Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

FAO Smooth

Wild card weekend is here!

Who do you want in the playoffs?

Personally out of the 3 you could end up with I''d take the Giants every day of the week. Even the Skins managed to beat them twice this year!! I definitely wouldn''t wanna face NO and Brees, and ATL are a decent team too.

I''m an honourary 49ers fan for the playoffs btw.

Ha Ha well I am hoping our D can perform, great last two results for us after the steeler game, one against a good running attack in Seattle with the 12th man and then St. Louis, who maybe we let back in the game. But we then showed a little life on offense. Lets hope we are celebrating in February 5th/6th, either way another amazing NFL season. An amazing season of still my favourite sport and to top it the 49ers are building maybe in 2 years if we can build from this we may have that 6th superbowl.

Totally agree about getting the Giants, love there front 4 on Defence but as an offensive team I think we can match them again. Still very very tough. Saints and, last years number 1 seeds, ATL can cause all manner of problems. First time in a long time that the NFC has looked a bit better than the AFC.

As a spectical the Saints vs Packers would be incredible and the Pats vs Packers would be many fans dream superbowl. To be honest can''t wait four live games tonight and then next weekend. I honestly wish I was back in the US, to be part of the sporting buzz. I miss college football, basketball, the pro games on Sunday and the utter party of it all.

But bring on the games. Think the Giants can be tidy but ATL and the Saints are def. favourites to go through. I ma just happy of the number 2 spot. Great achievement and maybe a NFC Championship game.

Big NFL fan, but not caught a lot this season (I can convince the Mrs to watch most Sports, but anything American based I struggle..)Looks like the Packers or Saints in the NFC, Patriots in the AFC. Pittsburgh always come good this time of year so would expect them to make it through a game or two.Im a Colts fan by the way, my MVP vote for Peyton Manning is in the post...

As you guys would say to me what''s this to do with norwich?

[quote user="BW"]As you guys would say to me what''s this to do with norwich?[/quote]Not sure about the first two posters, but I have no idea who you are and certainly dont think I have ever gone forum police on anyone. Either way it is slightly off topic, if it gets moved into another forum then so be it.

LOL Trent, Manning deserves MVP seeing as he got you the number one spot and either Andrew Luck or a shedload of picks!!

I hope you''ll trade it away so we have less QB needy team fighting for a trade with the rams for Robert Griffin III (RG3). I desperately want him as the Redskins QB next season.

Even Rex Grossman got a few TDs on the board against the giants!

We need a total rebuild on the O side now, we have a decent defence - starting with RG3 (or Luck if RG3 goes #1).

Im jealous of the Colts though, there is no way they are remotely as bad as this season has looked. Any coincidence they started winning once they were locked in for a top 2 pick? ;)

Agreed. BW I dunno what you''re on about, I''ve not said that to you once, and nobody reads the other forums - everyone knows that...

Thankfully we see crap like this only once in a blue moon. The kids think it''s cool to follow a minority sport but soon grow out of it; just a passing fad.

Much as you think it''s cool to be the most pathetic poster on here JG who tries and consistently fails to say something witty, but just proves the menopause is still going strong in Norfolk....

Unfortunately we see crap like this from you with every post you make.

I have been actively supporting the 49ers since 1988, I watch more american football than football.

I have been to games from the late 90''s to 2008 and been to almost all the stadiums in the US for games and soccer games. Still American football stadiums stand alone compared to our over-rated Wembley. I worked within soccer in the US, not as a coach but within promotion from grassroots through to the MLS and worked alongside British teams Chelsea, Man U when on their US tours. I also was in LA when David Beckham moved to the MLS. There is a strong support for the game here and it is not young kids with the game being televised on mainstream television for almost 3 decades so the fan base is stretched over a good age range.

I like that you can leave a little note on here for some other NCFC fan who has an interest in another sport.

Think next weekend against the saints will be a cracking game. No question there could be a great NFC championship game and superbowl for the interested neutrals if the packers or saints meet the patriots.

We''ve had good news today - Shanahan is to coach the talent packed South in the senior bowl. Couldn''t have happened to us in a better year as we''ll need a good knowledge of the later round picks if we have to trade our early round to move up for RG3/Luck.

Disappointed for the 49ers to get the Saints but then again, I guess if you want a shot at the SB you''ll have to beat the best sides.

[quote user="smooth"]

I have been actively supporting the 49ers since 1988, I watch more american football than football.

I have been to games from the late 90''s to 2008 and been to almost all the stadiums in the US for games and soccer games. Still American football stadiums stand alone compared to our over-rated Wembley. I worked within soccer in the US, not as a coach but within promotion from grassroots through to the MLS and worked alongside British teams Chelsea, Man U when on their US tours. I also was in LA when David Beckham moved to the MLS. There is a strong support for the game here and it is not young kids with the game being televised on mainstream television for almost 3 decades so the fan base is stretched over a good age range.

I like that you can leave a little note on here for some other NCFC fan who has an interest in another sport.

Think next weekend against the saints will be a cracking game. No question there could be a great NFC championship game and superbowl for the interested neutrals if the packers or saints meet the patriots.

[/quote]

[quote user="smooth"]

[/quote]

You could avaoid the abuse by sending a PM.