Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

FA Cup show ITV

its on for an hour and a half, twenty minutes in and we''ve seen one game, not really with extensive highlights and are now into a 5 minute advertisement break = sh*t!ITV have never been able to do football!

Have no idea, but we won''t get much air time because of the shocks. I just want to see Sc*m get beat... AGAIN and obviously our goals.I can not remember a game in recent years where i''ve seen us dominate so strongly, but we''ll only get to see our goals (maybe the missed penalty) for sure.The programme is sh*t, they are now talking about the racism row at Anfield, which of course is very news worthy, but is already big in the media. Concentrate on the football.

I approve of any coverage that makes Liverpool look more like the dirty Scouser scum that they are. The way the club and the players have dealt with the Suarez affair has been utterly appalling and it was never going to be long until it came back and slapped them in the face.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I approve of any coverage that makes Liverpool look more like the dirty Scouser scum that they are. The way the club and the players have dealt with the Suarez affair has been utterly appalling and it was never going to be long until it came back and slapped them in the face.
[/quote]

What didn''t sit right with me is that the Liverpool fans then started singing about Suarez and booing Adeyemi.  WTF is that about?  They were 3-1 or 4-1 up at the time against Oldham. 

I hope the fa make them play some games behind closed doors...

Maybe i''m being a tad naive with what i''m gonna say, and its taking the thread off topic, but apart from the Suarez and JT incidents, what other racism rows are there?  Why is English football being tarnished with the actions of  players from 2 clubs?  Have I missed something else?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I approve of any coverage that makes Liverpool look more like the dirty Scouser scum that they are. The way the club and the players have dealt with the Suarez affair has been utterly appalling and it was never going to be long until it came back and slapped them in the face. [/quote]The thing is, i know a family of season ticket holders at Anfield, a lovely regular family just like many others at Anfield and Carrow Road. I dont think it fair all supporters are tarred with same brush. Remember Everton accusing us of being racist a few years back?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I approve of any coverage that makes Liverpool look more like the dirty Scouser scum that they are. The way the club and the players have dealt with the Suarez affair has been utterly appalling and it was never going to be long until it came back and slapped them in the face. [/quote]The thing is, i know a family of season ticket holders at Anfield, a lovely regular family just like many others at Anfield and Carrow Road. I dont think it fair all supporters are tarred with same brush. Remember Everton accusing us of being racist a few years back?[/quote]The Everton thing was very uncomfortable [:$]

Everyone has been complaining about Match of the Day all season and, as I told someone the other day, it may not be perfect; but wait until ITV show the Cup highlights.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I approve of any coverage that makes Liverpool look more like the dirty Scouser scum that they are. The way the club and the players have dealt with the Suarez affair has been utterly appalling and it was never going to be long until it came back and slapped them in the face. [/quote]The thing is, i know a family of season ticket holders at Anfield, a lovely regular family just like many others at Anfield and Carrow Road. I dont think it fair all supporters are tarred with same brush. Remember Everton accusing us of being racist a few years back?[/quote]Completely agree Canaries, however NCFC''s stance against racism has never been in question and any wrongdoers have always been dealt with firmly leaving people with no doubt as to the club''s position. By contrast, Liverpool refusing the apologise, backing Suarez even after he was found guilty and encouraging the players to wear the T-Shirts could be easily interpreted by some of their less-pleasant fanbase as a green light to say whatever they fancy. They can''t be allowed to get away with it just because of the size of the club.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]I approve of any coverage that makes Liverpool look more like the dirty Scouser scum that they are. The way the club and the players have dealt with the Suarez affair has been utterly appalling and it was never going to be long until it came back and slapped them in the face. [/quote]The thing is, i know a family of season ticket holders at Anfield, a lovely regular family just like many others at Anfield and Carrow Road. I dont think it fair all supporters are tarred with same brush. Remember Everton accusing us of being racist a few years back?[/quote]Completely agree Canaries, however NCFC''s stance against racism has never been in question and any wrongdoers have always been dealt with firmly leaving people with no doubt as to the club''s position. By contrast, Liverpool refusing the apologise, backing Suarez even after he was found guilty and encouraging the players to wear the T-Shirts could be easily interpreted by some of their less-pleasant fanbase as a green light to say whatever they fancy. They can''t be allowed to get away with it just because of the size of the club.[/quote]Don''t get me wrong Wundaboy, i hope the culprit and the CLUB get hammered [:)]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Have no idea, but we won''t get much air time because of the shocks. I just want to see Sc*m get beat... AGAIN and obviously our goals.
I can not remember a game in recent years where i''ve seen us dominate so strongly, but we''ll only get to see our goals (maybe the missed penalty) for sure.

The programme is sh*t, they are now talking about the racism row at Anfield, which of course is very news worthy, but is already big in the media. Concentrate on the football.
[/quote]

Paulton Rovers

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Have no idea, but we won''t get much air time because of the shocks. I just want to see Sc*m get beat... AGAIN and obviously our goals.I can not remember a game in recent years where i''ve seen us dominate so strongly, but we''ll only get to see our goals (maybe the missed penalty) for sure.The programme is sh*t, they are now talking about the racism row at Anfield, which of course is very news worthy, but is already big in the media. Concentrate on the football.[/quote]

Paulton Rovers

[/quote]Fair one [:S]

Love or hate the ITV coverage, i prefere the less-scripted banter in the studio and really liked Strachans down to earth take on any questions raised at him.

MOTD could definetly learn from that, instead of the generic, almost robotic analysis.

Not a huge fan of itv but to be fair to them they did have to show goals from 20-odd games, and there was no upset in our game so it is one of those times we should almost be glad that we didn''t get higher profile on the programme.

One thing did vaguely annoy me, though: for some reason the fact that Fulham got 20k at their game got a mention on the commentary (which was clearly a ''voiceover'' job)..why that was is noteworthy is beyond me...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Not a huge fan of itv but to be fair to them they did have to show goals from 20-odd games, and there was no upset in our game so it is one of those times we should almost be glad that we didn''t get higher profile on the programme.

One thing did vaguely annoy me, though: for some reason the fact that Fulham got 20k at their game got a mention on the commentary (which was clearly a ''voiceover'' job)..why that was is noteworthy is beyond me...[/quote]I noticed the Fulham remark too, just changing the subject slightly, was the kids for a quid offer open to Burnley too?

Yes - away ticket prices have to be the same as those for home supporters in equivalent seats.

Agreed - Matt Smith is good.....however any live game means the dreaded Clive "I''m not a Man Utd fan honest" Tildsley.  He is so horrendously biased towards them it hurts.  Could he get his tongue further inside Ferguson, Rooney, Giggs and Scholes?  Even when they aren''t playing he shoehorns references to his beloved Red Devils.  It is sooooo irritating.