Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Bookies now refusing bets on Steve Bruce sacking..

Here we go yet again.Remember Wiz that Lambert himself says he is going nowhere whilst he is wanted and welcome in these parts.[:@]

I was thinking the same. Outside the so.called elite clubs who possibly would he leave us for?. Villa, everton , Newcastle and sunderland. Geographically its a good move for him but hopefully he loves what he is building at city along with Mcnally and bowkett that he would not want to go anywhere.

Sunderland will want, if Bruce has gone, a big name Manager with matching experience and know-how.

Lambert isn''t that yet.

Martin O''Neill and Mark Hughes will top their list.

They''ll also sound out the likes of Hiddink and Ancelotti-their owners will promise big money and matching ambition-to start with, anyway...

They might even have a word with Eriksson.

For Lambert to go there, they''d have to approach the club and we''d have to give them permission to speak to Lambert. First scenario unlikely, second one extremely so.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/sunderland-specials/next-permanent-manager 25-1 at moment.[/quote]

I hope Lambert and the club kill this quickly.

Relax, Wiz. Sunderland is a backward step for PL.

He''ll be here until the end of the season, and he''ll be managing in the PL (same initials. Coincidence? I think not) next year. Hopefully with us.

However, I reckon Morison would take the job like a shot, so we might be looking for a new centre-forward in January.

Odds Checker offer better odds on Ray Wilkins, Gareth Southgate & Bob Bradley getting the nod ahead of Lambert...

...so we can put it to bed anyway. He''s on the list to tempt people who think its good odds when, infact, its not.

On the Morrison thread you said to me that you would leave Lambert leaving threads to the more ''fickle fans''.......

My money is on Bob Bradley, especially with Sunderland having a yank owner.

Too many good managers without a job for this to be a worry. And Sunderland isnt the nicest place in the world.

He''s roughly third favourite with the Sunderland fans after Martin O''Neill and Mark Hughes depending on whether the fan cited experience or up and coming as their main attribute.

Looking it at it from Lambert''s point of view and not a Norwich fan''s point of view it''s a tough decision.

Do you stay with a currently successful project with your stock continuing to rise or do you leave for more money, a bigger transfer budget/club, nearer your homeland but pressure to succeed.

In essence, do you leave Colchester for Norwich?

It would be a tough decision for Lambert to make. The board would obviously reject any approaches though and this would force Lambert to resign if he wanted the job and ultimately I don''t think Paul Lambert would want the job enough to push it through.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Here we go yet again.Remember Wiz that Lambert himself says he is going nowhere whilst he is wanted and welcome in these parts.[:@][/quote]

What do you reckon to this Til?

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=505&fid=240&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115845423

[/quote]

What do i reckon ?.............I reckon it tells you nothing we did not already know.

[quote user="birchfest"]On the Morrison thread you said to me that you would leave Lambert leaving threads to the more ''fickle fans''.......
[/quote]

Get it right, its the speculation we don''t need, yes?

IF Bruce goes then I''d be surprised if they wouldn''t look at Moyes.

Moyes has done wonders at Everton on an ever diminishing budget.  Sunderland have in comparison splashed the cash in comparison and you can''t help but think that with Moyes they would have been more successful. Moyes has been consistently good in the Premier League over several years and has shown his loyalty, and character by not just jumping ship when things (lack of money etc) don''t go his way.

I think Moyes would be great for Sunderland, but would he go there?  I don''t know.

On the subject of Steve Bruce, when he was being interviewed after the defeat to Wigan I could literally not believe how red his face was.  I don''t think I have ever seen a human''s face as red as that, pillar box red it was!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="birchfest"]On the Morrison thread you said to me that you would leave Lambert leaving threads to the more ''fickle fans''.......
[/quote]

Get it right, its the speculation we don''t need, yes?

[/quote]

That''s correct Wizard. Try putting your gloves on before you start typing. [;)]

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/chris-young-column/bruce_out_give_us_your_verdict_1_4011324?showResult=true&pollContentId=7.90832

There is a voting thing on right hand side. If enough people vote the bottom option it might help him keep his job.

I would hate the circus of him losing his job and Lambert speculation. Also would be bad if Martin O Neill got the job.

[quote user="birchfest"]You''ve just helped start that yourself on here, bruce hasnt even lost his job yet...
[/quote]

Well he damn well has now!

SkyBet shortlisted top 3 as quoted on Sky News:Martin O''Neill (odds on)Mark HughesRafa Benitezetc.Lee Clark longest odds at 28/1 (and a Geordie at that)Lambert not listed.