Sign in to follow this  
ncfcstar

RIP Gary Speed

Terrible news, a truly model pro and just cutting teeth and getting results in management...

A real tragedy that someone so young is taken...

Thoughts go out to his family...

RIP Gary

[quote user="DOGGER"]How??? shocked to the core!![/quote]Times and BBC reporting on Twitter that he hanged himself, terrible news.

Terrible news, can''t believe it. Atleast he won his last few games as Wales manager. Way too young to go. Thoughts with friends and family!

So tragic.....He appeared on Football Focus only yesterday, and seemed in good spirits. Sympathy and condolences to his family and friends.

Very sad news indeed.It would be nice if some good could come from cases like this, and of Robert Enke, in that the football world, and society in general could examine how mental health issues are treated.Too often you see the idea that people who are rich, or famous, or have lives and lifestyles that other people could only dream of, are somehow immune to mental illness, or that depression isn''t a ''real'' illness and that sufferers should just cheer up. Hopefully this tragic news might cause a few people to re-evaluate their attitudes.

Absolutely tragic news about Gary Speed, here we have a tribute to the late Wales manager. Just hope it does the great man justice.

http://www.ontheballcity.com/gary-speed-tribute/

Have a good Sunday folks.

It''s just not right.

RIP. I hope things are better for you on the other side.

For an insight into depression and its affects Stan Collymore on Twitter is a good source of news...seems to be happening more and more, depression needs to be taken seriously.

I actually can''t believe it, he was a great player and person, and doing so well as Wales manager. Such a shame, RIP Gary Speed.

Truely shocking.  I was just watching him on football focus yesterday with Gary McAllister, I can''t believe it.....

RIP Gary, my thoughts are with your family and friends.

Every now and again a particular death just stops everyone in their tracks, and this is one of them.

On the face of it, it makes no sense at all. Gary Speed appeared to have everything and his national side was playing to his style and acheiving outstanding results.

But mental illness pays the same heed to health, happiness and status as a terminal disease and while suicide seems the answer to the individual afflicted it is the cruelest of deaths to family and friends who will examine themselves deeply over it.

I feel terribly sorry for Gary but even more so for his family, friends, colleagues and players. The football world has been shaken. May his family be left in peace.

Shocking news and I''m at a losss for words.

RIP Gary - so feel for his wife, two boys, family and friends.

Awful news. If anyone gets the chance to read Marcus Trescothicks autobiography then I would strongly recommened it, a real eye-opener into a serious illness that can affect anyone; Irrespective of finance, health, or happiness.

Very sad for Gary''s family. For some reason this makes me also think of Barry Butler. I perceived Gary and Barry the same way....as true professionals in the game of football and both left us way too early.

Condolences go to the family of Gary Speed; a man whose decision this morning, I can tell you from experience, will likely scar his children for life.