Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

premier league survival or winning the fa cup?

How many people will care about Birminghams cup win in 50 years time though? How many people even care about it now? With their current situation I can''t even picture Birmingham fans really caring about it?

Whilst it''s great for the supporters at the time it''s soon forgotten about. If you''re a "small club" you''re branded with "they had an easy run" or "they got lucky" anyway.

Ipswich have spent something like 14 seasons in The Championship...

Would you rather a cup win and relegation resulting in us playing Glen Roeder-esqe football in the Championship for the next 14 years.. Or to have stayed in the PL, got a new manager, spent another 30 million and hopefully pushed on next season?

I''d even take an FA cup win next year if it somehow meant that we wouldn''t get promoted for like the next 5 years. I am not a shareholder or director, football is about winning things! There are so many great things about this club but our honours list really isn''t one of them. Staying up last year I just felt relief that that horrible season was over. An FA cup win and I''d be celebrating and talking about it for years!

The Championship is littered with teams who were previously "established" top flight teams, Fulham are about to join them, the reality is we will never be a team with security of maintaining our top flight status, we will always yo-yo, its the frequency with which we do that changes.

I''d rather take an FA Cup win knowing at some point we will be back.

FA cup.

despite what Sky tell us it stillhas its magic and EVERY kid in the country dreams of playing in the cup final.. not winning the premier league.

some day will be our day!

We finished a very credible 11th and that was still survival . FA Cup win all the time. With neutral semi final grounds and replays.etc !!

Interesting to see this thread revived.  A couple of years back I''d probably have gone for survival, but after a couple more years in the Prem, survival - while it lasted - did turn a bit dull.  And for all that the FA cup has been devalued, it is still a proper competition.

So now I''d go for the FA cup win.

I''d have to say the FA cup, we haven''t won a major trophy in my life time and it would be such an unforgettable day out at Wembley watching us win it, not to mention the chance to see us play in europe. Premier League football will come and go for a club of our size, it''s the same for the bottom 10 premiership clubs and the top 12 championship clubs. Do you really see much of a difference between the likes of Stoke and Middlesborough?