Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Man City - a good time to play them?

[quote user="exiled blue"]"And the fact you can sling out Adebayor on loan who can walk into Tottenham''s starting 11, mental!" yeah, but they`re welcome to him. he`s a `sleeper`, just wait til he gets a contract there. the ink won`t be dry and he`ll be moaning about being disrespected. a leopard doesn`t change his spots. if you go down the leagues i think we have something like 28 players out on loan to other clubs atm.[/quote]

Do you think that Man City will win the league, Exiled Blue? I do. I think Man Utd are your main challengers for the trophy and they look more vulnerable this year.

i think the league is ours to lose if you get my drift. chelsea look to be close to meltdown atm, spurs might have a big say in who does win it, and the traditional enemy don`t look half as good as they did even 2 years ago, yet they keep fluking wins and grinding out results. liverpool are also rans imo. when we are `up for it` we are almost unplayable, so it`s in our hands now.

if you`d gone back a few years, to even think of me typing stuff like this!. i don`t care what anybody else thinks about us and the money, if you got the chance to see david silva, aguero, yaya toure etc turning out in green and yellow, i don`t think you`d argue?!!...

[quote user="exiled blue"]i think the league is ours to lose if you get my drift. chelsea look to be close to meltdown atm, spurs might have a big say in who does win it, and the traditional enemy don`t look half as good as they did even 2 years ago, yet they keep fluking wins and grinding out results. liverpool are also rans imo. when we are `up for it` we are almost unplayable, so it`s in our hands now. if you`d gone back a few years, to even think of me typing stuff like this!. i don`t care what anybody else thinks about us and the money, if you got the chance to see david silva, aguero, yaya toure etc turning out in green and yellow, i don`t think you`d argue?!!...[/quote]

Absolutely. It would be lovely to go to Carrow Road when City play any of the big clubs and have a reasonable chance of beating them. That''s what massive investment in the squad brings. You could be winning the league for the next ten years!

the truly impressive thing about the sheikh and the money , isn`t all about the first team and the squad, it`s the money being spent off the pitch as well. if you go up to eastlands next week, just take time to look around the ground. the owners have bought a couple of hundred acres of east manchester surrounding the stadium, we now know that the `etihad campus` will be built there, with the training pitches , a seven thousand seater stadium for reserve games, plus a school and accomodation for 40 or so young trainees etc etc. but there still around a 100 acres where they haven`t released what will be built on it. in previous press releases they are talking about whatever they build there costing up to a billion!. plus they are putting money into other projects around city like it`s going out of fashion.our official club website cost over a million to set up , running a soccer academy for kids in sierra leone, building a rooftop training ground for kids in brooklyn new york, the list just goes on and on. these fellas are here for the long term.

a funal quick idea of how they operate, a few days after they took over, the sheikh`s right -hand man came to formally view the stadium, he said that having all the offices inside wasn`t a good idea, that the stadium needed to be a place of `football only`. within weeks they drew up blueprints,got permission and had started constructing a blue office block next to the stadium!, cost 6 million, just like that.

I think its a reltively good time to play them, I believe they have a Carling cup tie on wednesday? Against Arsenal, I am sure they will want to progress to the next round, and then three days after us they have a ''must win'' game against Bayern Munich, so I can see some of there players being rested.

Although even with players rested they have one hell of a squad.