Sign in to follow this  
Bill

A challenge for the older fans

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=74365

click on the link

who are we playing ?

when ?

and who scores ?

I can''t get it to load. But if it''s Sunderland I remember us playing them in the cup in ''68. That could be about right by the picture. We drew 1-1 with a goal from Curran then I remember we won the replay at Roker park with a goal from Manning! I was too young to go to the replay but remember I won a tanner off my Nan![:)]

If you can get on to the Pathe site the try putting Norwich City in the search box

It is much later than that I think

The ''away'' team have the pointed collars that were popular around 73-75 and some chap in the Main stand has got a sheepskin coat on.

Looks like the goals are in the second half (as number 12 is on the pitch for City) down the River end - odd seeing the stewards in their long white coats jump up when we scored. Certainly a packed crowd in what looks to be mid winter

"Sunderland, 1st March 1975, Colin Suggett, 1-0 City "

There is two goals Mr Lake, a bit of a clue

I think it was March 1974. It was the last season until more modern times that City wore a round collar. I seem to recall that all the goals came in the second half but it was not enough to prevent City being relegated from the First Division at the end of the season.

Assuming it was City v Stoke 1974

There was a link to then team posted up on here 14th July but the link doesn''t work, however-

Game: Norwich City''s 4-0 win over Stoke City

Competition: Football League Division One

Date: Saturday, March 23, 1974

Attendance: 19,824

with

Norwich won 4-0 in 1974 (all goals coming in the second half from John Sissons (2), Ted McDougall, and Colin Suggett

The second goal is scored by number 9 who I think would be John Sissons, certain Suggett never played number 9.

Oddly those two goals were the only goals that Sissons scored for us

"It still won''t load for me! "

a lot of men your age................

[quote user="Theres only one Ken Foggo"]Just had another look. Yes it is Colin Suggett. I was confused because he was wearing number nine and Boyer was number ten. Normally it was the other way round![/quote]

The second goal is Boyer (wearing 10) crossing for Suggett to finish. Two very clever players. It was (assuming it is that game against Stoke in 1974) when Bond had taken over and started to get us playing decent football, but too late to stop us getting relegated.