Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

For Gawd's sake Delia, just retire!

Perhaps a grown up should explain to wiz that Loftus Road is sat in the middle of London where land prices are exceptionally higher.

The '';sugar daddies'' he warbles on about tend to look for basket cases where ''greeks bearing gifts'' are not looked at too closely.

A grown up also might care to explain to him the word invest. It generally means getting a return on your money. Unfortunately this may well mean cleaning it up first through complex off shore, third party player contract sales. Not that QPR have ever been associated with such stuff.

As well as his dislikes of homosexuals wiz appears to have a pathological dislike of Delia which, given his constant need for attention, does mean that the board will be subject to these all too frequent out bursts.

As with most of his silly claims there is never any evidence to back them up or ever any attempt to do so, rather like a child running into the room , shouting bum and running out again. However perhaps he might care to break that habit and name those "new wealthy potential new owners ARE out there"

I love the idea that there are literally tens of hundreds of wealthy individuals looking to p1ss their money up the wall of a football team that many / all of which will have no link with. Utter madness.Just be grateful that we have owners who genuinely care about the club, they have put vast percentages of their own wealth into the club with little or no prospect of return, they have passion for the football side of the business and give their own time to the commercial side.... flipping heck, STOP MOANING.

When are people going to realise that these big buck owners are only a small plaster to a problem that is pretty much caused by themselves?

Sooner or later this whole mega rich club owner thing is going to come crashing down and it''s going to take a massive club with it , then the aftershocks will scare the crap out of those around them .

Chelski are just prime to it .

What was Man Citys results the other day ? How many millions did they lose in last full year results ? £194 M wasn''t it ? Thats just commical.

Delia aint perfect but she ( and those others that have stuck with the club ) are a better bet than an oil baron who''s going to get bored any ime soon.

Careful Wiz........"POMPEY owner Vladimir Antonov has been arrested in London.

The 36-year-old was arrested by City of London Police today and is in custody.

A

European-wide warrant was issued for his arrest yesterday over alleged

financial crimes connected to Snoras Bank in Lithuania, which Mr Antonov

is the major shareholder of.

The Lithuanian government claims that about £250m has been misappropriated from the bank’s funds.

A

City of London police spokesman said that a 36-year-old and a

53-year-old man were arrested this afternoon but could not confirm any

more details.

It

is believed that the 53-year-old man is Raimond Baranauskas, who is the

other major shareholder in Snoras. A warrant was also issued for his

arrest yesterday."

Just hilarious. Delia has stuck with it through thick and very thin indeed and hopefully will get some reward for keeping the faith and having some principles - which clearly the op has some problem with. I would be disillusioned if we ever became one of these money laundering circuses that masquerade as football clubs.

You only need to look at the last attention seeking thread about Morisons celebration meaning he was on the move - due to his body language. At a time when we are doing Ok things looking rosier off the pitch I question why Wiz needs to do this sort of thing apart from to stir up trouble and wind people up.

I don''t see any reason at the moment to question any of our players commitments to the cause which is what Wizs thread yesterday amounted to. Nor do I see any reason to question the off the field situation, especially in terms of ownership of the club.

Well done Wiz - the first level headed anti histeria post in a long time.

I notice most of the responses are from those who welcomed the permanent appointment of Bryan Gunn! God help us.

Paul Lambert will leave at the end of this season whatever happens. Fact.

Delia was desperate to sell this club -when we were at a level no serious investor would get involved. Instead of doing the honourable thing and selling up now, when there would be plenty of interest and a place in canary folklore forever she will hang on and hob nob with rich owners until the inevitable happens and we drop down.

Lambert will go, McNally will go and we will be back to square one.

Well done Wiz, good to see there''s still some common sense non blinkered opinion posted on this once invaluable forum.

This from the poster who is trying to get the fans riled up against our 2 joint top scorers... because of the way they celebrate.

What is the issue? Are you not satisfied with where we are and what we are doing? We are never going to make it into the top 4, but we dont need to be supper rich to do it, look at Everton, Newcastle to an extent Spurs; you dont need a billionare to compete season after season in the top flight.

[quote user="birchfest"]This from the poster who is trying to get the fans riled up against our 2 joint top scorers... because of the way they celebrate.

What is the issue? Are you not satisfied with where we are and what we are doing? We are never going to make it into the top 4, but we dont need to be supper rich to do it, look at Everton, Newcastle to an extent Spurs; you dont need a billionare to compete season after season in the top flight. [/quote]Quite simple really.  You need billionaire owners to avoid a relegation struggle consistently each year. Spurs & Newcastle have billionaire owners.  Everton has been reported for the past year or two desperately short of cash that unless they find a billionaire it''s a matter of time before they face a relegation battle or two. 

I haven''t read all the posts on here because I''m not really interested in most of the nonsense and counter nonsense that people spew on here write so apologies if this has been covered BUT....

I can honestly see a world in 5, maybe 10 years time where footballs insustainability seriously comes around to bite it on the arse. Many clubs operate in debt and the likes of Everton, Bolton and Aston Villa (to a lesser extent) don''t seem to have a plan outside Sheikh investment to get out of it. Man City, Chelsea, and QPR could be screwed if their rich investors pull out and Man Utd are £1/2 billion in the red (although still probably a safe bet.

So when things all go tits up, I''d love to see whether this ultimately will mean we''re going to be in a great place. Some of the clubs above potentially going to the wall, with us and the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle (they''ll be hailing Ashley as a god for this) being in a prime position to step into the shoes of the top sides.

Is it Wiz Season atm seems''s like he''s back with a bang two utterly ridiculous posts. Can''t be getting any back home

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="birchfest"]This from the poster who is trying to get the fans riled up against our 2 joint top scorers... because of the way they celebrate.

What is the issue? Are you not satisfied with where we are and what we are doing? We are never going to make it into the top 4, but we dont need to be supper rich to do it, look at Everton, Newcastle to an extent Spurs; you dont need a billionare to compete season after season in the top flight.
[/quote]

Quite simple really.  You need billionaire owners to avoid a relegation struggle consistently each year. Spurs & Newcastle have billionaire owners.  Everton has been reported for the past year or two desperately short of cash that unless they find a billionaire it''s a matter of time before they face a relegation battle or two. 
[/quote] Not sure how much Blackburns owners are worth, but good to see they are fighting for a Champions League place.

[quote user="BW"]Is it Wiz Season atm seems''s like he''s back with a bang two utterly ridiculous posts. Can''t be getting any back home[/quote]Unfortunately for Wiz, he''s been kept in the shadows of much bigger troll''s recently. Considering the only attention he receives appears to be on this forum, he clearly felt the need  to post two ridiculous threads which almost display a sense of insanity.Sadly, he no longer even comes under the ''troll'' header. He''s just gradually edging towards the `sad old man on the bus everyday who never seems to go anywhere but likes to sit on the back seats, with a small glimmer of hope someone will sit in a close enough vicinity to him so that he can express his dissapointment at todays youth`.Nevermind Wiz, it happens to everyone...eventually.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="BW"]Is it Wiz Season atm seems''s like he''s back with a bang two utterly ridiculous posts. Can''t be getting any back home[/quote]

Unfortunately for Wiz, he''s been kept in the shadows of much bigger troll''s recently. Considering the only attention he receives appears to be on this forum, he clearly felt the need  to post two ridiculous threads which almost display a sense of insanity.

Sadly, he no longer even comes under the ''troll'' header. He''s just gradually edging towards the `sad old man on the bus everyday who never seems to go anywhere but likes to sit on the back seats, with a small glimmer of hope someone will sit in a close enough vicinity to him so that he can express his dissapointment at todays youth`.

Nevermind Wiz, it happens to everyone...eventually.
[/quote]

Heehee Classic!

And I would protect your right to express those opinions Wizzy. From my cold dead hands etc etc.

Besides I need the laughs.

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]And I would protect your right to express those opinions Wizzy. From my cold dead hands etc etc. Besides I need the laughs.[/quote]

Nice reposte Ruddy. [Y]

But I must point out to a few numb nuts on here, many posters on here start an awfully large number of threads, but only I apparently am attention seeking.

Transparent motives in that accusation me thinks.

A pox on them all.

Personally I feel you are wrong in your desire to see Delia retire anytime soon and there are many good reasons already mentioned by other posters why she should not feel that to be necessary or even desirable but I won''t go into that.

As to your other comment, yes, there are a great many who feel it appropriate to record their innermost musings by starting threads when there are already other serviceable threads to add to.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]And I would protect your right to express those opinions Wizzy. From my cold dead hands etc etc. Besides I need the laughs.[/quote]

Nice reposte Ruddy. [Y]

But I must point out to a few numb nuts on here, many posters on here start an awfully large number of threads, but only I apparently am attention seeking.

A pox on them all.

[/quote]I''ve noticed that when you make a thread a minority will join a debate in a constructive way.  The majority will run with the crowd and join in with the ''use wiz as a punch bag''  because they suffer from acute Herd Mentality.You don''t have to name them, just look back for the single sentence BS responses.  And Wiz is accused of being a tool????[*-)]

[quote user="The Jewish Cowboy"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Nice reposte Ruddy. [Y]

A pox on them all.

[/quote]

I''ve noticed that when you make a thread a minority will join a debate in a constructive way.  The majority will run with the crowd and join in with the ''use wiz as a punch bag''  because they suffer from acute Herd Mentality.

You don''t have to name them, just look back for the single sentence BS responses. 

And Wiz is accused of being a tool????[*-)]
[/quote]

I''ve become so used to certain posters insults that I no longer need to see who sent them, its like a finger print now.

But thanks for the support my friend.

And we are so used to a certain poster never backing up what he says, so

perhaps you might care to name those "new wealthy potential new owners ARE out there"

[quote user="City1st"]And we are so used to a certain poster never backing up what he says, so perhaps you might care to name those "new wealthy potential new owners ARE out there"[/quote]

How on earth would I know their individual names?..........but they are out there.

Jeez.........and they call me dumb.[:S]

In fainess to Wiz, Fernandes did come here first and it was common knowledge at the time.

Again as normal on here we can all only summise what went on, some might say that Delia should have done more to make sure that Fernandes invested, others might say Fernandes was''nt too interested, but none of us really know again!

So I sort of understand where Wiz is comming from, not that I agree with him on this point, we have a good structured board now.

"Jeez.........and they call me dumb"

no, I think the words attention seeker, fantasist and troll are the usual names used but not dumb

still, you appear to be doing your best to qualify for that word so do carry on

[quote user="Indy"]In fainess to Wiz, Fernandes did come here first and it was common knowledge at the time. Again as normal on here we can all only summise what went on, some might say that Delia should have done more to make sure that Fernandes invested, others might say Fernandes was''nt too interested, but none of us really know again! So I sort of understand where Wiz is comming from, not that I agree with him on this point, we have a good structured board now.[/quote]

The board is fine Indy, although I still don''t see Fry''s use, but I''ll go with it for now, its the joint owners I''m moaning about, financially, they''re still a League 1 pair.

The January window should be interesting, especially our rivals efforts.

See Wiz, as a supporter I have to say I love our majority owners even though they have made some strange and very poor choices for this club, but they have been here to support the club financially.

It''s not their fault that they are not in the same league financially as the big guns in this league.

But as a business owner I can say that none of us know who has made an offer to invest or buy this club over the years, we don’t know what stipulations the majority shareholders have put as part of any sale! It might be enough to turn most away.

Again you do have the right to ask why Cullum was rejected, yes we have the very good musings from Purple on this one but unless Purple is actually attached to either side then his views are pretty much a best guess view on the real events, only those involved in the brief discussions are privy to what went on there.

So then we have the Turners who again successful business people were talked into investing but why only three months after they invested did it all turn so sour? Again we will never know!

Then we have the money wasted on the third party cost to find investment, why after a year of searching did they not come up with at least one potential investor?

Last Fernandes, what went on there, we had him here, talking to him, his tie up to Norfolk, why did he not invest? He was looking to get involved as he is now at QPR.

All the above are valid questions, to which we can all ask but we will never really know as we were not privy to any part of the potential deals or communications just what was released in various press.

But as before, I am extremely happy and thankful that we have the board we have! this board will look to pay off the debt of the club, so as long as we can keep the wages down and in this league long may they continue, I say.