Sign in to follow this  
BW

Racism directed at Tom Adeyemi

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Red Canary"][quote user="Shyster"]Comments such as those made by another of Labours idiots, Diane Abbott, yesterday, do nothing to help the issue of racism. [/quote]Not sure what Abbott has to do with tonights incident, clutching at straws much?[/quote]

No clutching at straws - it is relative.And it makes you thick not to realise that.[/quote]

This is a football message board, and the discussion is about football related racism. Don''t hijack it and use it as a way to attack politicians you disprove of! There are loads of forums online you can discuss that sort of thing!!!

On another note, I must say that I have lost a lot of respect for Liverpool FC and their fans!!![/quote]

Hijacking the thread was not my intent, I''m disgusted at Liverpool supporters actions I also feel for young Tom, but I insist that Abbott''s comment/s are relative -- people up & down the country would''ve witnessed via the media Abbott''s racist slur, including Liverpool fans - would you deny that the latter are not just a tad edged on in their vile actions by such remarks? Of course they are - I''m not making excuses for the scouse scum, neither am I lending them, Terry or the other tool any kind of justification, but the issue of racism in this country has once again raised its ugly head in the last couple of years for a reason and Abbott''s recent and former remarks do nothing to diminish the issue - in fact they positively inflame the situation.[/quote]I agree 100%, and you worded it a bit better than i could have done!

I believe I am right in saying that T. Adeyemi is actually well studied, perhaps someone can confirm but I believed he is looking to further his education and much like Robert Green have a very successful career follwoing his football career.

He seems a very mild, composed young man. One who I am very much looking forward to coming back to Carrow Road and having an impact on the first team from next year, he is a genuine talent. His first experience of a big ground and big FA Cup appearance has cast a dark cloud over the hosting club and his experience. I only hope he can grow from this.

I am sure again it is a minority and many Liverpool fans will be disgusted by the events that took away from the win. I don''t want to get too much in the debate about racism in football, the campaigns implimented in the UK have certainly been a long term success, however there will always been exceptions, recently in the stands and by high profile players. In World wide football comments will always be part of the game, because each country has its own tollerations and history with different ethnic neighbours.

But full support for a very young and gifted player. Who I certainly feel will have return visits to Anfield in his career and I hope at that point he vents his footballing ability on the pitch in a winning performance.

The Liverpool boards are suggesting that he misheard what was shouted and that the word was "manc". Should be plenty of witnesses for the police but either way he was clearly upset.

[quote user="Red Canary"][quote user="Shyster"]Comments such as those made by another of Labours idiots, Diane Abbott, yesterday, do nothing to help the issue of racism.
[/quote]

Not sure what Abbott has to do with tonights incident, clutching at straws much?
[/quote]

The Abbott incident has shown yet again the hypocrisy in tolerance towards non-whites when they make overt racist statements about whites. A white person would have been sacked for making those comments against non-whites. There should be zero tolerance towards all racism so that no excuses can be made by anybody of any race for making racist comments. Suarez tried to get away with excuses and was backed by Dalglish, and Abbott has been backed similarly by Milliband, and this undermines the anti-racism movement in the UK.

smooth to (partially) confirm your question, yes he is well studied. Was rumoured/confirmed to have a place at Oxford or Cambridge but chose football instead (which means he got/predicted all As at A Level).

His performance last night, and his general performances for Oldham sound promising, I know its at a lower level, but so were all our other players pretty much. Lambert has got Championship/League One players and turned them into a mid table premiership side, no reason why Adeyemi can''t become a part of that in the future, I have more confidence in Adeyemi doing that than Korey Smith (reason being, Korey didn''t really play any better last season than he did in League One, he needed to develop a little really, but didn''t appear to, and he didn''t play as much, since League One he hasn''t played too much first team football, thats surely going to effect his progress)

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Not really, shyster. What Abbott did was more of a mistake that has largely been taken out of context (no doubt you have only read the daily fail''s version of things, rather than the truth). It has no real relevance in what happened tonight, I doubt the Liverpool fans were trying to make some sort of grand gesture re: what she said. Fact is, abusing someone incessantly and calling them a '' f...ing black b...d'' is different and If you can''t see that you are a fool.[/quote]

Other white politicians have commited similar ''mistakes'' and been sacked. Abbott has a history of these ''mistakes'' and thus should have gone.

It must have been bad to bring about the reaction that it did. Liverpool mishandled the Suarez affair very badley and in their misguided attempts to support their player have unintentionally given the impression that they do not support the antii racist stance.It is impossible to say if this is connected in any way with last nights incident. Sometimes FA cup matches see different people come to the games ie not season ticket holders and it may be some of the more casual rather than regular supporters that were responsible. Either way they need to be identified prosecuted and banned. I remember the bad days of the 1970s and in large part we have moved on but obviously not as much as we would have wished

As with all these sorts of incidents, it''d be better if comments are made by everybody, AFTER the facts are known, rather than some type of knee jerk reaction based on what''s been reported in a few snippets. That said......

The one thread running through this and a number of other controversies this week is that if a person or club has "form"  it''s more likely that people will jump to conclusions, so their past misdemeanours will often come back to haunt them. For example, I''m sure that had Joey Barton not had such a lamentable disciplinary record, the ref would have been more lenient with him on Monday, as would the FA subsequently. Likewise, Liverpool''s track record as regards racism and crowd management has been deplorable for years . They have done little to dispel the opinion that is widely held that they are an endemically racist club. The Suarez fiasco is just the latest in a long line of gaffes.

So , whatever the outcome of the Adeyemi business, rightly or wrongly, Liverpool will be guilty as charged in many people''s eyes.

IMO Any comment of a racial nature should be stamped down hard.  Whether it be said by a white, black, Asian whatever person.  Because if even if one person is seen to get away with it, it is inevitable that the other morons & boneheads will just copy the behaviour.

While every club will have idiots among their support (witness the Terry chants at QPR from some of ours on Monday) the key is how the club responds to them. As other posters have said, Liverpool have handled the Suarez issue appallingly and there has still been no proper apology from club or player. This incident gives them the chance to regain a little of the respect that they have undoubtedly lost, but only if they clearly and unequivocally condemn this incident and take firm action against the perpetrators. Wheeling out supporters to confirm that Tom misheard "Manc" as "black" will simply continue their journey towards pariah status.

Re: Manc/Black. Before we judge too harshly, let us not forget the Fat/Black incident up at Everton not long ago. There was no racism at Goodison, and I very much hope it was a mis-understanding yesterday. If anyone is found guilty, then lets hope they are banned for life and Liverpool actually do the right thing for once.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

As with all these sorts of incidents, it''d be better if comments are made by everybody, AFTER the facts are known, rather than some type of knee jerk reaction based on what''s been reported in a few snippets. That said......

The one thread running through this and a number of other controversies this week is that if a person or club has "form"  it''s more likely that people will jump to conclusions, so their past misdemeanours will often come back to haunt them. For example, I''m sure that had Joey Barton not had such a lamentable disciplinary record, the ref would have been more lenient with him on Monday, as would the FA subsequently. Likewise, Liverpool''s track record as regards racism and crowd management has been deplorable for years . They have done little to dispel the opinion that is widely held that they are an endemically racist club. The Suarez fiasco is just the latest in a long line of gaffes.

So , whatever the outcome of the Adeyemi business, rightly or wrongly, Liverpool will be guilty as charged in many people''s eyes.

[/quote]

I don''t think so, Eric. The bottom line, deliberately obscured by the orchestrated QPR/Warnock/Barton press campaign, is that Barton committed a sending-off offence. There doesn''t have to be contact, though there may well have been. Just moving your head towards someone else''s head is a straight red card.  The referee applied the law, and would have been in trouble if he hadn''t.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Red Canary"][quote user="Shyster"]Comments such as those made by another of Labours idiots, Diane Abbott, yesterday, do nothing to help the issue of racism. [/quote]Not sure what Abbott has to do with tonights incident, clutching at straws much?[/quote]

No clutching at straws - it is relative.And it makes you thick not to realise that.[/quote]

This is a football message board, and the discussion is about football related racism. Don''t hijack it and use it as a way to attack politicians you disprove of! There are loads of forums online you can discuss that sort of thing!!!

On another note, I must say that I have lost a lot of respect for Liverpool FC and their fans!!![/quote]

Hijacking the thread was not my intent, I''m disgusted at Liverpool supporters actions I also feel for young Tom, but I insist that Abbott''s comment/s are relative -- people up & down the country would''ve witnessed via the media Abbott''s racist slur, including Liverpool fans - would you deny that the latter are not just a tad edged on in their vile actions by such remarks? Of course they are - I''m not making excuses for the scouse scum, neither am I lending them, Terry or the other tool any kind of justification, but the issue of racism in this country has once again raised its ugly head in the last couple of years for a reason and Abbott''s recent and former remarks do nothing to diminish the issue - in fact they positively inflame the situation.[/quote]

How you can link a couple of racist scousers with a racist comment made by a politician is tenuous in the extreme. Racists do racist things because they are racist, nit because of what some politician says. Even if they had been aware of Diane Abbott''s comments they would also have seen the widespread condemnation of them by most people.

Leave your politics of this message board!!!!

[quote]Leave your politics of this message board!!!![/quote]

[img]http://innoconnects.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/PDHeadInSand.gif[/img]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

I don''t think so, Eric. The bottom line, deliberately obscured by the orchestrated QPR/Warnock/Barton press campaign, is that Barton committed a sending-off offence. There doesn''t have to be contact, though there may well have been. Just moving your head towards someone else''s head is a straight red card.  The referee applied the law, and would have been in trouble if he hadn''t.

[/quote]

Well Ok Purple, I don''t suppose we''ll ever know the answer to this one . It''s just a hunch on my part. In the same way that had Frank Lampard''s horrendous two-footed lunge on Tuesday night been carried out by  someone with a reputation for that sort of thing (which Lampard has not got), the card shown would have been red, not yellow.

Ginger Pele, I am glad you confirmed what I was led to believe that he had some serious educational potential. Hence he is not the type that I would think would have reacted unless it was very extreme. But to take us off the topic of the incident last night and back to a great young player, I agree with many of your statements.

Itruely beleive he is going to have a better career than Korey Smith, Adeyemi has shown great ability whenever I have seen him, his progression physically as well as football sense has improved. If I recall Lambert did say he would have played this season if we were in the championship. I certainly believe he can be that rangey, tall box to box midfielder with the ability to tackle and get the pass in that we have been looking for. So certainly one that I think will, as I said above, will play at the highest level and hope he goes back to Anfield.

But I also think he is the example of a footballer that should be portrayed to the young and should have more air time than many of the so called great players. Robert Green should be a shining light, once he has finished playing football he will be able to launch a career within law. It is a shame we still have a media that idolises and interviews those that are not shining examples. But again sensationalism sells not those that are good role models.

But if the PFA wanted to promote the good things in football, then I certainly think R. Green and a player like Adeyemi, young and talented both in football and academically are invaluable to show the right things for the young.

Korey Smith is an interesting question, personally even in his championship game at charlton and appearances in league 1 you could see his qualities and his weaknesses. If he had improved greatly where he had those qualities then he would be consideration for the first team and if his weaknesses had improved then again the same thing. But in that season and in the championship there was no remarkable improvement. It is harsh but a fact that we have seen with other players at Carrow Road, Jason Shackell. But it also shows that Shackell has improved now but also found his limit.

I think we have a very capable young midfielder under the tutolage of Oldham and will learn a great deal.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

Well Ok Purple, I don''t suppose we''ll ever know the answer to this one . It''s just a hunch on my part. In the same way that had Frank Lampard''s horrendous two-footed lunge on Tuesday night been carried out by  someone with a reputation for that sort of thing (which Lampard has not got), the card shown would have been red, not yellow.

[/quote]

Eric, I didn''t see the Lampard "tackle" but I don''t think there is any doubt that star players often get away with yellow when it should be red. Possibly that played a part as well as Lampard''s lack of "bad boy" reputation.

As for Barton, his reputation may have helped the referee in his own mind, but it was still a clear-cut red card offence. That someone with a cleaner reputation MIGHT had only received yellow doesn''t mean Barton didn''t deserve red.

One point I haven''t seen made before is that when shown the red card Barton''s immediate reaction is not the genuine "What the heck is that for?" bafflement of someone who feels themselves innocent. Nor do his team-mates seem that surprised!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

One point I haven''t seen made before is that when shown the red card Barton''s immediate reaction is not the genuine "What the heck is that for?" bafflement of someone who feels themselves innocent. Nor do his team-mates seem that surprised!

[/quote]

Well, you are certainly right there Purple. In fact, in the footage I''ve seen, the only person pleading clemency in Barton''s defence was , bizarrely, Grant Holt !

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You won''t but I do as I was there and saw a clear headbutt. Barton''s red was totally deserved.

Liverpool have royally stuffed themselves up the backside.If they say "racism has no place in Football" then they HAVE to sell suarez and ban those fans... if they ignore it and sweep it under the carpet they will be chastised by the entire fraternity in the UK.for years liverpool have played the Victim, Heysel, Hillsboro, games against Man Utd and more... this has shown the team up to be the boil on the arse of society that they actually are.I hope the FA throw the book at them, its happened at Liverpool twice now.. the innocent will need to suffer with the guilty and i feel a fine and points deduction or removal from the FA cup with Oldham reinstated will make them think twice.Years ago Liverpool fans made airplane noises at old Trafford for united fans to respond with "Hillsboro, la la la".. chants like these have no place in football and I for one am bitterly disappointed at Liverpool who should know better.

If this arrest ends up in a conviction then Liverpool definitely need punished as well. 

Would normally say clubs cannot do anything about the idiot minority, but the actions of Liverpool in the Suarez affair over the last few weeks can not have helped with the ridiculous siege mentality, everyone is against us cr*p that the people of Liverpool always come out with.

Hope the FA throw the book at them.

Shyster - still disgusted with those Liverpool fans?

From where I''m sitting you''re right in there with them, you racist bigot!

Goodbye shyster and good riddance