Sign in to follow this  
????

Kris Boyd-available on a free

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Natural goal-scorer but his work outside the box was non-existent. Not sure we could carry somebody like that as much of our success is based on defending from the front and the constant pressing.[/quote]

Spot on.

He has been pants ever snce he left Rangers and has been a massive under achiever for at least 3 years now.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]If it was George Boyd from Posh I''d say yes![/quote]

Only he plays for Hull now

I have watched Kris Boyd several times this season as a truly awful kilmarnock side did just enough to stay up on the last day of the season (As a Killie and a Norwich fan this has been a LONG season!!!!)

He has scored 22 league goals in a tema that creates very few chances and remains the best natural finisher I have ever seen on a football pitch. But he has very little else to his game and won''t do the ''hard work'' expected of a striker in the Championship...and that''s before you analyse the gulf in class between a lower Scottish premier league side and one attempting to regain premiership football

But as a simple goal scorer he is phenomenal, and as a free to come off the bench occasionally he would grab more goals than any of our current strikers...

Kris Boyd is one of the worst players I have ever seen and I''ve seen some dross turn out for Norwich over the past three decades. When he played at Carrow Road for Boro a few years ago he made John Hartson look dynamic and Jan Molby look mobile. I''m not sure he even scored for Boro in the Championship and they shipped him off ASAP.

I''d take him as a sqaud player if you have are having problems scoring as he scores goals. I bet almost every chance Ricky missed Boyd would have put away. Of course most of them were in Scotland. Generally though he is lazy and I think he wants one more crack at a good league so maybe the championship would suit him. I don''t see him staying at Kilmarnock even with the ankle surgery he''s about to go under and even though the Scottish championship looks good next season I reckon he rather have go at an English club rather than Rangers or Kilmarnock. Only take him if you already have an alternative striker as back up as any man who walks out on their country when they need goals is a risk.

We already have existing strikers we''ll be gambling on next season, so we need to actually get someone who will guarantee us good performances/ goals. Someone like Deeney should be our number one priority this summer, i''d love us to go in asap with a £6m bid.

If we have a bit spare at the end of the window and Hooper and RVW and Becchio are all gone then Boyd would be a potential last resort for a back up striker or someone to come off the bench. Surely we can do better than him for first choice though?