Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

A breath of common sense from Swansea

Swansea have confirmed that Man Yoo colours are banned in home areas of the Liberty - anyone trying to enter with a Man Utd shirts/colours will be refused entry. Here, here. I would like to think that we have the kahunas to do the same tomorrow. Outside the away section, any sign of red and white and any murmur if they score gets the offender refused entry/hoofed out.Mungo

Although I agree in principle with this post I dont really think our club should be complaining to much as we at away games think its perfectly acceptable and complain at the home side fans objecting to Norwich fans buying tickets in home areas

What the club is stopping is the wearing of away colours, not the buying of the tickets. I''ll be in with the QPR fans on 2nd Jan but I would not be so stupid as to wear Norwich colours in that situation. Surely commonsense !!

i think this is quite a tough one in all honesty. i can understand why it has been done and agree completly with the reasoning, but what about little kids who may only have an arsenal shirt but attend norwich games. i remember when i was younger, i grew up as an Arsenal fan (family ties - for those who need it justifying) but attended norwich games, but i only ever had an Arsenal top which i wore all the time. I don''t expect Swansea to apply this rule to kids, and as long as they don''t i think it''s a great idea.

Obviously man u fans will sit in with Swansea as will Arsenal with us. However I agree that these colours should not be displayed (dispite it being a rather thick thing to do). It seems highly unfair that a sell out crowd week in week out means that true supporters are unable to get a ticket and then a ''so called'' arsenal fan takes the seat. I know its a difficult problem to manage but still.

It should definitley apply to kids. One of the most depressing signs of the times is to pass Sloughbottom or Eaton Park and see kids running around in Chelsea and Man Yoo shirts. What chance do these little blighters have if they haven''t been brought up properly. Feckless, slovenly parents stick them in front of Sky Sports whilst gorging themselves on crack and heroin sandwiches. The city council should issue every boy (obviously not girls who should be learning about cooking, cleaning and other assorted womenly duties) with a Norwich City shirt. Forget all that useless "book learning" and "going to uni". Start them off on the right track!Mungo

How can Arsenal fans sit with our fans at Carrow Road? How would they get a ticket? The match is sold out! If there are Arsenal fans amongst us then the chances are their tickets didn''t come from the club. It''s different when we sit in the home ends elsewhere because other clubs don''t sell out.

There is a slight difference in Norwich Fans getting tickets in home ends when we are on our travels and when away teams have fans in the home sections at Carrow Road, the majority of other clubs can''t sell all their tickets so we aren''t taking tickets away from home fans that want to go to the game, away fans in home areas of Carrow Road are using tickets that could be used by Norwich Fans.

As I said a few days back any home fans lending/selling their season ticket for the game to an away fan could end up having their season ticket taken away if caught.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]It should definitley apply to kids. One of the most depressing signs of the times is to pass Sloughbottom or Eaton Park and see kids running around in Chelsea and Man Yoo shirts. What chance do these little blighters have if they haven''t been brought up properly. Feckless, slovenly parents stick them in front of Sky Sports whilst gorging themselves on crack and heroin sandwiches. The city council should issue every boy (obviously not girls who should be learning about cooking, cleaning and other assorted womenly duties) with a Norwich City shirt. Forget all that useless "book learning" and "going to uni". Start them off on the right track!Mungo[/quote]Can you get them at Subway?[:D]

So football makes a big noise about kicking out racism, but will treat supporters of 2 teams differently, how ironic. The club does its best to get as many City fans in as possible, the rest is up to the fans.

Off the top of my head I know I have sat in the home end at Man Utd, WBA, Brighton, Bristol City, Cardiff & Villa, and if I want to watch a game I will get a ticket where ever I can. Having sat in isolation myself, I''d have no issue sitting next to an away fan, after all we all have similar interests and the bottom line is you should treat others as you would wish to be treated.