Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Congrats John Ruddy!!!

Haven''t seen a post on here, so forgive me if I''m wrong.

But congratulations to big John Ruddy on the birth of his child last night, confirmed on Snorefolk that, that was why he didn''t play today.

Chuffed for the big man, celebrate with a clean sheet next week!

[quote user="Supermarket Prodigy"]Haven''t seen a post on here, so forgive me if I''m wrong. But congratulations to big John Ruddy on the birth of his child last night, confirmed on Snorefolk that, that was why he didn''t play today. Chuffed for the big man, celebrate with a clean sheet next week![/quote]

As a goalie he obviously spends plenty of time in the box!

My wife had our second child on Thursday night at the NNUH (2 months early, but doing really well), I saw Ruddy this morning taking all his bits and pieces off the ward, back to the car before coming back and collecting his new born and girlfriend/wife.

One of the nurses said he tried to hire one of the side rooms last night (individual room with shower/toilet), said he''d pay good money, but they said no as there was nothing wrong with baby or partner so needed to be kept free for an emergency.

Just goes to show, money doesn''t buy you everything!

(...and tonight my wife phones me to say that she''s been given a side room!, as there are some spare so she can get a good nights sleep!)

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 14"]Congratulations

Bring on the sleepless nights   [S]  [|-)]
[/quote]

But he might be able to keep a clean sheet now [:)]

As someone who''s worked in the NHS for many years, it''s disappointing to read that the hospital staff are sharing confidential information about a patient with other people. Might not seem much, but it''s their private business whether or not they asked for a sideroom etc etc.

Anyway, congrats to JR and his family.

[quote user="Canarino"]As someone who''s worked in the NHS for many years, it''s disappointing to read that the hospital staff are sharing confidential information about a patient with other people. Might not seem much, but it''s their private business whether or not they asked for a sideroom etc etc.

Anyway, congrats to JR and his family.[/quote]It''s not really confidential is it?  Because other new mums would''ve known Ms Ruddy has moved from the ward to a broom cupboard.  I thought this confidential marlarky was basically to stop people discussing Mr Jones gonads on the bus home.

I''m afraid the nurse or midwife was at fault - she inappropriately disclosed something she knew because of her professional position (the fact that JR had requested that his wife be moved to a private room, and the fact that this request had been turned down). If I was her manager and I heard about this, I would be taking it further. The actual information disclosed might seem like something and nothing, but it''s an important principle.

No chance of a clean sheet now!! Not if how my kids were when they were babies is anything to go on!!! lol!!

[quote user="Canarino"]I''m afraid the nurse or midwife was at fault - she inappropriately disclosed something she knew because of her professional position (the fact that JR had requested that his wife be moved to a private room, and the fact that this request had been turned down). If I was her manager and I heard about this, I would be taking it further. The actual information disclosed might seem like something and nothing, but it''s an important principle.[/quote]John Ruddy wasn''t the patient though was he?

The nurse told a member of the public something concerning a patient in her care, something which she was aware of because of her privileged position. It doesn''t matter why she disclosed it, or how trivial it was, or who the patient''s partner is - the fact remains that information was disclosed and it shouldn''t have been. Believe me, any employer of midwives and nurses would take a very dim view of that. The Nursing & Midwifery Council, which regulates the professions of nursing, midwifery and Health Visiting might even take action.