Sign in to follow this  
pete_norw

Raising funds for Muscular Dystrophy

Pete please let this stay on here

To night the stars sang Wishing on a star and showed a film of a young family with 3 boys carrying the same disease as my Grandson

this being Action Duchene its a disease that only effects boys ,and its fatel,most cases they die before they reach 20.The stars to night sealed the record and its on sale tomorrow all money goes to the charity, and This is the same charity which I have organised a concert at Carrow road next June, So my message is please bye the cd from tomorrow,  And on behalf of all Duchene sufferers I thank you in advance     

Bump.Come on Pete this is more worthy(no pun intended) than some tosh currently sitting near the top of the page.

Bump!

I watched the feature on the family and shocked. I have an 18 month little boy and to think that those twins were about 3 when they discovered their illness means that at the point I''m at now, they thought their lives would be as simple (as simple as it gets!!) as I expect mine to be.

I, and I would assume this goes for most people, have never heard of this illness before and it sounds like the charity is doing a fantastic job for those three lads.

Unfortunately it''s all about quality of the life they have remaining now which is so so sad. I can''t imagine being put in that position.

Bump!

I watched the feature on the family and was shocked. I have an 18 month little boy and to think that those twins were about 3 when they discovered their illness means that at the point I''m at now, they thought their lives would be as simple (as simple as it gets!!) as I expect mine to be.

I, and I would assume this goes for most people, have never heard of this illness before and it sounds like the charity is doing a fantastic job for those three lads.

Unfortunately it''s all about quality of the life they have remaining now which is so so sad. I can''t imagine being put in that position.

[quote user="Marigold"]

Bump!

I watched the feature on the family and was shocked. I have an 18 month little boy and to think that those twins were about 3 when they discovered their illness means that at the point I''m at now, they thought their lives would be as simple (as simple as it gets!!) as I expect mine to be.

[/quote]

My grandson is now 10, he was diognosed at the age of 8, that was a devistating slap, if anyone is in the local area to yarmouth and you can get your hands on the Yarmouth Mercury, take a look at page 29, there is a feature on my grandson meeting his Favourite world wrestlers John  Cena          at the O2 last weekend, I think you can read it on line so I''m told, I wish I knew how to edit the head title perhaps Pete could help another Pete out for Pete''s sake

I bought the record or cd as its now called, can''t play it as I have no music centre at home, still the money''s going to a good caurse, maybe I should make Mr Wogan aware.   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Marigold"]

Bump!

[/quote]

My grandson is now 10, he was diognosed at the age of 8, that was a devistating slap, if anyone is in the local area to yarmouth and you can get your hands on the Yarmouth Mercury, take a look at page 29, there is a feature on my grandson meeting his Favourite world wrestlers John  Cena          at the O2 last weekend, I think you can read it on line so I''m told, I wish I knew how to edit the head title perhaps Pete could help another Pete out for Pete''s sake

I bought the record or cd as its now called, can''t play it as I have no music centre at home, still the money''s going to a good caurse, maybe I should make Mr Wogan aware.   

[/quote]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Hi Pete,

What title would you like for the thread? Also, is there a link to the song on i-tunes?
[/quote]

Pete thanks for the quick response I have sort of put something down in the lines of Ex Factor stars raising funds for Muscular Dystrophy, I haven''t got a clue aboyt likks the song isWishing on a star think the Xfactor on line may have a linc

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]I saw it as well and it was very upsetting, it is a very worthy cause. Hopefully lots of people will make a contribution. Good luck pete with this Gig/Show you are putting on :)[/quote]

The show Next June is in the Norfolk lounge With Julian Smith, www.juliansmithsaxophonist.com  My brother is his stage manager, we were about to announce a further concert again at Carrow road in June 13 with the same stage setting as Rod Stewart had on the Barclay, but the stage company want £12.000 up front, even though our income will be from sold tickets. 

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]I saw it as well and it was very upsetting, it is a very worthy cause. Hopefully lots of people will make a contribution. Good luck pete with this Gig/Show you are putting on :)[/quote]

The show Next June is in the Norfolk lounge With Julian Smith, www.juliansmithsaxophonist.com  My brother is his stage manager, we were about to announce a further concert again at Carrow road in June 13 with the same stage setting as Rod Stewart had on the Barclay, but the stage company want £12.000 up front, even though our income will be from sold tickets. 

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

sorry that should be www.juliansmithsax.co.uk

I have MD, but thank God, not that strain, mine is Charcot Marie Tooth...........I despise this damn illness so any help to eradicate all forms of it gets my vote! 

Bless the OP for his actions.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

I have MD, but thank God, not that strain, mine is Charcot Marie Tooth...........I despise this damn illness so any help to eradicate all forms of it gets my vote! 

Bless the OP for his actions.

[/quote]

For to long now, my attentions have been in other directions and its hard to accept that my grandson had been suffering all this time and we didn''t know it, I''m hopeing for a good show next June tickets will be on sale after Christmas, £20. Julian will also have latest signed cd''s on offer plus have your Photo taken with him (with your own camera), as well as this show my book is being published on Kindle early next year and can be found on Amazon royalties to go to Muscular Dystrophy too. My brother has a lot of influance with Julian and Dyversity, unfortunatly we can''t afford the stage setting for Dyversity, But if anyone out there knows anyone in the stageing business I would be pleased to have a chat with them