Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Elliot Bennett

Yers, I am disappointed. Having scored a good long-range gaol pre-season, he is just about the only outfield player not to score in the Premiership. (I wonder if PL regards Pilks as the senior winger, and Bennett the one to sit on the bench. It seems like it.)

He and Naughton were working well together early on, and it''s difficult to know why this has not happened so much recently, unless Naughton is staying back to concetrate on defence.

I was hoping for great things from Bennett. To be fair to him, he has made some good crosses. I want a winger who causes fullbacks problems, but how often does he go past the back on the outside? He seems to cut in , which may be a sign of a lack of confidence.

I hope that he finds his "spark" soon, we need a fit and confident Bennett to help pull Premiership defences about.

I think it''s a case for alot of our squad that they are stepping up divisions and each one has their own issues to sort out.

Confidence is a key factor - but to play and succeed they have to have confidence in themselves. It could well be that different players will find their form and confidence at different times during the season.

As has been said Bennett was perhaps better earlier on in the season. Maybe needs time out to regain his self belief.

But it does give the opportunity for other players to take their chance. It''s all down to the skill of the man management and I think PL has more than proved himself there.

Bennett has a great shot and is a good winger - just needs maybe that extra bit of confidence going forward. Time for him yet to show us his best.

Very harsh, you could say the same about a number of our players, time is needed for these players to adjust to the surroundings and a new league.

I think defensively he has been very good along with Naughton and actually he has delivered one or two crosses that have led to goals.

Yes there have been times when he has picked the wrong cross, or again he hasn''t tried to beat the full back for pace, but he has been a player who put in a good shift.

I am very pleased with his progress, yes from his clips on youtube we can see he has a great shot on him and loves to run at players. In time that will come, no question he can be a factor going forward, but as of yet he has been a little subdued.

I am happy with his progress, like to see him take on a few more defenders but his time will come and I am certain he will become a real potent force down the right.

This is very harsh on Bennett.  Last season he was playing in League oOne and lets remember that in that league he was probably one of the quickest players in the league and therefore had a lot of time to pick out a cross or have a shot.  Now all of a sudden he is in the best league in the world playing against the best players in the world who have faced players 10 times quicker than him.  This means that he has less time on the ball which means less time to think about crossing or having a shot or whatever. 

He is very young and has made a huge step up and he needs time to adjust and settle in.  We are building a squad of young quality players and Bennett very much fits into that bracket.  The beauty of doing things like this is that come next season or even the season after we will have a very good squad all use to playing with each other who are all of the right age with experience as well.

He looked good in pre season so give him time and I''m sure he will become a quality winger.

Bennetts done alright in my opinion.  Hes not been brilliant, hes not been rubbish.  Its a big step up.  Hes shown some glimpses that he can be a real assett to us.  Its just that Pilks has stole the headlines cause hes got the ghouls and a couple of assists. 

I''m sure Bennett will only get better.  I think its good hes had a little bit of a rest, thats why we have a squad.  Surmans come in, done a job, likewise with Crofts.  We have to utilise our whole squad, and as long as we continue to keep picking up points here and there, we''ll be alright.  I expect us to be sitting on somewhere around 22-25 points come early January, then we will be in a prime position to see where we need strengthening...

I think that we need a little bit of perspective here.

The fact that Johnson, Pilkington and Morrison have done so well so far has been miraculous given their previous status'' and Lambert can only perform so many miracles. Bennett has done well, probably as well as you would expect any league one player to do given the jump. It''s just that the others have exceeded themselves and this undermines Bennetts achievements so far.

I think he''s doing ok. It''s very rare that a young player jumps up 2 leagues to make an instant impact. Pilkington is one such player but we can''t expect that of everyone. Elliot remember is also a year younger than Pilks.Bennett hasn''t thrown up trees but he''s had some very good games while he was playing. He''s shown what he can do with some darting runs and has put in some great crosses from the byline (crucial assist against Sunderland, and a great cross for Pilkington against Arsenal). Another thing that''s noticable is that he''s been fantastic at tracking back and helping the defence, and that he hasn''t let his head drop. Against Arsenal, Santos had the beating of him, and twice he tried to flick it past him or through his legs, but Santos came away with the ball. Despite that he kept trying because he knew he had the pace, and because of that did eventually get to the byline.I''m confident he will have a key role this season, and will only improve in future years.

I think he''s done pretty well. My only slight disappointment is i feel he could have had 2 or 3 goals to his name by now given that he clearly has shooting ability. he has, however, tended to snatch at the chances which have come his way which is probably a confidence thing. I also would have liked to have seen him take a couple of free kicks we have had on the edge of the box which loked tailor made for him (based on what i''ve seen him do for Brighton) but again, maybe due to confidence, he deferred to Johnson who proceeded to screw them up!

His general play is, however, pretty good. You can see he has great technical ability and in most matches I have seen he has supplied two or three quality crosses although with only Mozza up there, there have not always been people on the end of them.

I think he will continue to play an important role throughout the season. he won''t play every game but like Holt, Crofts, Surman etc i don''t think he will let us down when called upon. You also have to remember how young he is. Its not just about this season with players like Bennett. They will hopefully be around for several years and grow with the more experience they get.

To me he''s done pretty well, not amazing, but when you consider he was bought for £1.5m(?) and expected to play in the premiership to a good standard, he''s certainly paid his transfer fee.

Obviously Pilks and Morison have been the standout players, but without the contributions from the likes of Bennett, they probably would have struggled.

I''m always happy to see him in the starting 11.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]he hasnt done anything wrong i dont think and will no doubt get a chance again soon.

Looking a good player so far.
[/quote]

Totally agree, he''s not looked off the pace or anything like that, some players take alittle time to settle before you see the very best of them but i dont think he''s let anyone down and at the level we are now and considering his age and the jump in standard i think thats pretty good.

Unlike Pilkington, he''s showed a certain lack of consistency in his debut in Premier. Probably he''ll improve, meantime I''d play Crofts.