part about "..fans wearing Suarez T-Shirts, shouting "you f**king black b*****d""

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Wow - if what is written here is anywhere near the truth....

[url]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html[/url]

especially the part about "..fans wearing Suarez T-Shirts, shouting "you f**king black b*****d""
[/quote]

I was just about to post the same link.  Mirror reporting it was definitely racist and the morons concerned were arrested. 

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Wow - if what is written here is anywhere near the truth....[url]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-new-racism-row-Fan-arrested-on-suspicion-of-abusing-black-Oldham-player-Tom-Adeyemi-article849913.html[/url]especially the part about "..fans wearing Suarez T-Shirts, shouting "you f**king black b*****d""[/quote]There''s some complete brainless cheesecockheads about.

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, Milliband failed to sack Diane Abbot so I suppose certain folks think a bit of racism is ok. [:@][/quote]Good and very accurate statement Paul, [Y]On a brighter note although obviously deeply upset by the rascist idiot it seems Tom Adeyemi played a blinder and has been singled out as "particularly impressive" by the BBC.

There are still varying reports on this.  Some saying Adeyemi was booed by sections of the kop everytime he got the ball and regarding the incident some saying a coin was thrown at him and some saying it was what has been quoted on this thread and some implying it was a combination of booing, things being thrown at him and the racist shouting.[:O]

no-one''s saying ''whenever something happens to a black person'' it''s racist!! i don''t know what point you''re trying to make here gunnshairline but it sounds pretty screwed. adeyemi got racially abused plain and simple. doesn''t matter that it''s a white person being racist to a black person, it''s racism. also, as far as i can see there''s no problem ''living and working in a diverse society''. i really don''t know what point you''re trying to make.

I''m sure that Sky Sports News just said that no arrests had been made, and that their investigation didn''t involve racial abuse?

Liverpool fans and club are really annoying me of late!! I want a newspaper report or interview with glen Johnson or John Barnes! High profile black Liverpool players to see what they think of it all..!

And if all is true about Tom tonight, then the f.a should throw the book at them and kick them out of the cup, that would start to shut some of the morons up!!!!

Think some people need to calm down, calm down, (pun intended !!) a bit. I don''t have any particular liking for Liverpool but every football club has the odd racist fan. I know people are linking this incident with Liverpool''s defence of Suarez but that''s pretty irrelevant. Our club makes every effort to kick racism out and yet we will still have some racist fans amongst our crowd.

Looks to me that at least one of the nearby fans pointed out who it was and made a statement, I am sure our fans would do the same and I am equally sure that if one of our fans was ejected from the ground for racist behaviour we would be furious if other clubs decided we were racist because of the actions of one or two people.

Mark .Y.  

[quote user="Mark .Y."]

Think some people need to calm down, calm down, (pun intended !!) a bit. I don''t have any particular liking for Liverpool but every football club has the odd racist fan. I know people are linking this incident with Liverpool''s defence of Suarez but that''s pretty irrelevant. Our club makes every effort to kick racism out and yet we will still have some racist fans amongst our crowd.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s irrelevant at all, I think it''s completely relevant.  When you defend a player who admits to calling another player "negro" seven or eight times, send your first team out in "Suarez" T-shirts and stand behind him, even contesting the FA decision re: eight match ban, you are sending a message to your own supporters that actually you don''t see using racial language as a problem.  In that context, a couple of pissed-up morons in Row A are going to have slightly looser tongues than they otherwise might.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Mark .Y."]

Think some people need to calm down, calm down, (pun intended !!) a bit. I don''t have any particular liking for Liverpool but every football club has the odd racist fan. I know people are linking this incident with Liverpool''s defence of Suarez but that''s pretty irrelevant. Our club makes every effort to kick racism out and yet we will still have some racist fans amongst our crowd.[/quote]

I don''t think it''s irrelevant at all, I think it''s completely relevant.  When you defend a player who admits to calling another player "negro" seven or eight times, send your first team out in "Suarez" T-shirts and stand behind him, even contesting the FA decision re: eight match ban, you are sending a message to your own supporters that actually you don''t see using racial language as a problem.  In that context, a couple of pissed-up morons in Row A are going to have slightly looser tongues than they otherwise might.[/quote]

Agree, i was speaking to a Liverpool supporter who stated that the Suarez situation had caused huge problems and come the end of the season either Suarez or Dalglish on their way.

H

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Looks like Liverpool could be in a huge spot of bother, taken from BBC live text of FA cup game against Oldham

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

About time the FA stepped in big time. Liverpool have created a huge mess with their Suerez support.
[/quote]

Yes, Stamp it out right now and Ban Liverpool from the FA cup, reinstate Oldham to the next round, the FA have to come down and hard on the Scousers, that is the only punishment that will effect them, they are a rich club and will laugh away any fine that will be handed out so Kick them out of the cup

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Looks like Liverpool could be in a huge spot of bother, taken from BBC live text of FA cup game against Oldham

2140: Oldham midfielder Tom Adeyemi takes a throw-in and then turns to confront a spectator in the front few rows at Anfield. He is seriously unhappy here with something that was said to him and looks close to tears. The game is stopped for a few minutes and Steven Gerrard has a word with Adeyemi. Play is back under way now but we may hear more about that one.

About time the FA stepped in big time. Liverpool have created a huge mess with their Suerez support.
[/quote]

Yes, Stamp it out right now and Ban Liverpool from the FA cup, reinstate Oldham to the next round, the FA have to come down and hard on the Scousers, that is the only punishment that will effect them, they are a rich club and will laugh away any fine that will be handed out so Kick them out of the cup

[/quote]

Come on now! A sense of proportion is needed!

Because a couple of mindless idiots behave in a disgusting manner that is no reason to make the millions, yes millions, of Liverpool followers all over the world suffer and be painted by the same brush.

Yes, come down hard on the incident but come down hard on the idiots who perpetrated the crime, not the quiet, law abiding majority.

To call all Liverpool fans racist, as a ban on the club would be, would be a ‘racist’ act towards Liverpool fans.

Make the guilty suffer, not the innocent.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on now! A sense of proportion is needed!

Because a couple of mindless idiots behave in a disgusting manner that is no reason to make the millions, yes millions, of Liverpool followers all over the world suffer and be painted by the same brush.

Yes, come down hard on the incident but come down hard on the idiots who perpetrated the crime, not the quiet, law abiding majority.

To call all Liverpool fans racist, as a ban on the club would be, would be a ‘racist’ act towards Liverpool fans.

Make the guilty suffer, not the innocent.

[/quote]

A sense of proportion?   I''m sorry but the way the club - yes - the club - handled the suariez incident has been ridiculous to say the least.  It is almost certain that racist comments took place - yet the club, far from apologising and then moving on, actually deny it!   This has given  low life fans (there are some at every club) just the excuse they need.   This is why racism has to be stamped on. The message has to be clear.   Liverpool failed in this regard and look what happens!!    The club needs to sort itself out - or if they won''t  do it themselves - they need to be made an example of.   The poster is right - do something to the club that makes them think - a fine is no good.  Removing from a competetion or two might make them wake up!!

While every club will have idiots among their support (witness the Terry chants at QPR from some of ours on Monday) the key is how the club responds to them. As other posters have said, Liverpool have handled the Suarez issue appallingly and there has still been no proper apology from club or player. This incident gives them the chance to regain a little of the respect that they have undoubtedly lost, but only if they clearly and unequivocally condemn this incident and take firm action against the perpetrators. Wheeling out supporters to confirm that Tom misheard "Manc" as "black" will simply continue their journey towards pariah status.