Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

FA Cup for me this week:-

Spurs vs Cheltenham - Home win.

Good luck one and all.

My recent picks have been about as successful as a Paul Jewell transfer raid....big name, sounds good, false optimism, big wages, legs have gone, Dads Army remake.

So to try and emerge from this gloomy run, I''m going to put my faith in Chelsea. This surely represents their only hope of silverware so Aston Villa Boas is going to take it seriously, though I doubt even winning the cup will be enough.

So at a measly 1/6 I am napping Chelsea to beat Portsmouth.

Good Luck Beauseant, let''s hope he hasn''t been on the Premier Cru Chablis too early this weekend.....[D]

With more than a little trepidation, I''ve finally reached a decision. To be honest I was pretty clear on five games but changed my mind on the sixth several times, because there will be a shock somewhere, I just need to try and make sure it doesn''t affect us! Consequently I''ve decided against Everton and Villa who I think are both good cnadidates to slip up. Here''s the 6:

Spurs to beat Cheltenham at home

Hearts to beat Auchinleck Talbot at home

Montpellier to win at Prix les Mezieres (i''m putting my faith in you here PC [;)] )

Woking to beat Staines at home

Sheffield United to beat Salisbury at home

and (deep breath!)

Chelsea to beat Portsmouth at home

Thanks to everyone for the picks and let''s hope I''ve got it right![:|]

Thank you for these Beauseant. They look a well balanced and well thought out final six. I reckon you''ve got it spot on buddy[Y]

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential pay out is £22.53

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Tottenham @ 1/7
Hearts @ 1/12
Montpellier @ 1/12
Woking @ 1/5
Sheff Utd @ 1/6
Chelsea @ 1/5
Six-Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
06/01/2012 20:35:0610.000.00

Spurs, Hearts, Woking and Sheffield Utd all get underway at 3pm tomorrow. If all are successful we carry over to Sunday when Chelsea start at 3pm and finally Montpellier kick off at 7:30pm.

Good luck Robin and all you PUPs......[:)].........

Bit late this week. Going for the FA Cup and

Chelsea to win at home vs Portsmouth

Good luck Beauseant and all PUPs

[quote user="Beauseant"]

With more than a little trepidation, I''ve finally reached a decision. To be honest I was pretty clear on five games but changed my mind on the sixth several times, because there will be a shock somewhere, I just need to try and make sure it doesn''t affect us! Consequently I''ve decided against Everton and Villa who I think are both good cnadidates to slip up. Here''s the 6:

Spurs to beat Cheltenham at home

Hearts to beat Auchinleck Talbot at home

Montpellier to win at Prix les Mezieres (i''m putting my faith in you here PC [;)] )

Woking to beat Staines at home

Sheffield United to beat Salisbury at home

and (deep breath!)

Chelsea to beat Portsmouth at home

Thanks to everyone for the picks and let''s hope I''ve got it right![:|]

[/quote]

Oh come on, Beau, when have the French ever let the British down?[;)] Anyway, as it was you choosing, I increased the level of my normally scant research,[:|] doubling my daily intake of Armagnac[D] and going back to chain-smoking Gitanes[H] to concentrate the mind.

Based on that, I am as sure that Montpellier are going to win as I''m certain that our beloved football club is being run by peerless business geniuses incapable of even the slightest error of judgment.[;)]

After being one of the many who went for manyoo last week, surely this time Everton can beat Tamworth!!!Everton, home win for me please.Good luck to all.

Just typical that while we were worrying about cup upsets it was a league game that let us down. Woking! The second timew in a few weeks. It seems every season we get a bogey team and they are certainly contenders this year.

Really wanted Beaus to get his name on Ray''s signature this week but it wasn''t to be. You were unlucky Robin, but thank you again for this week and also for all your support in getting these threads up and running again this season.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Unlucky Beaus, that''s twice Woking have done us over.  Looks like you''ll be joining the illustrious 5 out of 6 club.

[/quote]

For the third time in three goes![8o|]