Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

we stand when we want.......

Eric Pickles Pie i look forward to watching you dribble over your tartan rug next home game however us in the Snakepit do not care what you are the rest or the dribblers have to say. We will continue to have cracking days in the pit enjoying ourselves. Snakepit boys we are here shag your women and drink your beer.

Well if some of you dribbles had more character about you instead of letting the world pass you by being a conformist nobody then yours women wouldn''t be begging for us to shag them

And up turns one of the tits which CANARY CHARGE warned of lol. Well done BW, you never lets us down.

Always been quite proud of the boys in the SP, been proud of all our fans, can''t expect them all to be the same. Bit pathetic all this in-fighting.

Eric Pickles is fast becoming one of my favourite posters, wouldn''t be ashamed to dribble in his company. (I do hope thats not code for something awful!)

[quote user="lake district canary"]"Snakepit boys we are here shag your women and drink your beer." Aren''t we all supposed to be on the same side??[/quote]

You would have thought so, LDC, but I suppose this Forum has its members, as is so often the case, that try to drive wedges between others. It''s a pity that so many forums are spoilt by the intolerent minority who blithely dismiss as "crap (or similar)  any opinion that does not fit in with their narrow take on any given subject.

That said, it''s fair to say that this is far less of a problem ,generally ,on Pink Un than on other forums I''ve read.

Your the one who wants to see me dribble maybe you should do it you strange old man

[quote user="Ruddy Wizard"]. Eric Pickles is fast becoming one of my favourite posters, wouldn''t be ashamed to dribble in his company. (I do hope thats not code for something awful!)[/quote]

What had you in mind RW ?   I''m intrigued. Thanks for the vote of support BTW.

Perhaps , by way of gratitude, I can donate my tartan blanket for your dog in your avatar to lie on during those long,cold Lancashire nights.

Better wash all the dribble off first, mind.

Nothing sinister intended at all EPPS, just that if we are to be labelled I''m not ashamed to be one lol.

I''ve heard of worse I suppose and I have appreciated your balance and gentle humour.

I also laughed on Saturday when the Jarrold came in for a bit of attention, thought we should go with

Paid for this blanket, I''ll sing if I want!

There seems to have been more animosity the past few games since Plod have been throwing their weight around in the Snakepit.

Indy "Block E & D don''t need to have the same recognition about them as the self centred Snake Pit. It''s like the Snake Pit is our Jordan, they need to be noticed by everyone!

It is a shame as in general when together SP & Barclay generate a great noise and atmosphere."

Apart from the stand if we want song what in your eyes are the snakepit singing that is self centred or trying to get ourselves noticed?

[quote user="HoltsRightFoot"]He is right, Block D and E stand all the time where I am, myself including, we get told to sit down then we do then when they bugger off we are up standing again singing.

I stand up nearly the whole match without being told to sit down, Saturday was the most I have ever been told to sit down.[/quote]That''s weird.  We stood for all the game on Saturday on the Block B/Block C borderland and never got bothered once by a steward???

I sit on the edge of the snake pit and they really do try to generate an atmosphere when the rest of the ground is often sitting silent, like last Saturday. Good on you and keep it up, maybe some of the other stands will decide to join in sometime!  

I have watched this thread for a couple of days now and i just wonder what will be the next move by the Club.They are constantly put under pressure by the authority that issues the stadium safety certificate and i remember back to last season when letters were sent to Snakepit season ticket holders for running down to the perimeter track when a goal was scored.I hope everybody understands that closure of that area of the ground could be a last resort if the safety certificate was revoked by some senior jobsworths at County Hall so i would not be at all surprised if correspendence from NCFC dropped on a few hundred door mats before the Newcastle game. Just an observation guys and girls so don''t slate me for it.

[quote user="BW"]Watching this thread from that perch so high til?[/quote]

Not at all BW so let''s just wait and see how events unfold shall we? What i said could happen but i did not say it would happen but i am certain we have not heard the end of the standing standoff between fans and stewards.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]
That''s weird.  We stood for all the game on Saturday on the Block B/Block C borderland and never got bothered once by a steward???
[/quote]

That''s exactly one of the points I raised in my post as to why Snakepitters find the stewarding approach antagonistic

[quote user="TIL 1010"]..... i would not be at all surprised if correspendence from NCFC dropped on a few hundred door mats before the Newcastle game. Just an observation guys and girls so don''t slate me for it.[/quote]

As I said in my earlier post, I also expect it, and I expect it will get the same response as it did last time.

So if Mr County Council Jobsworth is going to shut the Snakepit - are they going to shut the Away section, and Barclay C,D,E ?? If not why not ?? Same behaviour should solicit the same action.

It''s time for some real dialogue before it gets out of hand - will the new face of ''club friendly'' NCISA (or whatever they are called now) represent or ignore?

One or two people (or is it just one?) are trying to escalate this into something that is out of proportion. Ok, stand and then sit or whatever - rules are rules. But is it right to get tribal about it? The snakepit is a good place top support from, I like being near it, but the aggressive attitude on this board of some people is pushing this beyond reason.

The rules at a football ground are that you basically sit. If you stand, fine but if you are told to sit, sit and then stand again - play the game!!!

Don''t turn it into something nasty. What''s the point? We''re all supporters of the same club - where ever you sit in the ground the rules are the same.

Away supporters is a different issue - harder to enforce - but the rules are there.

You''re no better than the rest of us just because you sit/stand in the snakepit.

Who is saying that the supporters in the Snakepit are better than the rest of the fans? I certainly haven''t said it and I can''t remember anyone else on here saying it. If I''m wrong and someone on here has said it I apologise but I can''t remember it and I don''t think any of the others I know in the Snakepit think that way.

There is a guy in the D block of the barclay, i imagine he sits on seats 105 of row C or D and you will knoe the one i mean because he takes the piss out of the camera man in the suit who goes into his little hatch, he also calls the ref a wanker alot.

Am sure plenty of people have heard him, well on Saturday a steward just told him directly to sit down amd he told him to fuck off and that why should he sit down if no one else in the same block is sitting down.

Personally i think he is right in that respect.

PS what were QPR singing about norwich at the game, i heard they sang your only here to see the champions lol. What a joke.

Totally agree with NMTD, for some reason the Stewards plough into the Snakepit compared to other parts of the ground. Somebody said this was due to the Police control box being behind us, not sure if this is true. Does the Barclay get the same treatment? They intimidate the crowd unnecessarily in my opinion.

As to the us and them (Snakepit and Barclay) I must say for all the guys I go with in the Snakepit we love the Barclay. All of us were caged in there when it was terracing hence I suppose the need to want to stand. The taunting of the Barclay is only to get us all behind the team, agreed a few Chavs have recently found their way into the Snakpit but their enthusiasm is to back the team and it is “All done in the best possible taste”

Bring on Newcastle who I must say in the past have some very humorous fans.