Sign in to follow this  
Cambridge yellow

Canaries i Player thingy. Is it worth it ?

I dont bother with Sky , i dont really like the company and dont fancy giving them my hard earned for limited coverage of Norwich , but what about our Canaries i player thingy through the club ?

Read''s ok but is it worth it ? Only £35 for the year which doesn''t seem much to me.

I dont use it when a match is on as I dont need too but it shows you extended highlights, ordinary highlights and just the goals from each game. You see the post match interviews (same as ones from radio Norfolk), and get to see the pre match press conference and players thoughts before the game which you cant see anywhere else I dont think. They are do a Paul McVeigh Meets thing where they meet up with a player asking them a load of random q''s bout NCFC, family, hobbies etc.

Personally I quite like it. They do put quite a lot of things on there to watch.

[quote user="Cambridge yellow"]I dont bother with Sky , i dont really like the company and dont fancy giving them my hard earned for limited coverage of Norwich , but what about our Canaries i player thingy through the club ? Read''s ok but is it worth it ? Only £35 for the year which doesn''t seem much to me.[/quote]

if u cant get to games and r unable to get radio norfok then its a must imo.

when i lived abroad for a while it was my lifeline to all things canary and worth every single penny.

For those of us living abroad, Cambridge, The Canaries I Player is a Godsend . Clearly I''m a little far flung to pick up Radio Norfolk, and you can''t get commentary on the normal Internet, as they block it. At about one quid per week, it''s a bargain imho.

Don''t forget that Norwich games are hardly ever featured as the main commentary match on R 5 Live or Sports Extra.

I think it''s brilliant, Highlights aside the extra interviews (Especially the McVeigh meets ones) are great.

Also, if you''re not going to the matches etc. i think it''s a great way to support the club, and the more subscribers - the better it gets!

If you''re hard up at the moment, you could always gift yourself for 6 months (£20) - Will give you most of the season now.

I actually cancelled it this year after about 7 years as I didn''t see the point in paying for audio I''ve already paid once for with my licence fee when I can watch it for free over the net.

I also found it to be quite unreliable as the commentary would often cut out or be completely out and you''d have to listen to the opposition.

Brilliant service. I don''t use the live broadcast but it''s worth it for the archive of highlights, youth and reserve highlights and McSmall''s interviews are superb.

Get it and enjoy. Btw I appreciate you cannot afford Sky but they are very good and give us super coverage.

ive had it for years and listen to live games when i cant get to the match itself.

Ive also found it at times to be unreliable but have no issues this season so far.

I must do some digging to find these free view internet thingys to watch live

Ok , thanks lads

I cant get Radio Norfolk here in Cambridge, we just cant pick it up ( which means i dont get the joys of the phone either so it''s not all bad )

I can afford Sky , but i''d rarther save up the money and take my twin boys instead when i can so this is a good inbetween .

I got it to listen to the live commentary when I am not in Norfolk, which is purely worth it alone to me, as I''m hardly ever here.Highlights are good and prompt and usually fairly comprehensive.This year the McVeigh meets have been good additions and are really interesting.I would definitely recommend it.HOWEVERIf you sign up for the 1 week trial or whatever it is, then cancel. They should offer you a cheaper rate (for the year) to entice you back. I haven''t tried this with the 1 week offer although after a year of having canaries world I cancelled and they offered me next years for half price. This was a few years ago now, so not guaranteed.Also you can use your account on multiple machines, and I believe also simultaneously. If you follow.  

FOR A LIVE STREAMif you google ''first row sports'' you will find a website which has pretty much every match under the sun streamed live on there. Most good quality too. Merry xmas!

Cant’ recommend it highly enough. I’m at most of the games so don’t use the commentary much and when I’m not watching live, there are rumoured to be internet feeds to watch the games.

But as we can see all the highlights on Football First or MotD they have had to come up with some different stuff to make it worth subscribing to.

The new things NCFC have done are excellent, the McVeigh interviews, highlights from the youth and reserve games and the pre-match analysis, the last one of which featured a poster from this message board. All the things we can’t get from the BBC or Sky.

So yes, well worth £37 a year or £3+ per month.

I had Canaries player since it came out pretty much - I live nearly 200 miles from Norwich and for years it was the only way to keep up to date...

Any other season, I would say yeah, well worth the money. This season EVERY SINGLE GAME is available to watch, for free, over the internet. It''s really easy to do, and I can even do it on my phone (I have an Android smartphone) unless I''m somewhere with appalling signal. I never managed to get Canaries player to work on my phone, but I can watch games live on there - bit weird.

The highlights are good when they do extended highlights but most normal highlights are available from a site if you were to google footytube - all Prem ones are anyway.

If you want, send me an email at Tomblazak@hotmail.co.uk and I will explain step by step how to watch games online for free.