Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

the game today

i thought it was a very exciting game today. huckerby was once again fantastic down the left and a well taken goal. west ham looked very strong today, if they would have got another goal soon after the 1st there would have been no way back 4 us. i think roberts will not start next week against sunderland. he worked well but is now fading away a bit and i think its time to start Mckenzie upfront with hucks again. we will be on the counter attack a lot next week and i think we will need that extra bit of fire power which leon can give us. he has been patient and deserves another run in the team. we started off very dodgy in the first half, they really should have scored.
i think 1-1 was a fair result even though we should have gone on and won the game with a certain penalty but thats life (i don''t think we will all be complaining like a certain Mr.Warnock). a well battled game, and looking forward to playing sunderland.

I agree that 1-1 was a fair result, although I thought we stepped up a notch when Iwan Roberts was replaced. I''m afraid missing easy chances is becoming a regular feature of the welshman''s game while most of his layoffs were misdirected. Obviously Hucks was man of the match but what a solid game Craig Fleming and Malky had.

Yeah Iwan''s free header from McVeigh brilliant lopping cross, MUST force the keeper into action, how can the living goal scoring legend miss that? Maybe it''s time to get change and put him back on the bench to release a little bit of pressure.

Maybe the Leon Mc Kenzie could do a job for us as last year we needed a big target man because of our style of play, but now we are creating more chances on the ground prehaps we do not need a target man as such.