Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

Joey Barton

...is suspended for our game next week v QPR after racking up 5 bookings this season in their game yesterday at Stoke.

Not sure if this has been widely mentioned yet, though forguve me if it has!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/search.sd?search=Joey+Barton&type=player

They only had 5 subs yesterday, no Taarabt either? Will miss Bartons character next weekend but I don''t think he is their best player. Must keep close to Wright-Phillips!

I don''t think Barton is even the key to their play. Many teams have underestimated the aerial threat of Helguson this season and paid the price for it with him now scoring 5 goals in his last 5 games. Stop the supply from SWP and Faurlin and we can force Helguson out of the game.

It''s a shame, because we (crowd) would definately have wound him up, and the 2 penalty situations he was lucky not to concede on Saturday, may have come round next Saturday and actually been given - karma!

Also our midfield would have passed the ball around him like he was invisible!!

Its a massive plus, everything goes through him, he''s their set peice taker and a team with joey barton in it is a team worth having IMO.Now we''ve got to deal with sean derry which is better.This is a must win IMO, if we dont i cant reallistically see us getting 3 poiints before the new year.

BAD NEWS ALERT!

Barton isn''t banned - he only has 4 yellows..he wasn''t booked against Newcastle...soccerbase have bad info.

booo!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14799558.stm

According to BBC JB booked for Newcastle against Arsenal and Sunderland. For QPR against Chelsea, Man C and Stoke. I make that 5 for season surely a little holiday beckons.

I thought there was a story on here earlier to say he was banned or was I dreaming? [:D]

Wouldn''t have been too bothered if he was playing or not anyway to be honest. As long as he doesn''t snap Hoolahan in half, I don''t think he''ll be the main worry.

SWP will rip us to shreds. I''m not a massive fan of SWP at all, don''t think he''s actually that good. But we look a complete and utter shambles defensively down the flanks, and going on how Agbonlahor and Walcott have ripped us apart the last two games, I think we''ll see exactly the same thing this weekend.

Sorry, meant to say the pace of Agbonlahor and walcott have ripped us apart, and that we''ll see exactly the same with the pace of SWP this weekend.