Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Tactics for QPR

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Ruddy De Laet Martin Barnett Tierney Fox Johnson Bennett Hoolahan Pilkington Holt Morison[/quote]

if only. haha.

ruddy

naughton    martin     barnett   de laet  tierney

crofts       fox    johnson 

bennett            hoolahan           pilkington

morison      jackson     holt

ruddy  rudd-------------------------(smart thinking)

naughton    martin   barnett   de laet     tierney

bennett crofts  fox  johnson lappin surman pilks

wes    chris martin (recalled loan of course)

morison         weeliebin             holt

jackson

Would go for the diamond with Jackson up front with Morison as they have linked well on the rare occasions they''ve played together this season. Still not convinced Wes has a guaranteed start as he gets played off the ball too easily by some opposition. Wouldn''t drop Naughton for De Laet as there was no link-up for him with Bennett not starting against Arsenal so looked lost as a result. Tierney''s been very good but has not always covered his ground as he should. Many problems seem to stem from midfield. Sort that and maybe the rest will fall into place.If Lambert''s not afraid to drop Holt  for not cutting the mustard then he needs to implement the same rule to every player. Johnson needs to practise his free kicks.

[quote user="improper fraction"]Give me strength.

How many posters on here can''t count? [:@]

mrs miggins - you''ve made this numerate error before I believe, namely listing a team of more than 11 players....
[/quote]

i know i have, chill out.....just a bit of fun. jeeze

mrs miggins - you''ve made this numerate error before I believe, namely listing a team of more than 11 players....
[/quote]

you''ve got to admit, that would be a fun game to watch as just a one off. each team has about 18 player.

no...just me then  :(

QPR have wingers. Wright-Phillips will be hugging the touchline like a new teddy bear. Let''s play a 4-4-1-1, a la Bolton, Sunderland, Man Utd, Swansea. Same players as then, too. Their main threat comes from Wright-Phillips, so make him track back by playing a winger ourselves and an overlapping full-back, as we do. Also Taarabt, who I believe may be injured(?) and Faurlin.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[quote user="improper fraction"]Give me strength.How many posters on here can''t count? [:@]mrs miggins - you''ve made this numerate error before I believe, namely listing a team of more than 11 players....[/quote]

i know i have, chill out.....just a bit of fun. jeeze

[/quote]I''d hardly call not being able to count to 11 a bit of fun. Maybe you have dyscalculia.

[quote user="Cappsy"]I''m with you mrs miggins. how about 8 a side with 2 goalkeepers in each goal[/quote]

that would be sweeet. although, would there be the offside rule? and if so - that would be bloody hard to score

and by the way freactions- are you being serious or are you joking, because i can''t believe you can be this offended by me stating a ridiculous team.

(not just because weeliebin is there)

I think we will revert to the 4-5-1 system.

With the same line up we were used too. I think Crofts has shown that he is an assett and is right to ask why he isn''t involved, but for now I can that team going out.

As I ahve said before, and I see others agree, Hoolahan has to start warranting his place in the attacking part of the field. If he doesn''t on Saturday then I think we have to look at starting two strikers soon. We need that threat and certainly Wes is not supporting morison.

So

Ruddy

Naughton, Barney, Martin, Tierney

Benno, Fox, Johnson, hoolahan, Pilkington

Morison

But I would like to see

Ruddy

Naughton, Barney*, Martin, Tierney

Benno, Fox, Johnson, Pilky

Morison, Jacko

* Even think Barney has to prove himself this week. He has to bounce back quickly cause he is beginning to show why wba were happy to let him go. De Laet should be knocking on the door as should Crofts. Both I still feel have a big role this year, Crofts could easily start in a five man midfield if Pilky and Benno push on to join the striker with Fox, Crofts and Johnson behind.

As always Hoolahan is the player we have to accomodate, so it is now that he has to step up and become that threat at goal.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

you''ve got to admit, that would be a fun game to watch as just a one off. each team has about 18 player.

[/quote]

Mrs M - I like the idea

Rugby Union vs Rugby league

11 a-side footy vs 15 aside footy!

Lets start it

What always amazes me about threads like this one is how all the amateur Football Managers think they can hand out advice and second guess the guy that the club pays £1 mil a year to.You wouldn''t dream of telling a solicitor or doctor how to represent or treat you. Why should you think PL needs your help in any shape or form.Let the manager get on with the job, all this picking teams and formations is just so much bullshit.

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

Fo Sho MoFo

[/quote] Mrs M - I like the idea Rugby Union vs Rugby league 11 a-side footy vs 15 aside footy! Lets start it[/quote]

Can''t think of one game this season where we have looked better with Fox off the pitch rather than on it, same applies to Hoolahan. Both are vital for retaining possession and creating chances - haven''t been impressed with any of Crofts'' performances so far this season.

Ruddy

Naughton           Barnett         Martin      Tierney

Bennett               Fox         Johnson      Pilkington 

Jackson         Morison

[Y]  

[quote user="ricardo"]What always amazes me about threads like this one is how all the amateur Football Managers think they can hand out advice and second guess the guy that the club pays £1 mil a year to.You wouldn''t dream of telling a solicitor or doctor how to represent or treat you. Why should you think PL needs your help in any shape or form.Let the manager get on with the job, all this picking teams and formations is just so much bullshit.[/quote]

Interesting but provacative view Ricky. I was thinking Barnett must be quaking in his boots at the knowledge that he has to prove himself to the poster above on saturday

I think score more than them, is a pretty good tactic!

And to the poster who is having a go at people giving there opinions on team selection and tactics. What are you on about? If your not allowed to do that, then your not allowed to talk about anything that someone is paid to do.... People (or at least I hope) are not saying this is what should be done, and if Lambert doesn''t do it he''s a rubbish manager, this is a message board and it is used to voice your opinion. If I want to say what I hope/think the team will be on saturday then I can do that, If I want to post and say Ruddy is rubbish or Crofts if the best player ever I can do that. Why do you think you can come on here and tell people there not allowed to say what team they would pick?

Oh it was Ricardo (Only saw the post in the quote of the above poster, and it didn''t have the name). Quite surprised by that statement coming from you Ricardo, when you post your brilliant match reviews aren''t you just doing what journalists are paid to do? Is that any different from someone posting their opinion on what the team should/could do? (If someone is saying it as if they know everything, and its what should happen etc then yes, your right. But in most cases its purely an opinion based on what we''ve seen...)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Oh it was Ricardo (Only saw the post in the quote of the above poster, and it didn''t have the name). Quite surprised by that statement coming from you Ricardo, when you post your brilliant match reviews aren''t you just doing what journalists are paid to do? Is that any different from someone posting their opinion on what the team should/could do? (If someone is saying it as if they know everything, and its what should happen etc then yes, your right. But in most cases its purely an opinion based on what we''ve seen...)[/quote]Yes Ginge, but I don''t pretend to tell someone who''s far more qualified than me how to run their show. I simply remark on what I see happen and its from my point of view. I don''t pretend that my opinions are the definative ones or any better than anyone elses.I realise its a lot of fun putting forward your ideas for formations and selections but too many people seem to think just because they can get a score on "Football Manager 2011", they are somehow qualified  to give PL advice.

The process of being able to communicate through debate is one of the great things that spur humanity. It both reflects and enhances our progression as a species.

"The process of being able to communicate through debate is one of the great things that spur humanity. It both reflects and enhances our progression as a species."

That''s true. I discuss and debate with Mrs. Lake District and it spurs me on........more often than not to the pub....................