Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Coventry planning to allow fans to decide who is substituted during games!!!

WTF - http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18112011/58/championship-plans-afoot-fans-texting-subbing-decisions.html

An absolutely crazy idea imho which has to be stopped by those in authority. 

What would the implications be for things like betting for example? or If as is mentioned in the article opposition fans vote off the star player or the keeper for example? 

Such a move could not only destroy the morale of some players, if they are subbed when playing well, but would also undermine the manager.  Which self respecting, half decent even, manager would want to manage under such conditions?

This is surely just that, a crazy idea, that is definitely a non-starter from the off, isn''t it?[:^)]

I, for one, think it is a FANTASTIC idea and I would be well up for it, thumb poised!Who better to decide who should be subbed than the man who has been on the ale since late morning.Please, please let this happen. I think I''m going towet myself!Mungo

Will they pay the fans the thousands the managers are paid to make these decisions then? don''t think so! What a bleeding stupid idea!!

Not the first time this has been suggested. Stevenage were going to do exactly the same thing a few years ago in the Conference. Amist much ridicule from fans from every other club in the league the plan was scrapped. Stupid then and stupid now.

crazy idea...what''s this, the peoples charter?

I think Ebbsfleet did pick the squad a while ago but then the fans did own the team (sort of).

I had a trial at Sittingbourne once...does that put me on a par with Lambert? ;o)

Why stop at substitutes?Why not vote for a change of formation during a game. Even better, vote for team tactics on the fly. Give players Blackberrys and you can can vote for how the corners and free-kicks  should be taken.Penalties would be great:Vote 1 for top right cornerVote 2 for straight down the middleVote 3 for bottom left cornerVote 4 for stop/start run-up and chip over the keeper

[quote user="Europe_93"]Can you imagine Roeder''s face as Huckerby is brought on every week after 2 min[/quote]Just after lazy Chris Martin is taken off after 30 seconds to be replaced by the tireless Lee Croft.

Christ sake if that happened here we would have Morison taken off every week judging by a lot of comments on here!!

@ Spencer1970 - the "owners" NEVER picked the team at Ebbsfleet and whilst everyone is saying what a stupid idea don''t some of us do this each and every week in theory on this board?

My Football Con was sold on the idea much like a certain number of monkeys all typing with the eventual result being the Complete Works of Shakespeare - a numbers game.

Had to feel sorry for the well intentioned mugs trying to support lower or non league football with some fantastic funding but the concept''s ideas and operating man Will Brooks was no more than a flim flam artist who never delivered a single magic bean for their money and yes, as a fan of english football with a hatred of todays foreign oil billionaire types I put my money in too!! More mug me lol.

I work in Cov. and in our office, those that support Cov. don''t go anymore. I was in the same office 10 years ago and the following was quite strong and I had to put up with quite a bit of stick as they were still Prem (or there abouts ) and we had been in the Champ/Div 1 for some seasons. The sooner they grace League 2, the better.