Sign in to follow this  
Young_Riles

Who would u like to see if we get promoted?

ok, i might be jumping the gun, but if norwich went up, who would u like to see worthy signing? lets be realistic, and realise that the current squad might not entirely hold their own against the likes of henry and van nistleroy. if west brom dont go up, id love us to nick darren moore and koumas. there woud also probably be a nice selection of players to pinch from the relegated sides, alex rae might be a snip, and if pompey go down patrik berger. if leicester go down, of course izzet would be a nice aquisiton! definatly would need to strengthen the squad.
on another note, we''d better beat west ham, cos two of my hall mates at uni are hammers. they''d never let it down!

Although I am very confident on getting promoted, I''d rather not be drawn on who we should sign in the summer. There are so many factors which we are currently not aware of: Amount of cash Worthy will have, promotion/relagation of other sides, injuries, free agents etc etc. I''d say we would certainly need a centre back and a couple of midfielders though. Tempting fate a bit to name names at this stage

Nevermind if I post again:

Best player in the tournament in Carlsberg Cup 2004: Norway''s Brede Hangeland. The central defender is nearly 200cm tall, the 23 years old much look liked a basketball player, coolly done in many situation and only once got a foot wrong! Used the ball quite well with his giant figure. Possible a good signing for Norwich City? I recommend our scouts should take a look at it, maybe a good partner with experienced Malky MacKay or Craig Fleming next season in the Premiership. Right footed player and played for Viking.

I reckon that we wud need some1 who could play along side fleming, malk couldn''t handle it. We would need some1 as a target man, because i dont believe svensson wud b good enough. We wud also need another right back, as edworthy is a wolves reject

Ermmm what a strange final comment. We need another right back as edworthy is a wolves reject. what crap haven''t you noticed that he has been fairly consistent throughout this season along with the rest of the defence, hence the reason we have one of the best defensive records this season.

the huck buck,
Explain your comment ''we need another right back because Edworthy is a Wolves reject'' You are probably tucked up in bed now as its 9.30pm so tomorrow will do!

Read the other day that Danny Mills wasn''t sure whether he''d be signing on perminantly at Boro- could the stage be set for a return? would be good to have a supporter playing for the team (i think he is), and he is an england international. Matt Dawson from forest was a guy my mate mentioned to me the other day, he''d be a great partner for Fleming.

Huck buck

Sorry to be such a pedant but I had to read your post four or five times before I could understand it.

Wud, eh ?

Suggest you re read your posts before posting them.

Imagine the grief if our dear old Pink''un started writing in this kind of gibberish fashion

Grommit, cityangel and MadDan have summed it up well Huck Buck. Edworthy has been outstanding this season. I wasn''t so sure when Worthy brought him in but he has been fantastic for us and could still do a job for us in the Premiership. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I take back my comment. I admit that edworthy has been brlliant this season, although i was just wondering whether you lot thought he could handle it. I just thought as edworthy was released by wolves, i thought would he b good enough in the prem? Sorry for the uproar i have caused, but u have all put me in my place!!

it''s as much about the team some one plays in. With respect, would edworthy b gud at say grimsby in the premiership? No because the rest of the defence there wouldn''t b up to the task unlike norwich where he works as part of a premiership quality defensive unit (including greeno)

edworthy was a tad sketchy today- still think it would be awesome to have millsy back at the club :) a quality left sided player too, dont think brennan could hack it. svensson and iwan werent too good either- a big hold the ball up striker would be in order.

there is a big hold up striker called peter crouch. His current club have an agreement with norwich to sell him if they get promoted

Andrew, however much you would like to see Danny Mills back I don''t think Worthy would consider him because of his temperament/ disciplinary record, plus I think he would question whether he would be the right sort of person on and off the pitch to have here now.

Butch, there must be a reason why you are making this statement about Crouchy and the ''agreement'' with Villa. I really would like it to be true, and so would many, many others who post on here regularly. Are you able to divulge any sources of info, or say why you seem so certain that such an agreement exists? (Someone on another site, only today, says that he knows PC''s agent, and the agent says PC doesn''t want to come back here). Who do we believe? (Certainly not a friend of a friend or anyone connected with an agent, I hear you cry!!!)

Don''t believe T07 on wrath of the barclay.Crouchy loved it here and would have stayed but Villa wanted him back.If we go up he''s ours(on v.good authority).

Sounds like another huge incentive to go up then! Imagine, a team full of players who positively love the club, living here, the fans, etc. Enough spirit to maybe stay up? Well, it''s a better start than having a scattering of prima donnas, don''t you think?

Yeah but how many forwards do we need. We have got McKenzie sitting on the bench and the poor bloke has scored four goals in five games including making our season by getting the two at Poorman Road. Another forward of Crouchy''s stature would mean two big target men (Svensson and Crouch) with Roberts (if he gets year contract) also on the bench and Henderson, Jarvis, Huckerby and goodness knows who else that I may have forgotten. Believe the Midfield and Defence would have to be strong candidates for reinforcement before we look at another forward.